BARBECUE NIGHTMARE!!

Mariad85

ShrinkingSlimmer
:cool:hey everyone!! :)

my brother in law is going to fight in afghan next week... so we are having a "fairwell bbq" saturday.... i dont wanna fook up my week, but i dont wanna be a spoil sport either.... can anyone suggest any "bbq tips"

Thanks in advance :p

I had a Birthday barbeque last Sunday, my top tips would be:

If you drink beer get some Equator from Tesco's, nice and cold you really feel like you're having a beer and it's totally syn free, it'll save you a load even if you just start off on it.
Marinate some de-skinned chicken drums the night before in fat free natural yoghurt, salt, lemon and tikka curry powder, start them in the oven and finish them on the bbq, syn free.
1/2 syn sausages, I find WW the nicest.
Loads of salad to hand so you can grab a handful with each bit of meat.

Have a great day and wish you're brother in law all the best :)

salads always go great to accompany barbecue food!! so you could always have a big bowl of salad prepped that you can dig into to fill up on! and rice dishes too go really well with barbecue food! Why not stick a few half fat sausages on there so you can still have sausages but they're half fat ones so fewer syns! And things like chicken work really well! (as long as it doesn't have marinades on...otherwise you'd have to syn the marinade)...you could even put a steak on there as long as you trim the fat off! Quite a few options really :)

Barbecue is easy! :) Any free meat (chicken, lean steak etc), either bung it in some marinade for an hour or two or just BBQ it 'neat'.
Stick it on a kebab with peppers, onions etc for superfree.
Take low syn sausages.
Make your own syn free burgers using extra lean mince mixed with onions, garlic, whatever spices etc you like.
Millions of salads, coleslaws, potato salads you can make.

The food can be basically almost free, its just the drinkies you need to control, but even those you can just make spritzers or alternate alcohol/diet sodas or use syn free beer as sugested above if thats your thang. Personally I let myself have the alcohol but just restrict all the food to free/low syn :) Have fun! :)

My tip? Given the circumstance relax about it! It's stressful enough without worrying about the food thing as well. Just avoid burgers/sausages or take some low fat ones with you. And eat loads of salad x

aww thanks guys!! i think ill be ok, im gonna defo take some ww sausages bcos i like them! hehe :) and defo lots of salad and chicken... i norm do green days but am gonna do EE for that day :)

thank you for all ur help guys:bighug:

ps.... the WW sausages r they the cumberland ones?xx

ps.... the WW sausages r they the cumberland ones?xx

I think I've only ever used the normal ones but you've got me thinking now.

Thread moved to Eating Out?? I suppose the garden is outside lol

haha ! i suppose so! i can only find the cumberland ones, i think ill ava look on the sw website see what i can find on there :) xx

Hey! Most of the ideas I'd have suggested have already been mentioned. I had a BBQ Sunday gone and managed to stick to plan 100%, helping me to still manage a loss this week!

I stuck to:

- Chicken breast (I sprinkled with Aromat to give it a 'southern fried' kind of flavour. Aromat is 7 Syns for the whole tub, so a light dusting would be Syn free)
- Homemade burgers (extra lean beef mince mixed with chopped red onion and a dash of soy sauce - Free)
- Quorn sausages (1/2 Syn each)
- Homemade spicy salsa (really easy to make - just add loads of chopped peppers and red onion to 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes. Add chilli, give it a good mix and voi la! Lots of SuperFree)
- Corn on the cob (Free, and gorgeous done on the BBQ!)
- Salad (SuperFree)
- Savoury Rice (Free)

The main thing is that you enjoy yourself. If you do happen to fall off the wagon a bit, don't worry about it, just get right back on plan the next day! Enjoy yourself xXx

Love Barbecues!!! :) You can't go wrong with a big bowl of salad with some fat free vinagrette in it. I love doing some fresh fish cubed onto skewers with mushrooms, peppers and onions etc, sprinkle them with some chilli to coat them and wrap them in tin foil and onto the bbq...delicious! you can do this with any meat, not only fish. Tesco do meat free burgers and are just as good as the real ones, they are only 1/2 per burger and taste great. Homemade coleslaw goes down well aswell. Shred some cabbage, carrot and onion, add salt and pepper, drop of lemon juice and some very low fat mayo. Enjoy!! All the best for your Brother-In-Law! Safe Journey x

