Baked potato fillings?

chocko1

Gold Member
Hi there, fellow slimmers. I have just signed up for Slimming World On-line and am desparate to stick to it. I have attended groups in the past and have lost 3 stones each time (3) but I do remember getting sick of baked potatoes with either beans or tuna as fillings. :( Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas for fillings. Thanks in anticipation.

Why do you need to eat loads of baked potatoes? There are hundreds, thousands of other things to eat! I had a jacked potato today for lunch but it was the first one ive had in I don't know how long! Check out the what's for lunch and what's for tea threads, as well as subscribing to some diaries to give you some new ideas. X

I love the old fav cheese and beans. But you can have anything on a jacket, left over curry, spag bol, chilli, cottage cheese. Is there a particular reason you were eating loads of jackets last time? Variaty is key.

Why do you need to eat loads of baked potatoes? There are hundreds, thousands of other things to eat! I had a jacked potato today for lunch but it was the first one ive had in I don't know how long! Check out the what's for lunch and what's for tea threads, as well as subscribing to some diaries to give you some new ideas. X
Sorry, didn't pose my question very well! No, I wasn't eating loads of jacket potatoes. It was just that when I did have them I seemed to be always having beans or tuna with them. Thanks for the suggestion. x

I love the old fav cheese and beans. But you can have anything on a jacket, left over curry, spag bol, chilli, cottage cheese. Is there a particular reason you were eating loads of jackets last time? Variaty is key.
No, I wasn't eating loads of them. It was usually if I didn't have any leftovers to put with them, I was just stuck for ideas. Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't eat many jackets either, maybe one a week?

You could do sliced chicken breast chunks (from cooked meat aisle) in extra light mayo with lean bacon sliced in? Or I like tuna mayo with sweet corn and spring onion.

You could even do some syn free coleslaw as a topping too

I don't eat many jackets either, maybe one a week?

You could do sliced chicken breast chunks (from cooked meat aisle) in extra light mayo with lean bacon sliced in? Or I like tuna mayo with sweet corn and spring onion.

You could even do some syn free coleslaw as a topping too
Sounds great, thanks. I'll definitely give your ideas a try. I just need to use my imagination more!!

I love prawns on mine. Use low salt and sugar tomato ketchup and EL mayo to make the sauce, 4 tbsp for 2 syns (1 part ketchup, 3 mayo). Also egg mayo! I prefer cold toppings on it!! X

how about scooping the potatoe out and mixing with what ever you fancy - or chopped red onion. peppers, ham, quork and scoop the back into potatoe shell. sprinkle cheese if you want and pop into oven until golden. you cold use anything you have in the fridge and your favourite spices

I like tzaiki on mine (in the absence of loaaads of cheese): LF greek Yogurt, chopped mint & garlic - mixed together & chilled.

I like the heat of the potato with the coolness of the yogurt.

Here's a list I posted a while ago :)

1. Tuna, sweetcorn and chives/spring onions mixed with fromage frais/extra light mayo
2. Bolognese
3. Cheese and beans
4. 5 bean chilli
5. Tomato, onion, smoked paprika and bacon, all reduced down
6. Cottage cheese mixed with some chopped prawns
7. Prawn marie rose made with fromage frais, ketchup, lemon juice and some cayenne/smoked paprika
8. Tuna mixed with extra light laughing cow triangles and some chives/spring onions, then grilled. Mmmm - cheesy tuna!
9. Any sort of stew heated up on a potato
10. Salsa (preferably chilled)
11. Plain yoghurt, coriander, and diced cucumber and/or red onion
12. Sauteed mushrooms
13. Scrambled egg, tomato and green pepper
14. Curry
15. Coleslaw
16. Tuna, red onion and pepper
17. Philly, chives and chopped ham
18. Philly, chopped cucumber and tomato
19. Tuna, onion, apple and celery in mayonnaise
20. Chicken and sweetcorn
21. Roasted vegetables
22. Cream cheese and spinach
23. Tomato, turkey and broccoli
24. Smoked ham and pineapple
25. Bacon and mushrooms
26. Bacon and baked beans
27. Bacon, onion and sweetcorn
28. Cheese and marmite/bovril
29. Crab meat and coleslaw
30. Chickpea dahl
31. Hummus, grated carrot and coriander
32. Smoked haddock/mackeral and sweetcorn
33. Egg mayonnaise

As you can see there's tons of things you can put on a baked potato! :D

how about scooping the potatoe out and mixing with what ever you fancy - or chopped red onion. peppers, ham, quork and scoop the back into potatoe shell. sprinkle cheese if you want and pop into oven until golden. you cold use anything you have in the fridge and your favourite spices
That sounds delish! Thanks.

Back