Back on track and loving life <3

georgiab88

Hi there!

I've read many a weight loss diary before and now I have decided to do my own. I blog it usually, but it's surely better to share it with people who are going through the same thing!?

So, to date, I have lost 3 stone 10 1/2lbs. Pretty decent. Summer has been a hard time and it has taken me ages to get weight off - a lot of yo-yo'ing following holidays and festivals, birthdays and graduation. Now that I have nothing planned until New Year, I am back on SW with a vengeance. Ideally, I want to get my 4 1/2 stone award by January 5th 2013, because then I will have been at Slimming World for a full year. And what a year it's been!

I've found the Slimming World plan so easy, and now I find myself feeling really guilty if I have a flexi-syn day, which is a good thing cos it means that I've changed my way of life and it's not just a diet. Since losing weight, I have had the ultimate realisation...I spent all my teens/uni years thinking that life was amazing, it couldn't be any better, and I was genuinely so happy, but since losing the weight, I have realised that, whilst undoubtedly happy, I am even happier now. I'm just gutted that it's taken me this long to get my arse in gear and get skinny! And the men....! I get 100% more attention from the hot guys now :p and no, for you cynics out there, I haven't done this to please a bloke, but it's and excellent upside! I graduated last week, and spent time with people I haven't seen in a year, and so many of them looked right at me and didn't recognise me (including my ex - get in!), which was an absolute ego boost.

So, now that my graduation is over, I am back to plan, back to the gym properly and stopping drinking again (no, I'm not an alcoholic, but I lose so much weight when I don't drink!). I already have my NYE skirt that I need to fit into - ultimate motivation.

It's hard work, and I still have another 2 1/2 stone to go (at least - upper end of my healthy weight), but I will NEVER go back to being the fat one in my group of friends!

Sorry about the essay!

G x

Well done on the fab weight loss so far! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So, not a great weekend as far as weightloss goes! Fish and chips on Friday, lots of white bread and a giant roast on Sunday. I've also drank far too much milk and to top it all off, I'm getting ill :(

At least I went to the gym on friday and saturday, makes me feel a bit better about all the ***** I've eaten. I thought I was back in the right headspace, so that I would get right back on track but apparently that isn't the case. I need to find my mojo again, I still have 2 1/2 stone to lose! I got a good 30 minute work out in on friday night, then a 50 minute on in on Saturday. I love the gym but these dark nights, rain and fog are putting me off travelling the 8 miles it takes to get there! And I'm in need of a gym buddy - competition is always good for weightloss!

I guess I can't really complain, I've lost a lot and look 100 times better. I've included a photo which says it all really. I just need a kick up the backside, maybe a diet bully, who follows me around and tells me I'm fat and that I shouldn't eat that or to work harder. I have made a huge batch of veg soup though, so looking forward to tucking into that with some wholemeal bread (HEB).

Anyway, ciao for now! xxx]
gb.jpg

Bonjourno!

Weigh in tonight :cry:I'm expecting to gain, which is not cool. I was at the doctors this morning, for an interim health check (I have PCOS) and I was weighed, and I have lost 27kg altogether (59.4lbs/4 stone 3) on their scales from my highest recorded weight, which gave me a little boost! I just need to get my head in the game and the weight should fall off again. I will have slimmer of the week again at some point!! Yesterday was a good-ish food day:

No breakkie (I know...most important meal of the day!)
Homemade veg soup (with carrot, potato, brussel sprouts, broccoli, turnip and cauli) with 2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf-HEB)
Coffee throughout the day with milk as HEA
More soup (chicken) for dinner - 10 syns
2 x wholemeal bread (400g loaf) - 6 syns

So slightly over my syn limit, but when I'm feeling ill, I don't care. I didnt even eat half the soup, so really it's only 5 ish syns, but I will still count the lot!

I've had a major FB untag sesh. I was sick of seeing the horrible photos of myself so I needed rid of them...plus I didn't want any prospective boyfriends to see them :p. I came across these beauties, that I thought I would share!!

