Banana in a smoothie!!!!,

Nickynoo77

Have just read an interesting article on the slimming world website that states that a banana that is puréed in a smoothie is counted as 5 1/2 syns! Was going to make a banana and strawberry smoothie with fat free natural yogurt and now I'm totally put off the idea! Gutted!

Nickynoo x

Berries are quite light syn wise when blended around 1.5 per 100g so a berry and yogurt milkshake/smoothie is reasonable syn wise, if you really want banana in it I would say look at the syn value and try weighing and blending a small portion such as 25g (I think it is 5 syns for 100g so say 1.5 for 25g plus 1.5 for the berries and using milk from your hexA with syn-free yogurt you could do it for 3 syns)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

When its blended its too easy to eat to much fruit. For an average sized smoothie most people would use a couple of bananas and a load of strawberries, so where you would usually only eat one banana at one time, now it is too easy to eat 2 or 3 times that amount in one sitting. Thats SW's theory on the matter. Though when you read about it, once fruit is blended or mashed it releases a lot of its natural sugars, so when you eat a piece it doesn't have time to excrete its sugars and its digested pretty fast, in a smoothie the sugars are released before you swallow it, making the calories higher. it's somethiing like that from what I remember, been a while since I looked into it.

Back