Bad Day!!!!

Niamh

Hi all,
Quick question for all those on LT long-term.
I am on week 7 now and I am really hungry since last night. I couldnt sleep last night I was REALLY wanting to eat. I didnt though. I still feel hungry today (not as bad).
Is this just a little blip and will be gone by tomorrow or next day? Have I maybe come out of ketosis somehow???? (Dont have sticks)
Has anyone else had this? I have been feeling soooooo great up to this.
Thanks all!!!!!

Niamh xxx

Hi Niamh. Now I'm no expert but if you've been 100% LT then you shouldn't drop out of ketosis.

However the needing to eat sounds like you are normal. It's annoying when it interrupts your beauty sleep though. And after all your losses you are still beautiful.

If you can't sleep, get up, have some water, post on here, slink back to bed and have a sweet dream of getting to goal.

Niamh, you should still be in ketosis. I think your just having one of those moments, when you fancy something tasty!! So try not to think too much about it, read a book or something, go for a walk even. Tomorrow will be a better day :) xxx

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. Its not just longing for something (have that on/off) and doesnt bother me as I know it will pass. This was actual hunger. Had hunger pains and tummy was growling at me.
Was terrified that I had somehow put something in my mouth that i didnt realise. I really dont think I did though.
I was wondering if every few weeks you get hungry as in comes in cycles or if it was just one of those things....? I have spent a weekend surrounded by food and drink and I can honestly say it really didnt bother me not to eat. Then Monday night out of the blue WHAM am starving???? Its just strange.
Niamh xxx

The chemist said that you will have cravings for food from time to time but it will pass...You said you had pains in your stomach? you don't have a tummy bug? my 12 yr old had it since thursday last and has only gone to school this morning. Growling in his stomach but he wasn't vomiting or anything but you could her his tummy growling..Just a thought. Good Luck keep going Niamh your doing great.

What about trying so of the recipes fro solid food made from yout LT packs? I tryed the crisps yesterday and they made me feel like id actually eaten something.
Just a thought
Clair x

Hey thanks for your replys. Think I am just going through a bad time. Pains might be a touch of a tummy bug alright. I was feeling a little sick last night but just put it down to hunger. Maybe I have a bug or something cause I really feel off form. Thanks for that skinney!
Clair. Thanks for your suggestion but I just have my shakes and soups as recommended by LT. Its not that I am such a goody-2-shoes that I wouldnt try it but I would be afraid if I had those crisps or muffins I would break out real crisps and then start on the chocolate bars. LOL!!!!! But I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I hope I dont sound ungrateful!

Niamh xxx

I see what you mean, maybe its coz im only on my second week that i can do it and im not bothered about "real" :) crisps and stuff.
No worries, hope your feeling better soon.
Clair x

I personally think its ok to eat something if you are feeling like that .. maybe a boiled egg or some chicken/fish/nuts ..( but no carbs ).. weight trainers do this all the time to "cut up" and they do alright, so it shouldn't spoil your weight loss, in fact ignoring your hunger means you metabolism will just drop and thats what you dont want. Just dont be tempted to eat anything with carbs in. Either that or have an extra shake .. to keep yourself ticking over properly..

Lucy honey, with all due respect I am doing a TFR diet. Total Food Replacement!!! It is not a good idea to advise someone to eat on this diet. That is not what TFR is about. I know you were trying to be helpful and I appreciate you trying to advise me. If that what works for you then fantastic. I wish you all the best with your diet but please dont advise someone to eat while on TFR.

Niamh xxx

Hiya ....you are doing really well....and good for you for not giving in.....(pat on the back) ....You have lost loads in 6 weeks .....keep up the fab work. xx

Hey Sonya, Thanks. I am a right narky b1tch though. Really feel like am coming down with something. Think an early night and a soak in the tub is called for!!!!
Niamh xxx

I have felt pretty good today ...but been a right cow to those lovely peepz living with me lol.....

I know I am exactly the same.... my poor suffering hubby. I attack then feel guilty then think f**k that he can eat and attack again. I did warn him at the start to make allowances and he is happy to see me shrinking and becoming more confident that he is putting up with me! lol!!!! Dont know how you cope with a 2 year old though lol

ps she is beautiful though!!!!!!!!!

