• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bannana's and custard

I'd still count the banana as FREE.

You haven't cooked it, or done anything with it in any way. It would be the same as having a banana, and then a bowl of custard seperately.

Just been reading this post and I was wondering ... Does fruit have a syn value if it's cooked ? I like apples done in the microwave with cinnamon on them so I hope it doesn't change ?

Just been reading this post and I was wondering ... Does fruit have a syn value if it's cooked ? I like apples done in the microwave with cinnamon on them so I hope it doesn't change ?
It's supposed to be synned, yes.
Although I must admit, I'm quite 'naughty' - I never syn it. For example, I like Stewed Rhubard (with sweetener not sugar) and I never Syn this.

Debridger

On track to target
Rachel57 said:
Oh dear ! I haven't got a clue what my 1 banana 1 apple 3 plum and quark smoothie was today then :p
well, I don't think you'll have one tomorrow - that little lot comes to 11 syns - sorry, but better to know I guess
worked out as
4 banana, 2.5 apple, and plums are 0.5/28g I weighed and ate one ;-)
mine was 88g for one plum, minus the stone

Oh wow I've gone over on my syns big time then ! Ah well it was nice while it lasted a whole 30 seconds sliding down my neck
that is exactly why it is syns.

30 secs to drink in a smoothie, but think how long it would of taken to eat it all in its raw form, with all the chewing etc that would be of been involved

Last edited:
the whole cooking fruit thing confuses me but i know this plan will work so we should stick to the rules for the best results xx

It confuses me about cooking fruit and it being synned, seen as on the SW website there is a recipe for baked apples that says it is free? :(

It confuses me about cooking fruit and it being synned, seen as on the SW website there is a recipe for baked apples that says it is free? :(
It's because cooked fruit can be counted as a HEX.

Thanks Ermintrude but it says it was completely free? Sorry if i'm being dumb!

Thanks guys. That's the one. I was obviously being rather dumb with that one, it is a bit misleading when it says it is completely free, but anyway I used it the first day I was doing it and didn't realise I had to have healthy extras anyway so it would have counted towards one of them! I didn't have the mincemeat anyway just warmed up apple with sprinkled cinnamon. Think i've got the hang of it now though. Thanks for clearing it up x