I love bbqs, i love meat. So id do a red day and sit with a plate of meat and salad. I washed my bbq today and set it all up and ive ran out of gas:eek: oh well theres always the oven lol

hey! Most of the ideas i'd have suggested have already been mentioned. I had a bbq sunday gone and managed to stick to plan 100%, helping me to still manage a loss this week!

I stuck to:

- chicken breast (i sprinkled with aromat to give it a 'southern fried' kind of flavour. Aromat is 7 syns for the whole tub, so a light dusting would be syn free)
- homemade burgers (extra lean beef mince mixed with chopped red onion and a dash of soy sauce - free)
- quorn sausages (1/2 syn each)
- homemade spicy salsa (really easy to make - just add loads of chopped peppers and red onion to 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes. Add chilli, give it a good mix and voi la! Lots of superfree)
- corn on the cob (free, and gorgeous done on the bbq!)
- salad (superfree)
- savoury rice (free)

the main thing is that you enjoy yourself. If you do happen to fall off the wagon a bit, don't worry about it, just get right back on plan the next day! Enjoy yourself xxx

thanks hun!! This is great i will defo stick to plan with all these yummy ideas hehe xxxx

Love Barbecues!!! :) You can't go wrong with a big bowl of salad with some fat free vinagrette in it. I love doing some fresh fish cubed onto skewers with mushrooms, peppers and onions etc, sprinkle them with some chilli to coat them and wrap them in tin foil and onto the bbq...delicious! you can do this with any meat, not only fish. Tesco do meat free burgers and are just as good as the real ones, they are only 1/2 per burger and taste great. Homemade coleslaw goes down well aswell. Shred some cabbage, carrot and onion, add salt and pepper, drop of lemon juice and some very low fat mayo. Enjoy!! All the best for your Brother-In-Law! Safe Journey x

thank you hun im gonna go tesco friday when i get paid and stock up on burgers salad & sausages lol :) thank you again xx

thanks hun xx

cant wait for a bbq the weather needs to pick up just a lil here x

We find a pasta bake goes down beautifully as a side at a BBQ, really filling and easy to make. I make mine with loads of pasta, passata, chopped peppers, mushroom and grilled chicken and bacon. I then use mozzarella as my HE choice and its completely syn free!x

Hey! Most of the ideas I'd have suggested have already been mentioned. I had a BBQ Sunday gone and managed to stick to plan 100%, helping me to still manage a loss this week!

I stuck to:

- Chicken breast (I sprinkled with Aromat to give it a 'southern fried' kind of flavour. Aromat is 7 Syns for the whole tub, so a light dusting would be Syn free)
- Homemade burgers (extra lean beef mince mixed with chopped red onion and a dash of soy sauce - Free)
- Quorn sausages (1/2 Syn each)
- Homemade spicy salsa (really easy to make - just add loads of chopped peppers and red onion to 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes. Add chilli, give it a good mix and voi la! Lots of SuperFree)
- Corn on the cob (Free, and gorgeous done on the BBQ!)
- Salad (SuperFree)
- Savoury Rice (Free)

The main thing is that you enjoy yourself. If you do happen to fall off the wagon a bit, don't worry about it, just get right back on plan the next day! Enjoy yourself xXx

Fab ideas, Can i ask where i can buy Aromat, Never heard of it but i love KFc chicken so would love to try this, Thanks in advance.

:cool:hey everyone!! :)

my brother in law is going to fight in afghan next week... so we are having a "fairwell bbq" saturday.... i dont wanna fook up my week, but i dont wanna be a spoil sport either.... can anyone suggest any "bbq tip

Thanks in advance :p

Sorry cant add anymore to what all the others have already said, Just wanted to wish your brother in law a safe tour. My husband went last week. Hope your sister is doing okay xx

Back