Makes: about 20 cakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing: recommended
Calories per cake: 65

210g pack of low-fat sponge mix
1 egg
1 small banana, mashed
2 x 37g packets of Maltesers, crushed

1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F.
2. Make up the sponge mix with the egg according to the pack instructions. Mix in the mashed banana and crushed Maltesers.
3. Spoon the mixture into 20 cases, then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
4. Cool on a wire rack.

Use a rolling pin to crush the Maltesers, but avoid crushing them into a powder. Only freeze the buns when they are completely cold and use a rigid polythene box. They can be frozen for up to 2 months.

I didn't notice this section on here until now, finding lots of good ideas for different meals and treats as I'm starting to get fed up with the same old foods.
This sounds really good & 65 calories, even better :) will definatly give it a try!

mmm yummy, i used to make these years ago when i followed weightwatchers.......and the kids love them too .....ingredients on the shopping list :)

Only found this section of the forums today - this slooks very tasty and easy, thanks for sharing:)

It was Green's I think, can't remember where I bought it from

they sound yum

They sound gorgeous! Will see if I can track down this greens low fat sponge mix :) Thanks for hte recipie!

Back