234_43766575240_1328_n.jpg236_13721845747_8236_n.jpg236_15440791694_5839_n.jpg236_15630771694_9419_n.jpg2829_76008500747_5681703_n.jpg

If they aren't incentive to lose more weight/never EVER EVER go back, I don't know what is! I will add some nice new photos of me tomorrow.

Today I have more homemade veg soup, but I added some chilli powder to make it a bit different and flavoursome. Next week I WILL see a massive loss!

Laters xxx

Miss Slinky 2012 :)

Good morning all.

Not such a good evening on the scales last night - I gained 1/2lb, but it could have, and should have, been so so much worse! I was crowned my groups Miss Slinky though, which has given me a motivation boost, to think that all those people voted for me, and that they think I'm inspirational. I know I'm a lot about the pictures, but I'm providing my own thinspiration. Too see how much I have lost and how different I look is the kick up the arse I needed! So here are some comparisons...
rsz_1rsz_img_20121120_114304.jpg

Last nights dinner wasn't so good, but I only got back from weigh in at 8.45pm and the last thing I felt like doing was cooking so I just had a toastie :eek: It wasn't even very nice! Lunch today is either a Batchelors Deli Box (1 1/2 syn for the mild curry one) or some soup. The deli box is not nice, so I have brought some curry powder to put in to make it palatable. Dinner tonight is chicken and SW chips - can't wait!

Fully back on track today. Scouts Honour.

Laters xx

Hi hun, just read your diary - you started pretty much at the weight I am now, and can I just say you look wonderful!! Certainly given me a bit of the kick up the jacksie that I need to keep going. I'm 7.5lbs down in 4 weeks, have had a week or so of blips and just want to get sorted and get it off now. So, keep going - it's certainly suiting you well, and I hope that at some point, I will match your amazing losses :) xx

Hi hun, just read your diary - you started pretty much at the weight I am now, and can I just say you look wonderful!! Certainly given me a bit of the kick up the jacksie that I need to keep going. I'm 7.5lbs down in 4 weeks, have had a week or so of blips and just want to get sorted and get it off now. So, keep going - it's certainly suiting you well, and I hope that at some point, I will match your amazing losses :) xx

It's bloody hard work but undoubtedly worth it! Keep at it and you'll get there. I think that the odd blip is par for the course, as long as you don't let them stop you (as I see happen so often at my group!). Well done on losing 1/2 stone! xx

Challenge Time!

My consultant challenged my group this week... a few of us are starting the 30 Day Shred (Search it on Youtube...Brutal!) so I start today. Its basically 30 minutes of hard work for 30 days and you are meant to see great inch loss as well as the weight loss. So to mark the start, I will upload my vital stats when I get home. I will update them weekly so you can decide for yourself if it is worth doing. I will take photos too, hopefully there will be a decent difference before new year :).

Lunch today has been a good one - Carrot and Coriander soup with 2 x 400g slices wholemeal bread and a banana. HEA was 250ml SS milk. I literally cannot live without coffee. 4 syns for quavers and a can of pepsi max. This weather is making it difficult for me to be motivated to get to the gym, but it needs to be done. I did 60 minutes of cardio last night, aiming for that tonight too. I am going to ask for a new program cos I'm getting a bit bored of it now.

Anyway, that's all folks.

x

Challenge Time!

My consultant challenged my group this week... a few of us are starting the 30 Day Shred (Search it on Youtube...Brutal!) so I start today. Its basically 30 minutes of hard work for 30 days and you are meant to see great inch loss as well as the weight loss. So to mark the start, I will upload my vital stats when I get home. I will update them weekly so you can decide for yourself if it is worth doing. I will take photos too, hopefully there will be a decent difference before new year :).

Lunch today has been a good one - Carrot and Coriander soup with 2 x 400g slices wholemeal bread and a banana. HEA was 250ml SS milk. I literally cannot live without coffee. 4 syns for quavers and a can of pepsi max. This weather is making it difficult for me to be motivated to get to the gym, but it needs to be done. I did 60 minutes of cardio last night, aiming for that tonight too. I am going to ask for a new program cos I'm getting a bit bored of it now.

Anyway, that's all folks.

x

Well done Georgia you look great!

