Back on the bandwaggon.... 3rd time Lucky :)

Amy_Maria

This isn't my 1st attempt at slimming world. In Oct 2012 I weighed 203lbs (14St2lbs), I started my slimming world journey and did really well, I lost over 2st and got to 11st 11lbs, my relationship broke down and I moved house, I moved away from my group and fell off the wagon. In 11 months a little bit of weight started to creep back on but I wasn't too naughty. I decided to rejoin a new group and was 12st4lbs (172lbs) when I braved the scales again, I got down to 11st6lb (160lbs) in 5 weeks but I really didn't like my new group or the way my new consultant ran the group, so again I fell of the wagon. :(

This time I'm doing it from home, my mums joining in so were going to work at it together, I'm doing 100% EE days, lots of exercise and I start a new more mobile job on Monday too so I this time i'm not quitting.

I will be sharing my Food, Recipes, and ups or downs, general exercise and of course my weekly weigh-in.

Weigh-in night will be between 6-8pm on a Wednesday.

Final target is 135lbs (9st 9lbs)
Target date - Spring/Summer 2015 (Summer bodies are earned in Winter)

Start Weight - 172lbs

Last edited:
Day 1

So I just had my breakfast, and I have to admit I had no superfree, I really struggle to get this in on my breakfast, but last time I did Slimming World I would only have SF on about 4/7 breakfast a week and it never caused me an issue. I have it religiously on every other meal :)

Breakfast - 2X Small Wholemeal Toast (HXB), 2 Poached Eggs, 1 Coffee with a splash of milk and sweetener, 2 glasses of water.

Thinking I may go to the gym or for a jog later :) :whacky068:

Hey Amy! What fantastic news about the job! Huge congratulations!

I too am coming back to slimming world for not the first time ;) I'm also not new to minimins either but forgot my log in as it has been so long.

I think its fab you and you mum are doing it together! Anyway sending you tons of will power for SW and lots of good luck for your new job!

(I also struggle with superfree in my breakfast unless it's fruit!)

:welcome2:

Hi Sarah :)

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to starting now :) its back in the sector I want to work in long-term so I was really happy when they told me I had the job.

I've not been on Minimins in about 8 months but I'm glad to be back I love the recipe ideas and support on here.

We have both done slimming world a few times but never at the same time so it will be good, lots of meals together, we have already had a few arguments about syn values and HX's so the books have been out haha :D So far it Amy 2 Mum 0 so my memory is doing me proud :D :D

Good look with your weight loss too x

:welcome2:

Hi Sarah :)

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to starting now :) its back in the sector I want to work in long-term so I was really happy when they told me I had the job.

I've not been on Minimins in about 8 months but I'm glad to be back I love the recipe ideas and support on here.

We have both done slimming world a few times but never at the same time so it will be good, lots of meals together, we have already had a few arguments about syn values and HX's so the books have been out haha :D So far it Amy 2 Mum 0 so my memory is doing me proud :D :D

Good look with your weight loss too x

Aww that's great that the job is back in the sector you want to work in!

Haha a few competitive moments will be good for both of you. Will keep you both on your toes. Haha go memory!!

So I have managed to stick to my good day and I'm done with food for the day now, I will have a Options Hot chocolate later with NCIS.

Day 1

Breakfast - 2X Small Wholemeal Toast (HXB), 2 Poached Eggs
-1 Coffee with a splash of milk (1/3 HXA) and sweetener, 2 glasses of water

Snack - 2 Slices of Pineapple

Lunch - Ham and Tomato Sandwich on 2 small Wholemeal Bread (6 Syns) with 1 Tbs of light (30%) Salad Creme (2 Syns)
- 1 Glass of Water,
1 Coffee with a splash of milk (1/3 HXA) and sweetener

Tea - Pork Medallion marinated in 1/3 packet of Flava-it Chinese seasoning (2.5 Syns) Spicy Frylite Slimming World Wedges, Sweetcorn, Salad with Lettuce, tomato, Spring Onion and red pepper. TSpoon of Mayo ( 2 Syns)

Night Time Treat - Options Belgium Hot Chocolate part water with a little milk (1/3 HXA) (2 Syns)

Total Syns - 14.5
Weekly Syns - 14.5/105

Well Today has been a mixed day,I have skipped a few meals due to having bellyache due to it being * week, but what I have managed to eat has been on plan, and I made sure I drank lots of fluids to keep hydrated.

