Batch Cooking

pudge30

Hi Everyone.

First of all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I have been on slimming world for a while now and not getting anywhere.

I have made a promise to myself that on 5th January (gives me chance to get rid of all the xmas chocs) I am going to be on it and really try.

My problem is time (lack of it) i work part time and also run a cake business and have 2 small children so i really need to knuckle down and get organised because if not i just eat anything.

I was just wondering if anyone had any good recipes for some good batch cooking meals so i can freeze them and use them on my super busy days. I cant wait for Feb cos i will stock up on Iceland meals but dont really want to really want to rely on them

I do a vegetarian chili - can reheat and eat with rice, SW wedges, on a jacket or in a wholemeal pita.

I also freeze pasta sauces - spag bol, spicy tomato etc for a quick tea and eat with pasta and a salad.

I do just green days due to being veggie.

Yeah spag Bol sauce freezes very well then all you need to do is cook fresh spaghetti :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Anything saucy really! As above chilli's and pasta sauces are great, as are curries, casseroles, shepherds pie bases and basic ragus that you can do all sorts with- add herbs for spag bol, spices & kidney beans for chilli, peas & carrots (tinned work fine) for a cottage pie etc. Chunky soups are great for quick lunches too and the possibilities for this are endless. Depends how 'ready' you need the frozen bit to be after a microwave stint I suppose! Good luck from 5th Jan and merry Christmas :) x

Beef stew
chicken casserole
fish pie
bolognese sauce
chili
soups

Mince freezes well and can make a variety of meals (bolognese, chilli, keema, cottage pie, mince, curried mince.....). I also like a stock of bacon onion and tomato pasta sauce, soup, chicken curry, and have even successfully frozen quiche in the past

Back