Back to a slimmer me again - Please join me :)

River

Ready for the new me!
Hey all, Im Lucy and Ive just started Slim and Save. I previously lost 9 stone on Lighter Life, i didnt know about Slim and Save two years ago and i wish i did as the packs are so much nicer and the fortune i spent! However i was totally abstinent the whole 2 years until Route to management.

So to keep a long story short i kept it off for 2 years and i maintained (yes this is possible!) then i had my wedding and honeymoon and gained half a stone and lost it and gained it but hey not so much of a worry but then came Christmas and the inevitable, i had a miscarriage it shook me up and ive been depressed ever since but it created bad habits and so that half turned into a stone and a half and here we are.

I found out about Slim and Save as my husband wanted to loose weight (hes now lost 6 stone). So i know it works, hell ive even lost half a stone but i just can stick to it. I try so hard with the best intentions but as i suffer from an under-active thyroid loosing is always going to be slow and i get frustrated and have my depressed days so i comfort eat making me more depressed.

So here i am and i guess the most important part of this all is i have realised and im aware that ive gained (not ignored it like last time) but im scared sh*t of going back to the old Lucy. I have a diary on the LL sub forum and i found this really helpful so i start AGAIN today. Its not as big as a loss as 9 stone but its 20lbs (20lbs too much) were aiming for (27lbs at the most) its past my original LL goal but its where i felt comfortable when i did finish. Wish me luck
frown.png
x

Last edited:
Hi, Lucy. I lost 6 stone on LL and maintained for almost 18 months but then a small gain got bigger and here I am with over 2 stone to lose. Well done on nipping it in the bud. And my sympathies on your miscarriage. I have had two and know how sad and upsetting it is. ((hugs)) xx

Hi, Lucy. I lost 6 stone on LL and maintained for almost 18 months but then a small gain got bigger and here I am with over 2 stone to lose. Well done on nipping it in the bud. And my sympathies on your miscarriage. I have had two and know how sad and upsetting it is. ((hugs)) xx

Hey Spangly! Your name sounds so familiar, we might of started the same time. Yep same here, i pigged out on my wedding and Venice my honeymoon was a nightmare as it was all carbs but then my miscarriage really threw me (i was told i wasnt able to have children) so ill admit it started from there, not even bad foods. Thank you, that means a lot to me :) xxx

So today went well! I feel a bit icky so im not going to try exercise and push my luck as much as i want to. I have a bad habit of fainting and black outs on these diets so i thought id give it a few days until im in ketosis.

I started with the classic chocolate shake, spaghetti for lunch, and ive discovered slim pasta/noddles with zero carbs and 7 calories so i made a chicken, pepper, onion and tomato pasta and ive finished with a hazel shake.

Feeling terribly shaky so i have back up low calorie and carb jelly i might have but im trying to avoid eating after 10pm as thats my worse habit, grr!!!

Hi, Lucy. How are you doing? I have a feeling we may have "met" on here before, too. Try to be kind to yourself until you get into ketosis. I tend to go to bed mega-early at the moment, partly to avoid temptation!

Hey River, just dropping by to say hello and you are not alone! First few days are always the hardest as you will know from LL.

I've gained 5-6's recently and have been struggling to get rid of the last 10lbs or so. My initial aim is simply to shift the recent gain and then aim to complete my journey. I'm on my second day again of S&S and aiming for one day at a time hopefully to get to a week. Ideally I'd like to complete 4 weeks on S&S as I'm at wedding on 27 July. Happy to cheer you along! You can do it!

Hi, Lucy. How are you doing? I have a feeling we may have "met" on here before, too. Try to be kind to yourself until you get into ketosis. I tend to go to bed mega-early at the moment, partly to avoid temptation!

I am trying, last night i had a lack of update purely because im getting terrible headaches :(. Hope your doing well though yourself :). x

Hey River, just dropping by to say hello and you are not alone! First few days are always the hardest as you will know from LL.

