Batch Cooking

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi guys,

I go back to work in a few weeks (school teacher :)) and so I'm not tempted by staff room nibbles or put off cooking due to getting home late I want to make some batches that I can freeze and take out when I fancy! I bought lots of those metallic takeaway containers (which I know unfortunately I can't microwave so will need to defrost my lunches overnight and transfer into an airtight container for school).

Anyway... I need to ideas of good foods to cook in batches! I know of Spag Bol, but what about curry, pasta, casserole... etc? What freezes/defrosts well??

As you can see, I don't cook much lol! Any recipe ideas good for batch cooking would be great too :)
Thanks
Danni xx

Google bbc good food tuna pasta bake, it is THE tastiest pasta bake ever! I get about 5 ish portions to freeze when I make it to the recipe but you need a massive dish to make it.

Not sure of pp as I've not made it for a few months with a new (well, 4 month old now) baby but if you use half fat cheese and skimmed milk it should be alright, I think I'll make it myself in the next few days if I get some spare time :)

I batch cook quite often. I've done

Spag Bol
Lasanga
Beef chilli
Veg chilli
Spanish Casserole
A complete Roast dinner inc all trimmings - Chicken, Beef and Lamb
Beef Casserole
Soups - both pointed and zero points

Virtually every thing that's batched cook also happens to be done in my slow cooker so even easier

Not a fan of tuna... too "fishy" for me lol but i'm sure I can add something else to it :)

Silly question but can soup be frozen or is it best just to keep it in the fridge? How long does it last for??
Thanks guys x

Not a fan of tuna... too "fishy" for me lol but i'm sure I can add something else to it :)

Silly question but can soup be frozen or is it best just to keep it in the fridge? How long does it last for??
Thanks guys x

I freeze soup all the time so yes. It can stay in the fridge for a while but depends what it is. If it's a veg I've kept it in the fridge for up to a week.

Aww thanks! Made butternut squash and pepper soup this evening so when it cools am just gonna pop it in the fridge to dip into for the next few days :)

Back