Day 2

Breakfast - 2 Rashes of Bacon, 2 Poached Eggs, Frylighted Mushrooms, Baked Beans and 2 X Toast and a scrap if margarine- (HXB) (2 Syns)
- 1 X Coffee with sweetener and a splash of Milk - (1/3 of HXA)

Lunch - Banana and Option Hot Chocolate Mint (2 Syns)

Tea - Banana, Lemon and Lime sugar free jelly (1.5 syns) Glass of water.

Drinks - 2 more glasses of Water and 2 Teas with milk (2/3 HXA)
Total Syns - 5.5
Weekly Syns - 20/105

Last edited:
Day 3

Breakfast - Banana and Coffee with sweetner and splash of milk (1/3 HXA)

Lunch - Lean Sandwich Steak with Frylight mushrooms on a mini white crusty baguette (8 syns) with 1/2 tbspn of extra light mayo (1/2 syn). Jacket Potato with scrape of marg (2 Syns) and Salad made up of peppers, spring onion, lettuce and carrot.

Snack - Banana and Coffee again (1/3 HXA)

Tea - Slimming world melt in the middle burgers made with extra lean mince with a babybel light in middle (1/3 HXA) and Lean Bacon on top, in a small Whole meal Bap (HXB) Slimming world spicy wedges and Salad, with 2 tbspoons of extra light mayo (2syns) and 1 tbspoon of Heinz BBQ sauce (1 Syn) and 2 glasses of Dr Pepper Zero.

Total Syns - 13.5
Weekly Syns -33.5/105

So I have managed to stick to my good day and I'm done with food for the day now, I will have a Options Hot chocolate later with NCIS.

Day 1

Breakfast - 2X Small Wholemeal Toast (HXB), 2 Poached Eggs
-1 Coffee with a splash of milk (1/3 HXA) and sweetener, 2 glasses of water

Snack - 2 Slices of Pineapple

Lunch - Ham and Tomato Sandwich on 2 small Wholemeal Bread (6 Syns) with 1 Tbs of light (30%) Salad Creme (2 Syns)
- 1 Glass of Water,
1 Coffee with a splash of milk (1/3 HXA) and sweetener

Tea - Pork Medallion marinated in 1/3 packet of Flava-it Chinese seasoning (2.5 Syns) Spicy Frylite Slimming World Wedges, Sweetcorn, Salad with Lettuce, tomato, Spring Onion and red pepper. TSpoon of Mayo ( 2 Syns)

Night Time Treat - Options Belgium Hot Chocolate part water with a little milk (1/3 HXA) (2 Syns)

Total Syns - 14.5
Weekly Syns - 14.5/105

Well Today has been a mixed day,I have skipped a few meals due to having bellyache due to it being * week, but what I have managed to eat has been on plan, and I made sure I drank lots of fluids to keep hydrated.

Day 2

Breakfast - 2 Rashes of Bacon, 2 Poached Eggs, Frylighted Mushrooms, Baked Beans and 2 X Toast and a scrap if margarine- (HXB) (2 Syns)
- 1 X Coffee with sweetener and a splash of Milk - (1/3 of HXA)

Lunch - Banana and Option Hot Chocolate Mint (2 Syns)

Tea - Banana, Lemon and Lime sugar free jelly (1.5 syns) Glass of water.

Drinks - 2 more glasses of Water and 2 Teas with milk (2/3 HXA)
Total Syns - 5.5
Weekly Syns - 20/105

Day 3

Breakfast - Banana and Coffee with sweetner and splash of milk (1/3 HXA)

Lunch - Lean Sandwich Steak with Frylight mushrooms on a mini white crusty baguette (8 syns) with 1/2 tbspn of extra light mayo (1/2 syn). Jacket Potato with scrape of marg (2 Syns) and Salad made up of peppers, spring onion, lettuce and carrot.

Snack - Banana and Coffee again (1/3 HXA)

Tea - Slimming world melt in the middle burgers made with extra lean mince with a babybel light in middle (1/3 HXA) and Lean Bacon on top, in a small Whole meal Bap (HXB) Slimming world spicy wedges and Salad, with 2 tbspoons of extra light mayo (2syns) and 1 tbspoon of Heinz BBQ sauce (1 Syn) and 2 glasses of Dr Pepper Zero.

Total Syns - 13.5
Weekly Syns -33.5/105

Food is looking fab hun! Keep up the great work! And * week is such a pain and inconvenience.

