BARENAKED NOODLES......

sididd

Gold Member
OMG, I must say I have tried the shiataki noodles and found the fishy smell revolting and the texture disgusting.....But the power of the T.V. I saw the Barenaked noodles on dragons den and found them in Holland and Barrett buy one get one half price. Well I have just made my spag bolls (which was delish) but what made it was the noodles....no smell or having to rinse just drain and add to the pan and the texture very nice. Give them a try if you haven't already, really makes you think you've had carbs xxx

you can have them on all phases even attack. They are £2.99 a pkt but you would get two meals out a packet and can be eaten in attack, cruise and conso xxx

Last edited:
Me I'm just happy with the miracle noodles and rice, which I know are shirataki but really I don't notice any fishy stuff going on... Just need to give them a good sloosh, boil for a couple of mins and bobs your pasta so to speak.
Also at holland & Barrett half price penny sale. Brightens up a pp Thursday no end.

Me I'm just happy with the miracle noodles and rice, which I know are shirataki but really I don't notice any fishy stuff going on... Just need to give them a good sloosh, boil for a couple of mins and bobs your pasta so to speak.
Also at holland & Barrett half price penny sale. Brightens up a pp Thursday no end.

Omg I can have these on Conso PP? I didn't realise :D You have just made my PP Wednesday!! Am I allowed sugar free jelly as well?

Yeah xxx

I try to have pp wed - just so I can get it over with!!! I hate pp with a passion - how on earth did I manage a year doing pp/pv!! and why does the pp day come round so fast each week!!! ;-)

yep....

Right, that's it - I'm going to go right now and camp outside Holland and Barrett till they open in morning, my asian supermarket isn't stocking shiritaki noodles at the minute and I hadn't thought of H & B. Love the name BareNaked Noodles lol!

If you love the name your gonna love the product, I eat them loads now xxx

Oh my goodness, I shall have to try those! I too have tried the shirataki noodles and found the fishy odour off putting. The one thing I find really hard about the Dukan diet is the fact I can't eat rice or pasta - my two favourite foods! Spag bol is a weekly make in my house as it is so quick but I always weaken and have spaghetti, setting me back on my Dukan pathway all the time. Will make a trip to Holland and Barrett to get some. Thanks for the tip!

Huh! Just bought some 'eat water' fettuccine from holland & Barrett, which I've done before, but they've changed the formula which now includes something other than pure konjac. Annoyingly, the texture is different and they really don't work so well for me. Can't rely on anything being what it's supposed to be. Note to self - always check the ingredients, even when it's stuff you've bought before....

Although the konjac noodle smell fishy when you open the packet, once rinsed and cooked, they don't... and, cos they're all I can get over here, that's my hard luck. I bought 4 packs the other night, total €10. Ridiculous when you think what normal noodles/pasta costs as a packet really only does two meals if you've plenty of veg in the dish to pad it out!

A friend brought me over some of the Slim Rice from H&B. Not tried it yet but, again, are they taking the mickey with the price?!! Even with the 2nd pack half price which she found as an offer...

Oh I understand the fishy bit, my complaint was that the latest 'improved formula' with something called juroat actually made the stuff more fishy and I didn't luck the texture of the new formula.

Turning into a grumpy old woman!

Seriously I never found it that bad before but what they've done is add some oat stuff to konjac flour and it makes the pasta a dirty yellow colour, slightly more brittle, and I'm not keen at all. I suppose they're responding to complaints about the fishy pong, which I always found disappeared after a rinse.

Youre right it is pretty pricy so my next task is to identify an alternative which meets my taste. I did find some rather good noodles in a Chinese supermarket in soho for a v reasonable price but that's somewhere I can only get to very occasionally, so the hunt is on....! May go mail order cos miracle rice/pasta was ok when I tried that last time around.

I begrudge the postage and packing on the miracle rice/pasta though... I forget now how much it was but the site advised buying at least 50 packs to make it cost effective (what?!!)...

Need a mortgage out for 50 bags .....lol

TODAY I found online fantastic advice on how to make these slimy things yummy!

Rinse thoroughly, several times. Drain. Microwave for one minute, drain. Repeat twice more. Now use the same way you would pasta, rice, etc. One hour ago I ate a whole pack (spaghetti-style) with a low carb cheese sauce and could not believe how delicious it was.

Back