Bailey's blasting off - Gotta start again :)

Bailey

So day 1 done. Hopefully will be doing full blown TS by the end of the weekend, but for now I'm easing into ketosis doing my own version of WS. I'm veggie and have been since I was born, so meat or fish isn't an option for me.

Yesterday was day 1, I had 2 cups of coffee, 3 shakes, a cup of tea, about 1.5 litres of water, 2 coke zeroes, half a packet of Quorn roast chicken pieces, 2 eggs and 1 slice of cheese, that is approximately 1000 kcals and just over 60g of carbs.

Weighed in yesterday (naked and first thing in the morning) at 16st 12lbs, today I was 16st 10lbs so I'm on the way down.

Just sitting at work with my first cup of coffee. Here we go day 2.

Just a quick intro, I'm Emma, I'm 33, I've been overweight and obese for as long as I can remember, I've tried every diet under the sun, but the only ones I've ever been really successful on are the VLCDs. I have a 13 month old daughter and I work full time so I'm a busy bee. My OH is fortunately very helpful with Lucy and he fed her last night so I didn't have to think about food. He also stayed up half the night with her as she is not very well and spent a lot of last night crying and coughing :( I'm hoping to finally be successful in my quest to lose weight. I have a couple of meals lined up over Xmas which I'll have to plan for, they're set menu meals (Xmas dos) so I won't be able to just choose a salad. I will just see how I'm doing once we get to December.

Right I'd better go and do some work, I hope everyone has a lovely day :)

Last edited:
Good Luck Emma!!!

Thanks harry :)

Just having my first shake - strawberry. I brought my hand blender to work with me today so I can blend my shakes properly. I stirred them with a fork yesterday and then shook them in a shaker but they were still lumpy and horrible. Luckily I own two blenders so I can keep one at home and one at work.

Not too hungry, feeling a bit spaced out, but I will just sit quietly at my desk and get on with some mind numbing work and hopefully the day will fly by :)

Hope you've had another good day :) you can do it!

Thanks weevil, I'm just about to leave work, latest I've left in months because my other half has collected our daughter from the childminders. I've had a vanilla shake with coffee this afternoon and a slice of cheese and some quorn chicken pieces. Am not hungry at the moment and I'm well on the way to ketosis :) Gunna go and play with the M62 now :(

Go you! I'll see you when you finish work tomorrow if that's OK, on my way up to Chapel Allerton for dinner with fitkaz. Hope the M62 was kind!

Another 3/4s of a lb gone this morning :) I am now 16st 9 and 1/4 :)

Very tired, was up watching tv at 2am this morning. My toddler was absolutely SCREAMING her head off and wouldn't go back to sleep :( So I took her downstairs and she had Calpol, biscuits and juice and some of my OH's Shreddies! I had a glass of water. She went back to sleep about 2.10am, I was up for an hour and a half with her. It's now 6.36am and I don't want to get up, just wanna crawl back into bed. Boo! Apparently 70% of babies sleep through from 9 months old. Mine is definitely not in the 70% sadly! :(

Aww hun, I have two toddlers I definitely know the feeling - if ones asleep the other is awake screaming... I live in the 'knackered' zone these days!

Feel for you ladies, it must be hard with young kids.Please try to stay strong and don't give up you can do it...

So day 3 is done, and I'm on to day 4. Another lb has gone, I'm down to 16st 8 and 1/4lbs. I'm definitely in ketosis.

I met up with evil weevil yesterday and we sat and put the world to rights over a cup of tea in a cafe in Leeds for an hour. She brought me some soups and bars to try too as I ordered a bumper pack of shakes only. Well I don't like the raisin and toffee bar - yuck! Very powdery and dry and not nice. Managed to eat about half of it and the rest went in the bin. I also tried a vegetable soup last night whilst watching Children In Need. I pepped it up with some cayenne pepper on the advice of evil weevil and it was ok, but I think I'm going to be a shakes person from now on.

