Back with new meds

Loser85

Gold Member
Evening all,

some of you may recognise me, some may not. Im a SF regular who jumps in and out.

I had to stop SF due to my being diagnosed as having IBS and SF was triggering it off big style.

However i am now using buscopan to help with the cramps and using anti d tabs too. The nurse said i should be ok to use SF again as my system has finally (thankfully) settled down. The only thing she said is that she isnt overly keen on SF due to the sugar content. Is she right? Said it was upto me though and a better diet would only help me further. Will be taking it day by day and see how i go.

Fingers crossed this is the last time...... :sigh:

Yeah I keep hearing its very high in sugar, if it works for you then I'd go with it, after all there's a 'downside' to every diet but it doesn't stop people from losing weight. I'm doing sf currently. Good luck with your journey x

Hello there Loser85 - I remember you :D

Yep, SF is relatively high in sugar (hence the high carb macro value). Sadly, you can't get the low-carb version they do in the States here.... perhaps if enough folks whinge they might consider it - bet it will be more expensive though!

The higher sugar doesn't really worry me as it is about the only sweet thing I have and I am well under my target macros for sugar every day..... I think it going to be one of those try and see jobbies for you.

Hope the IBS has settled nicely now and stays that way :)

Personally I think that if your meal and snacks are low sugar then it shud even out?
It will probably be a case of seeing what suits you best, good luck x

Back