Lucy honey, with all due respect I am doing a TFR diet. Total Food Replacement!!! It is not a good idea to advise someone to eat on this diet. That is not what TFR is about. I know you were trying to be helpful and I appreciate you trying to advise me. If that what works for you then fantastic. I wish you all the best with your diet but please dont advise someone to eat while on TFR.

Niamh xxx

Thats fine then .. but I wouldn't make myself ill personally, and the advice i gave you was given to me by my personal trainer who is qualified to say so, to help me lose, and it works alongside LPT i can promise you that. Anything is better than breaking your diet and going back on to whatever it is you where eating that put you the weight on in the first place. Im merely suggesting a half way to stop you feeling poorly and so tired that wont break the diet as your body maybe craving protein.

Good luck xxx

Its not too bad with my 2 yr old......I love smelling everything that they eat....but have had to stop myself from finishing off what she does not eat .....lol, otherwise im fine..xxx

Hey Niamh. I am just starting week 8 and I have been feeling hungry and rumbly for the past 4 days. I guess my body is trying to trick me into eating something. It does seem to go in a bit of a cycle. I, like you, am totally 100% and it does irk me when people advise you to eat as well as adding pepper and chilli to soups etc... as what may work for one could ruin it for another. I try and keep myself busy when I'm having hungry moments now and my favourite trick of all is to try on some skinny clothes, and give myself a laugh by trying on my baggy things that look gimormous now! Love it! Don't worry too much about being cranky either, we all have our moments pet. Keep up the good work, and keep 100% - you know you can't go wrong then! xXx

Niamh, well done on your losses to date. You are doing really well. Also very well done on resisting the hunger pangs. No matter how long you are on TFR you will from time to time really feel like eating. I called it "hitting the wall". I personally found that keeping water at hand at all times and sipping and sipping and sipping helped ward off any temptation. I agree that whilst on TFR it is best to try and stay 100% as once you start snacking on protein or otherwise it is easy to break altogether. Only the very strong willed can manage to mix and match, imo.
Keep up the good work, it is so worth it in the end.

Arntyjax, thank you thank you thank you. You wouldnt believe how much you have helped me. It does feel a bit different from just having a longing to eat something. I just feel hungry. Not craving food but hungry.

Molly, thank you too. Hitting a wall??? Feels like I have went full force into the wall without a helmet!!! lol. I totally agree with you about being v strong to be able to mix and match. I wouldnt be able to stop at a piece of chicken or something. The main reason for me doing TFR is to break the cycle of binge eating and eating for comfort etc.

Lucy I didnt mean to attack you or anything but I am trying my best to stick 100%. If I had asked advise on eating or something then your advise would have been fantastic but I was asking about others having a hard time on TFR. I honestly know you were trying to helpful. No hard feelings???? ;)

Niamh xxx

, well done on your losses to date. You are doing really well. Also very well done on resisting the hunger pangs. No matter how long you are on TFR you will from time to time really feel like eating. I called it "hitting the wall". I personally found that keeping water at hand at all times and sipping and sipping and sipping helped ward off any temptation. I agree that whilst on TFR it is best to try and stay 100% as once you start snacking on protein or otherwise it is easy to break altogether. Only the very strong willed can manage to mix and match, imo.
Keep up the good work, it is so worth it in the end.

Your totally right molly you have to be strong willed to mix and match, although the outcome should be the same if you have the will power for no carb, one of the reasons I did LPT was coz id been on a high protein low fat no carb for a while and thats not an easy thing to stick to long term, plus eating up to 5 times a day when your working and on the road was hard to fit in, the shakes where a good way for me to keep things together and shock my body into something different, and I didnt feel id be getting all needed from whey powder alone.

One of the reasons for the "brick wall" could be youve lost quite a lot of weight and therefore more active, without realising it, so its possible your burning more calories than when you started out.. sometimes your body needs a shock or something different to get it going again. LPT is meant I think for the more sedentary dieters.

luv kyla x:)

Back