Bad Day

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by GagaOoLala, 5 July 2011 Social URL.

1. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I am having a really bad day so just thought id have a rant!

It's been a year and 4 days since I became unemployed. Im that time I have put on 4st9lbs and just lost 12lbs. I'm having no luck with references, no interviews and im tearing my hair out with boredom. I've lost loads of friends because i never have any money to do anything with as i am spending my jobseekers on cd products and driving lessons to try and get a car. I have my test in 3weeks and im not ready, my instructor is a dick and i havent even been on any practice runs yet. My mum's getting me a car and i have 2 pay her back bt I can't find anything in the area i live in and im so fed up!!

Don't even get me started on the people at the jobcentre, I signed on today and they looked down there noses at me even tho I showed them the 45 applications I did last week meanwhile some little chav that was sat next to me just shrugged his shoulders when asked what he had applied for and said none. :mad:

And now to top it off i have to go to a bbq. I want to eat eat eat right now and drink but I can't im stuck with these tetras.

Sorry for the rant but i feel like im gonna explode. Oh yeah and I have headache :( x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lil_legs

lil_legs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Aw hun :( *hugs*

I really don't know what to suggest on the job from but well done for sticking to plan - rant all you want if it stops you cheating and you don't want to waste that money! You are doing so well losing 12 keep going.

Chin up x

4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Oh sweetie that sounds like a rubbish pile of poo with more poo on top. I lost my job twice after LL and CD and piled on similar amounts of weight. Its so so stressful. I'm a West Country girl myself and I know how ridiculous life is out there without a car - people who live in big cities or areas with good public transport don't know they're born sometimes ;)

I went through hell with the jobcentre - they made me go on one of those courses after the bare minimum of time on JSA - like about 4 weeks and I said 'But I have an interview that morning' and they said 'tough - attend or no JSA' It gave me the greatest of pleasure to turn up in my posh suit and heels (the only person in the room who looke dready for work) and to take a call as I registered telling me I'd got my current job. They still made me stay for the bloody course!!

Sorry - I'm wittering - I really feel for you and I hope things look up soon. Stay strong - if you take control of the weight other things will begin to fall into place...

5. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)

I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY!!

I can't believe it! I need to pray I get the job because I really need it!! :) xx

Rayven likes this.
  6. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Good Luck!!!!

Remember to brush your teeth cause you dont want your bad breath to come rhrough! :p

7. Saxman

Saxman Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    CD
    good luck with the job interview :D

8. Dizzyredpassion

Dizzyredpassion Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I completely understand how demoralising it is. Hope you do well at interview but if you don't, what about getting on a course at college/university? It's what I did and I now have 2 degrees. While unemployed you can get some courses paid for and be meeting people and networking for that future job!

9. lil_legs

lil_legs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on x

10. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I've done 3 courses at college now, no point in uni because I have loads of friends that have got themselves in thousends of pounds worth of debt for no reason - they r struggling to get jobs just as bad as me :( What sort of courses where you on about when you said you could get paid for doing them? xx

11. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    If you want to get a degree, you'd probably qualify for a free one with the Open University. If your P60 says that you earned less than £15500 (I think) you can choose any degree you like for free!! It's definitely worth a look.

Here's the link to check if you're eligible: Financial Support - Eligibility

12. Tall fat and greedy

Tall fat and greedy Silver Member

I hope the interview was ok, let us know how you got on..

13. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thanks hun! I never got the job. I wasnt skinny enough! Apparently they are looking for the face of the business! I knew what he was hinting but the guy was very sleezy xx

14. Tall fat and greedy

If he was sleazy you are best out of it! But hopefully getting an interview gave you a boost, and if you were nervous it will be good experience for the next time, and there will be a next time.

Keep your chin up.

15. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    not really it was pretty unprefessional it was like queing for your shopping I was stood waiting with 2 other girls and he didnt even remember we were there, didnt ask our names or anything. I applied for two more jobs today tho that I could possible get just thru knowing someone which seems to be the way forward these days, its not right but its how it worked. Thank you for asking hunn x

16. Tall fat and greedy

You have to wonder if he was using it as a way to meet women if he was sleazy! Hey if it means you get a job use any contacts you have got!

17. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    It wouldn't suprise me.. It was ment to be a office surrounding but there was one phone and a notepad. No computer, fax machine, filing cabenetes. We had to sit on camp chairs. Was rather weird. xx

18. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thank you so much for this advice! I might be doing a course now! So excited! Thank you again xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.