It is and I came on the day after I started but I determined not to let it stop me losing. I'm having a good day so far and I'm hoping for a loss even though its * week. :)

It is and I came on the day after I started but I determined not to let it stop me losing. I'm having a good day so far and I'm hoping for a loss even though its * week. :)

Hopefully by the time you weigh any bloat will of mostly gone. I'm sure it will be fine. I have pcos and I don't get regular periods (only about 6 or 7 a year at most whike this big. They increase when I lose weight)
But when they come its like someone blew my belly up with water for a week. I usually gain 4-7 lbs personally but then it all goes and more next weigh. But as your weighing close to the end you should be fine. :D

Hopefully *Fingers crossed*

I don't bloat a huge amount but I can still always tell on the scales. I not exactly regular either, Ive been told my numerous people to ask my Dr to be tested for PCOS because I have a lot of the symptoms. Just never got round to it. :/

So I've had a lovely family day with my Mum and brother, we have watched films and relaxed all day and then watched X-Factor tonight.
Tomorrow will be the 1st day of training for my new job and i'm very excited, but i'm also hoping they isn't any naughty food there to tempt me :/

Day 4

Breakfast - 2 X small wholemeal toast (HXB) with 2 Dairylea Light Triangles (1/2 HXA) and a Mullerlight Cherry with lots of defrosted berries on top.

Lunch - Roast chicken, Small slither of skin (3 syns) Frylite roasted potatoes and parsnips, Carrots, Peas, 2 miniature home-made Yorkshire Puddings (5 syns)
Small drizzle of gravy (3 syns) with 1 large glass of Lilt Zero.

Snack - 3 Seafood Sticks, Cranberry and Raspberry Muller light with defrosted berries on top.

Tea - Small portion of frylighted steak and mushrooms with left over Flylighted Roast potatoes. 5 sliced cherry tomatoes.

Extra Drinks - 2 Coffees with sweetener and a splash of milk (1/2 HXA). 3 Glasses of no added sugar orange squash.

Total Syns - 11
Weekly Syns -44.5/105

First day at work was good, food wise not so good. Had 10 mins to get lunch and very few options. Ended up with a Subway at 24syns, but it was that or a burger from the burger van, or chips. I knew the syns when I got it and it fit into my weekly syns ok as I have been a few under every day so far :)

I'm so glad I do ti weekly as well are daily cos it just helps me to manage when difficult meals like this one pop up. I try to have 5 syns every day at least but if I go over one day I don't stress I just cut back other days.

Will pop down what I had today in once i've had tea :)

First day at work was good, food wise not so good. Had 10 mins to get lunch and very few options. Ended up with a Subway at 24syns, but it was that or a burger from the burger van, or chips. I knew the syns when I got it and it fit into my weekly syns ok as I have been a few under every day so far :)

I'm so glad I do ti weekly as well are daily cos it just helps me to manage when difficult meals like this one pop up. I try to have 5 syns every day at least but if I go over one day I don't stress I just cut back other days.

Will pop down what I had today in once i've had tea :)

Aww that's great! if you get stuck at subway have one of the salads i think they are alot less syns i think. And sorry about the pics that were attached. i'm not sure how i did that but deleted now :D

So I've been a little bit MIA the last few days. Ive had a manic few days and have not had a chance to get to my laptop.

Week 1 Day 5

Breakfast - Pepsi Max

Lunch - Subway wheat - Italian BMT with mayo - (24syns)

Tea - Spaghetti with homemade garlic meatballs made with extra lean mince and 35g of chorizo (2.5 syns) in a homemade tomato sauce. with 1 light babybel grated on top (1/3 HXA)
Daily Syns - 26.5
Weekly Syns -68.5/105

I forget to log Tuesday and Wednesday :/ I ended the week on 110/105 syns :eek:
but I did get weighed yesterday........ I am now 167.5lbs :) :happy036:

Thats -4.5lbs!!!!!!

Last edited:
Week 2 Day 1

Breakfast - Pepsi Max, Banana.

Lunch - 2 dry fried Eggs and 3 bacon medallions on 2 X Small Brown Toast (HXB)

Tea - Mini White Baguette (8 syns) with Ham, Lettuce, Tomato, Salad Creme (2Syns) and Lightest Mayo (0.5 Syns)

Snacks - 3 Seafood Sticks, 1 Smoked Mackerel, Cherry Tomatoes.

Syns - 10.5 Syns
Weekly Syns 10.5/105 Syns.

Also I officially passed my training for my new job :) :bliss:

Last edited:
Back