I've gained 5-6's recently and have been struggling to get rid of the last 10lbs or so. My initial aim is simply to shift the recent gain and then aim to complete my journey. I'm on my second day again of S&S and aiming for one day at a time hopefully to get to a week. Ideally I'd like to complete 4 weeks on S&S as I'm at wedding on 27 July. Happy to cheer you along! You can do it!

Hello Kira, Were in the same boat then :). Baby steps is good, im taking it one day at a time so to speak, not sure how long i aim to be on S&S my losses are alot bigger since i started medication for my thyroid but im still quite hard on myself. Good luck honey, im sure well make it! x

Not much of a massive update and im sorry about yesterday and my lack of posting. I've been suffering from terrible migraines since starting but im hoping they are ketosis related!! Yesterday went well and i treated myself to new packs, i have to say i love the cookies and cream so much but the latte is my new favourite.

Struggled a bit today, ive got the shakes and migraine still so bath and an early night!

Todays food diary! (this sort of helps me keep track)
Cafe latte for breaky,
Maple fruits and almond bar for lunch (not too keen on that one) and a jelly
Slim noodles (again this Slim stuff is brilliant, i had half a pack as i was stuffed!) and turkey breast and chopped peppers and onions.
Cookies and cream to finish

Im hoping to cut out my jelly tomorrow but with my shaking i look like ive got parkinsons and they seem to give me boost. On a bonus im making it an aim to go for an evening stroll every night as its so lovely.

Hope every ones doing well. :)

Morning River. I am sure the migraines are likely to be related to the diet plan and they will pass. Make sure you take something for them and drink enough water. I see you have 1st 4lbs to goal. Focusing on the small goals you have set in your signature is a great idea as it makes it less overwhelming the amount you have to lose. This last stone is really the hardest bit and that is what I have struggled with for months.

Like you said we can do it! I'm now on day 4 after many failed attempts to regain control over mid May losing control during most of June. I am literally taking the days hours at a time but hopefully ketosis has kicked in or will kick today.

Morning River. I am sure the migraines are likely to be related to the diet plan and they will pass. Make sure you take something for them and drink enough water. I see you have 1st 4lbs to goal. Focusing on the small goals you have set in your signature is a great idea as it makes it less overwhelming the amount you have to lose. This last stone is really the hardest bit and that is what I have struggled with for months.

Like you said we can do it! I'm now on day 4 after many failed attempts to regain control over mid May losing control during most of June. I am literally taking the days hours at a time but hopefully ketosis has kicked in or will kick today.

For some reason when i was on LL my last stone flew off and i went waay below what i wanted to be and i had to eat to gain as i was looking and feeling tired but knowing my luck itll take almost forever to loose this stone! Ive not gained since Christmas just sustained so im hoping if i can just get rid ill be ok (until the next crisis :sigh:).

Today went super well! No jelly (yay) although i think i fudged up as ive been eating tomatoes and onions and from what i can see although they are allowed on Atkins diets but they are not on S&S :sigh: but saying that im still getting awful headaches and i think ive hit ketosis as i have the dreaded breath (not sure if thats something to be happy about!).

Im off to bed as this is the worse time for me until im sure im in ketosis. Night everyone and stick to it!

Hey! River. Going to bed early does and the headaches will pass. Just take 3-4 pounds at a time forget losing the whole stone and don't compare how quickly the losses for the last stone were on LL against S&S. Even if you were using LL products now the rate of losses when one re-starts a vlcd can vary so much.

The important thing is that you are closer to completing a full week (is that right?) And if you are now fully in ketosis this is when the fat burning really kicks in. Just take a few hours at a time and get through the day. I am on day 5 today so very close to completing a full week. Spangly is almost close to her second week so we are not far behind.

Don't lose sight of getting rid of each pound not just the whole stone. You are doing fab and don't undo all the effort and determination you have put in to get to today. x

Great post, kira! It really helps to take this in tiny steps at the start. Don't underestimate how challenging the first few days can be, and make it as easy for yourself to succeed as you can, Lucy. Going to bed mega-early is always my solution of choice if I start to waver! Not long to go until you can say you've done a whole week!

