Baked beans - reduced sugar / salt etc

blossums

Have been having 1/2 a tin of baked beans with breakfast and am thinking of saving a few calories by switching to a reduced salt n sugar type

The last time i tried something like this I found them pretty flavourless but am getting used to plainer food

But was wondering if anyone here can suggest any particular brand - cause they still taste ok or cause they have fewer calories than branston beans
cheers
x

I like the taste of Branston Beans and our local Asian shop is doing 4x420g beans for £1-00!They taste like the old "HP" ones and as the company who make them used to make HP ones before Heinz bought them out, putting over 100 people out of work!.I will stick with Branston's.

Thanx all, I might have a go at making my own beans - could use flageolet beans as I love them, and i guess I could make a spicier sauce too hmmmm...

Have actually got one, though would only be making them for myself so - not sure how to store them if I make in bulk..

I get asdas own, the blue tin. x

????? Blue tin! I must have missed that one, but then I buy the white one:D As for taste... I don't think there's any difference except less/ thicker sauce in the more expensive ones, anyway it's rare that I don't put chilli powder or curry powder or other such thing in with them!

I used to buy asda blue tin but now i buy heinz reduced salt/sugar, i much prefer the heinz but i dont pay the food bill, iif i did id buy asda blue tin beans

Back