bank holidays are bad for me!

This one hasn't been too bad and I'm working today so that always helps me. I have to say though that any time at home I find tricky.

I have been bad too, Fri my sis stayed so had curry. I thought that day I was quite good. Sat was awful - I had 4 bars of choc and an ice cream (blaming my sis) - we also has pub lunch Sat day but had healthy choices. Sun we had Bbq round friends (full fat sausages, burgers etc plus potato salad, dressed with oil salad etc. Oh and desert too with cream and icecream.

My weigh in is not to fri so hope for damage limitation!

It won't be as bad as you think - go along anyway and you'll feel better for it :)

I went for a burger on Saturday, full fat, 2 cokes, full fat - eurgh! Weighed yesterday morning and it was showing down on the day before (yes, I know I should stop weighing :eek: ) and then yesterday went for a family dinner at my gran's - I did well with the dinner, then had a bit of birthday cake and 2 glasses of Irn Bru - oops!!

Hoping for a loss overall still but not holding my breath!

Does anyone else struggle with bank holiday weekends?

I have eaten anything and everything and am now scared to go to SW on Tuesday! The sad thing is, after a 4 day blow out I am feeling rotten so I could kick myself.
I think you need to kick yourself ...right to weigh in ;) and get back on track!
I'm nervous about weigh in Thursday too as had lost 9lbs at new group then gone on hol and been a monster but got to face the scales Thursday....we can do it!

My weigh in is tonight, it has really helped keep me on track knowing I'm going to face the scales tonight!

If it helps, I had my brother's wedding this weekend...lots of nice food and lots to drink, followed by a not very good Sunday, has led to my scales showing a 3lb gain since Friday morning :eek: Oops!

All we can do is draw a line and carry on...and get yourself to weigh-in! You know the drill! :p xx

I'm the opposite, work is my weakness - i do a lot of travelling and end up not eating my pre-packed lunch but instead end up in the local bakery eating whatever carb's take my fancy that day! tut tut. :sigh:

I think everyone here is right, bank holidays are bad for most of us and therefore getting to group and facing whatever may happen is the best way forward (you maybe surprised in a good way!). We all struggle sometimes, but if we can get back on the wagon we will succeed!

Good luck x

Hey, it may not be as bad as you think - don't stay away :break_diet:the longer you do that for, the harder it will become to go back. Just take a deep breath and go for it - judging by the posts on this thread, you won't be the only one in the group to have had a bad week
Good luck at your weigh in

We started the weekend camping at Wadebridge and Friday night I had syn free chilli on top of not free doritos, a couple cans of lager and some marshmallows, Saturday we tried to go to Watergate Bay for lunch but it was rammed so we ended up at a pub and we shared a plate of Nachos... We did have good intentions of doing the Camel Trail on Sunday but the weather was so bad Saturday afternoon we ended up packing up and going home!!

I managed a 3 mile cycle Sunday afternoon and an hour of aquazumba last night but I am really not confident of a loss in 50 minutes time. Eeek!

We started the weekend camping at Wadebridge and Friday night I had syn free chilli on top of not free doritos, a couple cans of lager and some marshmallows, Saturday we tried to go to Watergate Bay for lunch but it was rammed so we ended up at a pub and we shared a plate of Nachos... We did have good intentions of doing the Camel Trail on Sunday but the weather was so bad Saturday afternoon we ended up packing up and going home!!

I managed a 3 mile cycle Sunday afternoon and an hour of aquazumba last night but I am really not confident of a loss in 50 minutes time. Eeek!

Your weekend sounded fun - and you've tried to work some of it off - hope the weigh-in went well.

snap! 3 pounds is what this bloomin' bank holiday cost me!

The important thing is you enjoyed hun! I'm hoping that it won't be 3lb by the time I get to my official WI on Friday morning, but not holding out much hope, haha!

Back