Balsamic vinegar

CookiesnCream

Please can anyone give me a rough idea of which balsamic vinegar to buy? And is it in the aisle in the supermarket with the olive oil etc? I've seen lots of balsamic vinegars but not sure if they are the right ones or if they are the dressing types. Please can you tell me which balsamic vinegar you guys all buy? Thankyou!
:)

I don't think it varies much- although i could be wrong. I think if it says "balsamic vinegar" on it then it's just that- I don't think there are dressing types/non-dressing types. I don't thinks so anyway.
The only variation I know of is that you can get white balsamic- i have some but not used it yet. It'll be on the aisle with the other vinegars/dressings/oils etc and I tend to buy the one which is the best value.

Just get the balsamic vinegar and not the dressings or the thicker ones as they often have sugar in them. Also there is a great variation in price but it's unlikely you will need something priced at a tenner that have been oak smoked in barrels so just go for the ones that are a couple of quid. Also you don't need much of it when you are using it as it is quite strong but very very lovely.
Oh yes and there's a fry light one but it's free anyway so don't see why you'd bother.

Back