Hello, Soo sorry again! Life is so stressful at the moment, my husband has been made redundant so sticking at this is super difficult when all i want to do is scoff on chocolate and wine but i have done my whole week and im super chuffed as ive some how managed to hit my second goal which im even more happier about!

Headaches are gone but im a little drained as its "that time" although i was actually 2 weeks late and its lasted 4 a days and was very heavy? Which is a bit worrying as i do have poly cystic ovaries and id thought after LL id finally got it back to normal cycles, grr! but its nothing too serious just had a few embarrassing faints :eek:.

Thank you so much to you both, you have no idea how much your posts mean to me when your feeling so low, its just given me that bit of a push so thank you both and yay for your first week Kira and your second Spangly :).

Must add as a thought as my husband mentioned how proud he was, this time im actually tuned into it unlike before i was using any excuse to break it but im actually feeling bad when i had a jelly or even my meal! (the days ive fainted). So i guess somethings finally clicked in my brain to get me back on track.

Wishing you both luck and determination for this week girls :) xx

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's redundancy River. The economic climate just doesn't seem to be getting any better it seems.

Well done on your first full week! It's great you have your husband's support, it makes such a difference. It will pay off. Alas I reached day 5 and in the evening I went off track for what seem likes no reason and I haven't managed to get back on track until today. So my hard work undone but I'm picking myself up to tackle this last stone!

Hi River

Well done on your restart :). Sorry things are tough for you but you are doing great x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's redundancy River. The economic climate just doesn't seem to be getting any better it seems.

Well done on your first full week! It's great you have your husband's support, it makes such a difference. It will pay off. Alas I reached day 5 and in the evening I went off track for what seem likes no reason and I haven't managed to get back on track until today. So my hard work undone but I'm picking myself up to tackle this last stone!

Ah thank you :) its days like today where i felt myself flaking out but i pushed through it, i will not let them destroy this for me but equally im quite sad as they were considered friends to us.

It may seem like a big thing now but the most important thing is your back here and as strong and determent as ever so dont let it get to you. You've accomplished so much and im sure you'll be back on track in no time so keep positive Kira :) x

Hi River

Well done on your restart :). Sorry things are tough for you but you are doing great x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, Whosthatgirl and thank you :)! It was about time i stopped making excuses and got it done lol x

Morning River. I am back today focused and committed to losing this last stone. I am fed up of being fed up and letting the stresses of life get in the way. Life is always going to throw up some sh** at us now and again and you know what I am going to simply deal with each bit of sh*** the best I can but NOT but stuffing my face! So day 1 here I come for the final time!

Morning River. I am back today focused and committed to losing this last stone. I am fed up of being fed up and letting the stresses of life get in the way. Life is always going to throw up some sh** at us now and again and you know what I am going to simply deal with each bit of sh*** the best I can but NOT but stuffing my face! So day 1 here I come for the final time!

And boy does it throw sh*t! I have to say im in the worst of moods today lol, to be fair my partner is making an effort by taking me out for surprise activities and shopping but i am Mrs.Grouch (least he sees the funny side i guess). Go you lady!! Lots of early nights and pamper yourself. Just remember its just food, it doesnt rule you and you'll kick its ass :) xx

Yesterday was a baaad day, gosh i was moody but i struggled through it and i took some sleeping pills and had an early night.
Today though im feeling so much more positive and i treated myself to some new packs as the ones id picked before wernt so great.

Cookies and cream? not sure if they changed it but it just doesnt taste like it did when my OH was on the diet, i had my second one thinking the first one i might of watered down too much but nope not for me. So more cafe latte on the way! Also im crossing fingers the chocolate and coconut are coming as the last two times they've sent me replacements grr :mad:!

Ordered some new clothes too in a smaller size to help spur me on as this worked great last time but keeping strong and busy :).

I hope every ones going strong and taking the days as they come. xxx

You're doing great River! The smaller clothes are always a great incentive and they will keep you motivated. Hope today is less of a struggle. Keep busy and have another early night. Bed is always the safest place for me!

Back