1 medium courgette, finely diced 150 g ricotta cheese
icon_filling_food.gif
30 g parsley, fresh, chopped
icon_filling_food.gif
2 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
icon_filling_food.gif
1 medium egg(s), lightly beaten 1 pinch salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Instructions

• Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 8/230°C/450°F. Spray a baking tray with low fat cooking spray and set aside.
  • Lay the aubergine in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside. To make the filling, spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the onion and courgette and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add 1 garlic clove and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool. Meanwhile combine the ricotta, parsley and basil in a separate bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cooled onion mixture to the ricotta mixture, then add the egg and season well with salt and pepper.
  • To make the sauce, spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, or until light brown. Add crushed tomatoes and stir to combine then reduce the heat to low. Add the basil and season well with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside.
  • To make the aubergine rolls, reduce the oven temperature to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Spoon 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce into the base of a 20cm square ceramic baking dish. On a clean chopping board place a slice of aubergine. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the ricotta filling at the narrow end and roll up. Place in the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining aubergine slices. Arrange rolls in a single layer in the dish. Spoon over the remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.

Seems like Cannelloni, but with Aubergines instead...yummy! Thanks for the recipe will have to give it a try.

great recipe = how many does it serve and what is the syn value please? thanks, dtx
it serves 4 , i halved mine to serve 2 ,
the only syns i can see would be the parmasan to sprinkle over the top , and i used cottage cheese instead of ricotta

Back