bah humbug to Christmas!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Well today I finally managed to get back to my pre Christmas weight! I am over the moon but am seriously wishing now that I hadn't been such a pudding and eaten as though it had gone out of fashion!

Why is it so quick to go on and so slow to lose? Is anyone else still trying to undo any seasonal damage? x

I done the same thing, but for my wedding in May I lost the weight I wanted to then after because I went on honeymoon then another holiday with my two boys then had lots of BBQs then it was christmas so I kept saying to myself I would start the diet again another time.

I managed to put on the stone and half I lost and more so I started it again in January and feel alot more positive and using alot more of my syns this time so I dont feel as deprived and I am hoping I keep the weight off this time as doing it more slowly this time.

Fingers crossed for you as well, you are doing great anyway and hopefully we will remember how we felt the last time we put weight on and WONT do it again :D

I done the same thing, but for my wedding in May I lost the weight I wanted to then after because I went on honeymoon then another holiday with my two boys then had lots of BBQs then it was christmas so I kept saying to myself I would start the diet again another time.

I managed to put on the stone and half I lost and more so I started it again in January and feel alot more positive and using alot more of my syns this time so I dont feel as deprived and I am hoping I keep the weight off this time as doing it more slowly this time.

Fingers crossed for you as well, you are doing great anyway and hopefully we will remember how we felt the last time we put weight on and WONT do it again :D

Fingers crossed for you too xx

Well today I finally managed to get back to my pre Christmas weight! I am over the moon but am seriously wishing now that I hadn't been such a pudding and eaten as though it had gone out of fashion!

Why is it so quick to go on and so slow to lose? Is anyone else still trying to undo any seasonal damage? x
Well Done! Took me a while to get rid of mine too and I also wished that I hadnt eaten so much and hopefully have learnt from that now and won't do it again! I thought I would be able to soon get it off as I knew the plan and stuff but it was so bloody stubborn!
Well Done to us both though as we did it in the end yay!

Well Done! Took me a while to get rid of mine too and I also wished that I hadnt eaten so much and hopefully have learnt from that now and won't do it again! I thought I would be able to soon get it off as I knew the plan and stuff but it was so bloody stubborn!
Well Done to us both though as we did it in the end yay!

Its amazing isnt it what an impact just a few days can make? I was like a pig at a trough mind you, and I reckon I ate more choccy last Christmas than I had done in 2 years! And when all my new clothes were getting a bit tight was not too good either lol.

Onwards and downwards! x

I'm still trying to get rid of what I put on at Christmas 2008 lol.

Seriously I lost 5 stone in 2008, decided I'd forget Slimming World for Christmas and never managed to get back into the swing of it afterwards. By the following Christmas I'd put it all back on :(

I've made a couple of half hearted attempts to lose it since then but am finally back on track and more determined than I have ever been. I won't be letting go like that again because for me it's just a slippery slope back into bad habits. Slimming World is my healthy eating plan for life now and appart from the occasional treat I am sticking to it :)

Seriously I lost 5 stone in 2008, decided I'd forget Slimming World for Christmas and never managed to get back into the swing of it afterwards. By the following Christmas I'd put it all back on :(

I've made a couple of half hearted attempts to lose it since then but am finally back on track and more determined than I have ever been. I won't be letting go like that again because for me it's just a slippery slope back into bad habits. Slimming World is my healthy eating plan for life now and appart from the occasional treat I am sticking to it :)
That is a warning for me I think as still havent settled back into things and to think it could all go back on is very scary! Well Done for getting back to a place where you are focussed xxx

That is a warning for me I think as still havent settled back into things and to think it could all go back on is very scary! Well Done for getting back to a place where you are focussed xxx

Thanks.

I yo-yoed for about a month after that Christmas and then decided to take a break and that was it. Even if you are struggling don't give up - you can pull it back.

Good luck! xxxxx

I still haven't shifted the weight from xmas it just doesn't seem to be budge only slowly but getting there I changed my menu over the last couple of weeks and most of my meals now contain mainly vege with a little carb or a little protein and so far so good, i think its all about just changing little bits at a time x

Oh I'm so relived it isn't just me
I put 7lbs on at Xmas and hopefully on Wednesday will have got the last 2lbs off!
I love Xmas but I will not be doing that again !

I still haven't shifted the weight from xmas it just doesn't seem to be budge only slowly but getting there I changed my menu over the last couple of weeks and most of my meals now contain mainly vege with a little carb or a little protein and so far so good, i think its all about just changing little bits at a time x

I quite agree babe. I love EE but threw 3 weeks of original into the mix and got a bit of a boost. Went back to EE last week though and managed another pound and a half this week.
I think its good to swap stuff round - our bodies get too used to things even if they are healthy x

It's really hard. I have lost count of the Christmas's i've gained at least a stone!

I'd lost 4 st by this Christmas and made a pact to myself. I said to myself that I would allow myself to put on whatever I lost during the month of Dec to the last weigh in before Christmas. My logic was that it therefore couldnt take longer than January to take it off again.

I'd lost 6lbs during the Dec weigh in's and allowed myself 4 days of huge indulgence from Christmas Eve til the 4th Jan and followed the plan in between. I put on 2 lbs in those 2 weeks and took it off the first week back.

That really worked for me.

Last edited:
It's really hard. I have lost count of the Christmas's i've gained at least a stone!

I'd lost 4 st by this Christmas and made a pact to myself. I said to myself that I would allow myself to put on whatever I lost up to the last weigh in before Christmas. My logic was that it therefore couldnt take longer than January to take it off again.

I'd lost 6lbs during the Dec weigh in's and allowed myself 4 days of huge indulgence from Christmas Eve til the 4th Jan and followed the plan in between. I put on 2 lbs in those 2 weeks and took it off the first week back.

What a fantastic idea! Am definitely gonna remember this for this Christmas xxx

I'd lost 4 st by this Christmas and made a pact to myself. I said to myself that I would allow myself to put on whatever I lost up to the last weigh in before Christmas. My logic was that it therefore couldnt take longer than January to take it off again.

I'm gonna remember this too whats christmas without indulgence :D

Yes, I have done the same, went mad - even January I couldn't get my head into gear.

Looking back at my diary I was 10.6 on 12 December, I am now 10.13 so still struggling to get back.

Glad you have now got back to your pre Xmas weight

I WILL LEARN!!!

I was the proverbial Christmas pudding! I had forgotten how much I loved chocolate and once the lid of the Roses tin came off there was no stopping me! The funny thing is though - I dont think I can remember the last time I ate choccy - I think it was possible mid January - so I CAN live without it lol, x

Back