Toddler is a proper toddler now, she's learned to walk over the past week and is really off now :) It's lovely. She slept better last night so I'm not as exhausted today. She went to bed late, about 10pm - but she did sleep for 2 and 3/4 hours at the childminders yesterday, probably cos she'd had such a rotten sleep the night before. She slept til about 2am when she woke up and started crying, she was cold so I picked her up and brought her in bed with me. After about 20 minutes of rocking she fell asleep again and slept til 7.30am. It's now 11am and she's quite tired and I think could do with a nap but she's not having it!

It's just her and me this morning because OH is at work. Better go and get my first shake. Ive had 2 mugs of decaff coffee so far today!

aww that's so nice - i've noticed a few people on the boards meeting up - did you know each other before or is it through the diet? xx

We knew each other before Sage :)

Still doing ok today, had 2 shakes, 2 eggs and a bit of Primula cheese. Drank 3 glasses of water so far but must drink more!

Well here we are on day 5 :) Weighed again this morning and have stayed the same, but that's ok, as time of the month started last night too, so no doubt I'll be a bit bloated, and I'm very happy with my almost 4lb loss already anyway.

I managed to sleep through, apparently my toddler didn't, but my OH fetched her and took her in bed with him it would seem. He came up to bed after me and I was already asleep so he went in the other room so he wouldn't disturb me, bless him. I never even heard her wake up in the night, I must have been tired.

Having a day at home, tidying, sorting, listing things for sale etc. Toddler currently asleep on OH so he is glued to the sofa with her on his lap fast asleep. He is so good with her, he really is.

Must have my first shake, it is 12.25pm, but don't want to put the whizzer on and wake Lu up.

OK so I'm now on day 6. Back at work. Stayed the same on the scales this morning and I'm ok with that. It's TOTM and I was a bit nibbly yesterday, all protein but probably too much. Today is the first day I promised myself I'd be 100% TS with no protein nibbling at all. It should be fine as I am in ketosis already. I'm doing well so far. Avoided the work kitchen where there was lots of cake. Drank a lot of water in the car on the way to work. I've had a banana shake at 10.30am, a coffee and a can of coke zero and now I'm sipping water. Will have my second shake about 3-4pm before I leave work. Onwards and downwards :)

Sounds like you've got the routine sorted - result! Keep it up :)

Hope you've done ok today :)

Thanks guys.

Yep I've done just fine. I've managed my first day of TS :)

I've had a banana shake, a strawberry shake and a vanilla shake.

I've had 2 cans of coke zero, 3 cups of tea, 1 cup of coffee and a lot of water, no idea how much, I just keep filling up my glass.

Packaged up loads of bits and bobs I've sold on ebay and a couple of forums. I'm also selling a car if anyone wants a 57 plate Punto for £3k? :) If it's not nailed down I will sell it or give it away hehe :)

Toddler went to bed at 8.30pm which is early for her. She slept through last night :OMG: and I am exhausted today. How the heck does that work??

Off to bed in a minute, it's 10.18pm. OH is out at work, he's on call tonight so he's out fitting windscreens in the dark somewhere near Leeds. I hope he stays safe.

Had a sneaky peek at the scales tonight, think it could be good news in the morning :)

Oh and my nose is dripping like a tap and I am unimpressed, gah :p

Good luck for your weighing! I'm spending the evening with ebay too! need to make some money :)

I've lost another lb and a 1/4 today, that's 5lbs in total in 6 days. I know that's not as impressive as some people's losses but I'm ok with that. I'm a bit of a sporadic loser anyway, plus it's TOTM at the moment, and I eased myself into ketosis following my own version of the Working Solution. Today is only my second day of being totally on TS.

I've managed to get into a coat I bought last winter in the sale, it didn't fit me then, but it does now :) I couldn't wear a bulky jumper under it but I can wear my cardigan under it and it fits fine, I'm really chuffed :) I've lost nearly 2 stone now since my daughter was born. I still have a lot to go, I was heavy before I was even pregnant, I was about 16st 13lbs when I got pregnant, and ideally I'd like to get down to around 11 stone, so we'll see how I get on :)

Well Done, stay strong and carry on hun.

Back