Let us know how you get on with your 30 day shred.

xx

Well, I didn't actually start the 30 Day Shred till yesterday cos YouTube just wouldn't work properly on the Wii so I had to wait for the DVD. I'm aching today, but its a good ache cos I know its doing me good! My starting measurements are:

Weight: 13 stone 12lbs
Waist: 36"
Bust: 41.5"
Hips: 43.5"
Arm: 12.25"
Thigh: 25.5"
Stomach: 44.5"
Calf: 16"

I have lost 11.75" since August, which makes me feel a lot better about not having lost loads. I knew the gym was working! I've recently spoken to some old work colleagues who are also doing SW and they have motivated me no end! They have lost 17 1/2 stone between them, and both look unreal. Defs my thinspiration for this week. I think I might do that...each week, choose a new thinspiration. Be it member, celeb, family, friend.

Weigh in tomorrow, I will be gutted if I dont lose. My only slip up this week was chinese, but I found the syn values on another forum thread and I don't think I went over too dramatically, so I should still see a loss. Here's hoping...4 weeks till Xmas and 5 till NYE and I want to look totes amazeballs for that!

Lunch today is homemade butternut squash, sweet potato and chilli soup with a weightwatchers petit pain (HEB). Looking forward to it!

Anyway, back to work I go...
xxx

STS last night. Not happy with that. I thought I had been really good, but then when I actually thought about it...not so much. Saturday was a bad day....bacon sarnie on white bread, half a cheese scone with butter, sausage, egg, beans, fries and toast for dinner. I can see why I didn't lose. I can't wait for the new packs, I think that might be the boost I need - to sit down and go through everything again, and get back to the days where I ate cereal for lunch, yoghurt's, salads, soups etc. Have had a manic week so have only managed to do the 30 day shred once. Not cool. At the gym tonight, hoping to negate all the horrendous food and drink I will have this weekend when my friends are up!

Anyway...this weeks Thinspo....
kim-kardashian-300.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like the Kardashians, but I think all of them are fantastic role models (aside from the blue movie!). I think Kim has a beaut figure, she is lovely and curvy and isnt afraid to tell the world when she puts weight on!

Ciao xxx

Should probably change the name of this thread to "Not at all on track and life seems to hate me".

Bad week this week, gained 1lb. My friends came up to visit, and that meant lots of mulled wine, vodka, shots and rose. And McDonalds. Had an assessment day on Monday for a potential new job, so stayed in a hotel and indulged in the hash browns at the brekkie, followed by a delish lunch put on by the company and then a Burger King on the way home. I knew I would gain, and am not so bothered by that. I know I need to get back to it properly, and I am hoping the new pack will help when it comes out in a few weeks. I think the assessment day went really well, but in true Brown style, things cannot go simply. I was revelling in the thought that I can soon hopefully leave my dead end job to pursue the career I have spent 4 years and £30,000 on studying for, only to call my father and have him tell me my step mum has cancer. I don't imagine this christmas is going to be a merry one. Hopefully they have caught it early enough that she will be fine. Just sods law in my fam- we have not had the best 6 years.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and hoping for the best. Sorry to depress everyone, but if I can't write about it on here, where can I?!

This weeks thinspo-

Blake+Lively+Marios+Schwab+Monique+Lhuillier+CRS+1.jpg
Blake Lively....she is pretty, thin, talented and married to one of the hottest guys ever (Ryan Reynolds!). Jealous? Me?

xxxx

Horrible day yesterday, I ate far too much. I had ice cream and chocolate and crisps and belly pork. it was all delish, but now I feel awful and guilty. I'm waiting to hear about this job and it means that I am stressed and not sleeping properly, so then I eat. AHHHHH I need help!

xx

So, I finally dared to step on my scales this morning...apparently gained 5lb!! Thats over about 3 weeks of excess. I am disgusted at myself- it's not even Christmas yet! I am back on the band wagon today, no more chocolate/crisps/bread/take aways. Its been a horrid few weeks with everything going on/going wrong and thats what I am blaming. I will get back on track, I won't over indulge over Christmas and New Year, I NEED to be slimmer to start my new job in February.

Ok, rant over.

xx

Back