Balance Board / EA Sports Active / My Fitness Coach

Smirky

Gold Member
I really want to get one of these, or maybe two, but was wondering for those who have any of the above, are they worth the money? And do they actually work? Lose weight and tone up by using them?

I've got a kind of phobia about gym's and going to them looking the way i am, so i tend to steer away from them, and was looking for something to do in the house, did try a few celeb exercise dvd's but then was brought the Wii for my 21st, and so looking to get fit by using different games

Any recommendations? thank you :)

The Wii Fit board is terriffic fun, and can take weights up to 23st, so you're well within safety range there :)

It comes with Wii Fit bundled in, but you can always get My Fitness Coach to go with it, although Wii Fit itself is good.

My mum's also a gym-o-phobe, and she's having a whale of the time with Wii Fit :D

The Wii Fit board is terriffic fun, and can take weights up to 23st, so you're well within safety range there :)

It comes with Wii Fit bundled in, but you can always get My Fitness Coach to go with it, although Wii Fit itself is good.

My mum's also a gym-o-phobe, and she's having a whale of the time with Wii Fit :D

Thank you for the feed back!! I've heard it is meant to be amazing, but just didn't know which one to try! Think i may get EA Sports as it's cheap at the moment to keep me going... then i'll try and sneak the wii fit onto my xmas list! ;) hehe :D

Thank you!! Can't wait i love my wii!!! :D

I have all 3 . The wiifit doesn't really do much. I occasionally use the board as a step for half an hour whilst watching tv. Now EA sports has really transformed my measurements! I love the 30 day challenge . I couldn't go up or downstairs for 2 days after starting the first one , and it was on easy! My quads were so tight! You can use the board tho I haven't.
My Fitness Coach I find quite boring in comparison, very repetitive and the graphics are dull.But it's cheap!
NewU, done by the fitness first team has real trainers, they are all abit cheesy! But you use the balance board alot, tho it doesn't pick up your movements all the time. This one has different workouts supposedly tailored to things like weightloss etc. I'm doing the Pilates and drop a dress size one. It is good for core exs which aren't catered for on EASA, but doesn't deliver on cardio. They are very keen on pressups :eek:
EASA are bringing out a new game in Nov which includes abs. It's an updated version of the original with added features.
These games have got me exercising, from doing absolutely nothing to at least half an hour 5 days a week. I really feel SO much better for it.

I have all 3 . The wiifit doesn't really do much. I occasionally use the board as a step for half an hour whilst watching tv. Now EA sports has really transformed my measurements! I love the 30 day challenge . I couldn't go up or downstairs for 2 days after starting the first one , and it was on easy! My quads were so tight! You can use the board tho I haven't.
My Fitness Coach I find quite boring in comparison, very repetitive and the graphics are dull.But it's cheap!
NewU, done by the fitness first team has real trainers, they are all abit cheesy! But you use the balance board alot, tho it doesn't pick up your movements all the time. This one has different workouts supposedly tailored to things like weightloss etc. I'm doing the Pilates and drop a dress size one. It is good for core exs which aren't catered for on EASA, but doesn't deliver on cardio. They are very keen on pressups :eek:
EASA are bringing out a new game in Nov which includes abs. It's an updated version of the original with added features.
These games have got me exercising, from doing absolutely nothing to at least half an hour 5 days a week. I really feel SO much better for it.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I liked the idea of wii fit because of how you can keep track of your bmi and use the board as scales as well as a workout also! But then i heard amazing reviews of the EA Sports Active, so i went and brought that to start off with :) Like you i plan to have all three eventually but for now i need to jump into the deep end and go for the hard working one first to shift some weight :) thank you for your response and your views really appreciate it :)

hi

I have the Wii balance board with game and wii Active.

Wii Active is great, done my own workout this afternoon and burned off 153 cals - so am pleased. Did boxing, lunges, tennis, volleyball and dancing. Took about 40 mins and boy was I sweating. Can definately recommend Wii Active.

Just ordered wii fit Plus (hopefully will be a bit more to it than the first one) and also Biggest Loser for the wii (both not out yet so on order).

Sue

hi

I have the Wii balance board with game and wii Active.

Wii Active is great, done my own workout this afternoon and burned off 153 cals - so am pleased. Did boxing, lunges, tennis, volleyball and dancing. Took about 40 mins and boy was I sweating. Can definately recommend Wii Active.

Just ordered wii fit Plus (hopefully will be a bit more to it than the first one) and also Biggest Loser for the wii (both not out yet so on order).

Sue

Hey! Thank you for the reviews! Definitely looking forward to EA Sports now! Hopefully we with me by monday, so will see how many calories i can burn during my boring days at home searching for jobs :D I haven't heard about the biggest loser one?? I'm a huge fan of the programme though will have to check that one out thank you!! :)

The Wii balance board isn't the most accurate set of scales around. But it's good for approximates.

Oh really? how come? :( Was counting on those to give me a proper weight! My house is hopeless, weigh yourself in one room and you get a totally different amount if weighed in another! lol :)

Partly it's down to most living rooms being carpeted, and scales need to be totally level to be accurate.

Partly it's down to the balance board being an entertainment product, not a tool :)

It's fine for getting a ballpark figure, just don't count on it to be super-precise, that's all.

Another vote here for EA active!!!

Thank you! I got my today finally... as when it first arrived I was out so had to go pick it up from post office! Ah the bother! But bet it's worth it! :) Gonna try it later!

Do people definitely feel a difference? I know it won't be as good as going to the gym, but as long as it helps to keep the lbs off? Thank you for all your help everyone! :)

I definately feel a difference, I do running and boxing along with other some other activities in between like tennis etc.

About 40 mins a day and I work off just over 200 cals.

Sue

I definately feel a difference, I do running and boxing along with other some other activities in between like tennis etc.

About 40 mins a day and I work off just over 200 cals.

Sue

Thanks great, thanks for getting back to me! :)

I don't do any other activities rarely go out really so always look for fitness ideas to do inside the house or outside in the garden :) Any idea's would be great hehe :)

Justin's got a whole bunch of resistance exercises in one of these threads that you can easily do at home. Things like lunges, squats and the like.

Justin's got a whole bunch of resistance exercises in one of these threads that you can easily do at home. Things like lunges, squats and the like.

That's great thank you, i will have to have a look around and see what i can find! :)

I did the EA Sports Active last night and omg I ached so much after and still do!! Lol, i burned off 180carlories for 25mins work, only did it on medium to start off with as didn't know what it would be like! Definitely love the boxing / punching part and the skating! :D

Gosh you're brave! I started EASA on easy and nearly called for the paramedics! If you keep going you will see real results very quickly! I lost 2" off both my waist and hips in the first 4 weeks! It saw me from a couch potato to doing 5 days a week in a month and I'm still at it 4 months later, albeit with different games. Keep at it! You have nothing to lose but your weight!

Gosh you're brave! I started EASA on easy and nearly called for the paramedics! If you keep going you will see real results very quickly! I lost 2" off both my waist and hips in the first 4 weeks! It saw me from a couch potato to doing 5 days a week in a month and I'm still at it 4 months later, albeit with different games. Keep at it! You have nothing to lose but your weight!

Thank you for your encouraging words! I didn't know which level to start at as wasn't sure if easy would be too easy like a warm up etc, so thought I'd just go for medium! :) Are you meant to do it two days in a row then leave a rest day?? I want to do it, but don't want to overdo it if that makes sense lol thanks :)

Back