Barbecue Chicken - help please!

Nini74

I'm desparately trying to find the barbecue chicken recipe that uses diet coke in the recipe and I can't find it anywhere! Please can someone point me in the right direction??? TIA xx

I put "diet coke chicken" in the search box and found this..................

You will need:

4 x Chicken Breasts (chop if you wish)
1 Can (330ml) Diet Coke
2 Chopped Onions
6 tbsp Passata
Splash of Worcester Sauce

Most people cook it in a saucepan to thicken the sauce.
Look on "You Tube" for a video on how to make it! It's under "Diet Coke Chicken"
Pete

I'm curious about this....is it a really BBQy flavour? Boyf loved BBQ flavours and i'm desperate to stick to SW! Haha!

It is delicious! You leave it in the pan until it is sticky, and then add it to your chicken which is in the oven, then let it cook with the chicken for a bit.
It taste just like BBQ sauce.
Might make it tonight actually!

This is the recipe i follow:
Diet Coke Chicken | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

I use the sauce with pork too :D

I used the same sauce mix to make this yesterday.........

Pete’s Diet Coke Pork

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 tbsp. Worcester sauce
1x 330g can of Diet Coke
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 Cup of frozen peas (ff)
2 Pork Lions (ff)
4 Medium potatoes cut into wedges (ff)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)

Method

Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce to a high simmer, stir from time to time until the sauce starts to thicken (can take up to 25-30 mins). In the meantime cook the pork lions in a griddle pan turning over from time to time until cooked, remove & place in an oven-proof dish with a wire rack inside. Pour the sauce on one side & place in a hot oven (180c) until the sauce is bubbling, remove from the oven, turn over and using the remaining sauce, coat the other side & return to the oven until done.
In the meantime cut the potatoes into wedges, par-boil for 5 mins, remove, dry, spray with Fry Light & add your favourite seasoning and place in the hot oven for 25-30 mins.
Place the peas in a small pan, pour boiling water over and cook for 5 mins only.
When every item is cooked, plate up.

Diet Coke Sauce (Small).JPG

An even easier idea, BBQ FryLight! I chopped up a chicken breast and marinated it in loads of BBQ FryLight, garlic and Chilli. Chuck it in a pan with a load of onion, mushrooms, and peppers and voi la! BBQ chicken & veg :)

Princess_Stevie said:
An even easier idea, BBQ FryLight! I chopped up a chicken breast and marinated it in loads of BBQ FryLight, garlic and Chilli. Chuck it in a pan with a load of onion, mushrooms, and peppers and voi la! BBQ chicken & veg :)

BBQ frylight is also lush sprayed on SW chips and I spray it on the syn free HM burgers I make too! Nom nom nom :)

Mmm I love BBQ FryLight! :drool: I'm having gammon with BBQ Wedges and roasted vegetables for tea tonight, yum!

Back