Bad breath! Eurgh!

Sweetie_Jo

I Have such bad breath at the moment which I can only guess is from my body now being in ketosis?
I have a taste abit like nail varnish remover in my mouth.

I'm finding the bad breath thing really hard! I hate bad breath and do everything to avoid it!

I don't even go near my boyfriend if he has it!

I asked the ppl at slim and save if i could have chewing gum and they said its ok in moderation.

Anyone got any advice at how to keep bad breath at bay?

Thank you :)

One thing you could do is up your water intake. The ketones have to leave one way or the other and I would rather have to keep popping to the loo than have everyone recoiling from my breath! Also, some people use retardex breath spray as it it fine for ketosis - haven't tried it myself.

I drink lots through the day and I wondered why my breath wasn't as bad as it was at the very start.... Must be the fact I'm wee'ing like 100 times a day! Also means I have to climb the stairs and down every time I need..enforced excercise!

I'm finding it hard to even drink 2 litres of water a day at the moment. It fills me up really quickly.

I will try to up my water intake though.

weasey said:
One thing you could do is up your water intake. The ketones have to leave one way or the other and I would rather have to keep popping to the loo than have everyone recoiling from my breath! Also, some people use retardex breath spray as it it fine for ketosis - haven't tried it myself.

Great advice!! Thanks! :D

I always have mints and chewing gum with me at ALL times. I have bad breath without it, and I HATE people that have bad breath. Also try carrying a mini mouth wash with you, I do that sometimes. Drinking lots of water doesn't help me with this problem though.

Good luck!

Yep, as Weasy advises. Water intake really helps although it doesn't 100% go away. I may purchase retardex and if I do, I will post a review and let you all know.

I also like Vivian's suggestion about carrying a mini mouthwash. I'll pop to the shops and get a mini leak proof bottle this evening.

Sugar free breath spray which is easy to carry round as it small.

I have several sugar-free sprays! I also have gum sometimes but not too often as I've seen warnings that the chewing action can mean you make stomach acid, and on the small amount of cals we are it could increase risk of stomach ulcers. I have maybe a stick every couple of days.

I also use mint, sugar-free. Have yet to find a low-carb mint, most are 97-99% carbs! So I get the smallest I can and restrict it to 3 or 4 a day. I get Smint as they are tiny and Extra Ice in a tin, bit bigger and last me the school run! I hate to get to the playground and kill all the mums!

can you have sugar free polos on SS?
There are also fresh breath strips. StripsRus.co.uk have 3 packets of Listerine ones for £4.99 delivered. They are refreshing.

I haven't tried the strips yet, will have to give them a go. I don't think any mints are officially allowed, the site says you can have sugar free gum. I just make sure they are small! Actually I may get sugar free polos, they last for ages!

There are also fresh breath strips. StripsRus.co.uk have 3 packets of Listerine ones for £4.99 delivered. They are refreshing.

Thank you for this, since they stop stocking them in the shops the only place I found to get them was Amazon for huge amounts of money. I've now ordered some from stripsrus :D .

Back