bars

jh1986

hi, i had my first bars today, tried the malt toffee and its nice enough but i couldnt eat it all, anyone else find that they struggle finishing a whole one too? and is it right that you can have one bar a day?

Hey..
its me again. .lol..
I had the toffee for the first time today. it wasnt my favourite.
I love the chocolate ones.. i guess we all like different..
You are right we can only have one a day. I tend to have it at lunchtime well about 2ish.
I have heard some people chop the bars up and have them throughout the day.. which i have never done but sounds like quite a good idea.
Hope that helps a little x

ok thanx curly you've been a great help to me on here lol xx

I chop one up, bung it in the freezer for an hour, and then have a mini-feast in front of the telly, LOL.

Highlight of my day at the moment (God, I'm a sad muppet...) :D :D

I also found it overwhelming to try and eat a full bar initially, I cut it into a number of pieces and slowly worked my way up over a few days.
I think I could now eat half a bar, and this would be fine with me, as i could complement it with had a sachet.

Yum yum, can't wait to have the bars again! Enjoy... x

I tried the caramel one for the first time yesterday and although the initial taste was nice, after chewing for a while the taste became disgusting and left a horrible yukky mouth. I hope this was just the caramel one as I am relying on the bars being nice to take to work next week!
I'll try another one today.
It's weird how your tastes change so quickly too - I loved the oriental chilli soup at first, but it now makes me gag. Thank goodness for toffee and walnut and capuccino!
Sarah

Mmmm love all the bars. Was my 2nd WI last night and CDC chopped some up for me to try! Heaven in a Cambridge wrapper!

I don't trust myself enough to have the bars, and I don't like the soups. So, just shakes for me :sigh: Good job I like them!

I love the bars but not had them in a few weeks! Going to get some next weigh in as I love them late with a water

I chop one up, bung it in the freezer for an hour, and then have a mini-feast in front of the telly, LOL.

Highlight of my day at the moment (God, I'm a sad muppet...) :D :D
That's what I do (and no, you're not! :)). It's like lots of separate chewy sweets then, isn't it? I make mine last at least half an hour if I can, and have a big black coffee with it. Then I feel I've had something! :D

Note to newbies:- Chop up before you freeze - otherwise you'll end up hacking away with a meat cleaver, probably removing part of your finger in the process!! :eek: :ambulance:

Back