Barb's back!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by Barb, 1 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Hi everyone, I have been away from here a long time and so much has happened. None of it very good I am afraid. Weight loss has slipped ever further down my list of priorities and I have spent far too much time just feeling sad.
    My Dad died in January, he had been suffering with cancer fir several years and it suddenly galloped, leaving him paralysed from the waist down almost over night. He was admitted to hospital for assessment and 2 weeks later I sat at his bedside with my poor Mum as he slipped away. I remain devastated and lost. Supporting my 88 year old frail Mum is taking all I've got but at the same time i realise that I need to focus on me a bit.

So, this morning I sat and read my 'food & feelings diary' which I started on May 1st 2002. I accomplished a lot that year and as well as losing weight I became fitter, stronger and happier in my own skin.
    So today, 8 years later,(and despite numerous half attempts) I'm giving it another go. I make no wild promises, I have no mad dreams.:D Softly, softly will do me, just as long as there is a tiny bit of progress i will be satisfied. I am a good 6 stone overweight but would be delighted to lose a stone by Christmas. More would be great, less would be ok. We'll see.;)

I know how much friends on here have helped in the past; Abi, Irene H, Summerskye, Isis, Mini, Clarri to name but a few, I hope you will help me again.

Love Barb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IreneH likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have really missed you and so glad you are back.

I made the same mistake and moved further and further down the line so pleased you are going to focus on you.

Sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad.

Irene xx

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Irene, I missed you too! It's good to be back! xxx

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Hi Starlight - lovely to see you too. I need to whip round everyone's diaries and find out what I've been missing.

Had a good first day yesterday - recorded every morsel and feel pleased with myself.

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well done on your good day 1

Irene xx

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi Barb and welcome back honey, its good to see you.

9. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Irene, good to see you too Cheryl. That's the wonderful thing about Minimins, it's always good to see old friends again!

10. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    So already on day 3 of the diary and I am amazed at what an excellent tool it is. Just knowing I have to write stuff down stops me eating as much. I really hope that it will be enough to get me back into some good habits and see a gradual weight loss.

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well done Barb

Irene xx

12. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Irene, it's lovely to know you are keeping an eye on me! It's strange 'getting back in the zone' but I know I can. Quite a good day yesterday, had some wine in the evening but wrote everything down. Going to focus on a good healthy day today.

13. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    A good day yesterday - it's the evenings I struggle with. Had some wine etc.. but I think at least i am cutting down on the naughty foods, increasing the healthy foods, so that's progress I think.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.