Batch Cooking

pudge30

Hi Everyone

I really want to start getting into batch cooking to free up my nights so i can spend more time with the kids as i work full time all day.

Has anyone got any good recipes or have links to some good threads

Batch cooking is the way forward! I love having 'ready' meals after work. There are all the classics, spag bol, chilli con carne, I o the SW Sweet & Sour Chicken (it doesn't say in the book freezer friendly, but we've never had any problems with it!), Chicken Tikka Masala.... What sort of thing do you like eating?

My go to batch meal is slow cooked lentil soup (add tinned tomato, chicken stock, bay leaves and mixed herbs - cook on high for 4 hours). Add trimmed Kale and cook another hour. Then season to taste (wait until you're done to season - f you add salt before the lentils before they're cooked, it can toughen them).

I then use this for everything - if I'm short on speed, I'll add a cup to meal on side. Or I'll mix in chicken, prawns, fish or even beef (whatever on hand) and have as main meal (did tonight!) You can also add rice and HEXB parmesan to change it up.

I find it very versatile and extremely healthy/tasty.

Back