Bathroom issues - Milk of Magnesia??

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Sally Morrison, 10 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Sally Morrison

Sally Morrison Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge then Weight Watchers for maintenance
    I heard from a previous post that its ok to use milk of magnesia, I've had awful indigestion (like acid) on and off since cutting carbs, have been drinking more fruit juice though.

I have tried to be careful but yesterday I accidently overdid the MoM, just taking sips at work, well!!.. Stuck in traffic in my car I got a horrendous gassy gurgle and OMG!

I had to make an emergency detour to a garage and rush in to the loo!, thought I had made it untill I surveyed my smalls between my knee's!

Can Milk of Magnesia cause sudden diarrhoea like that?

:mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Yes, it can. That and also maalox.

4. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    yes, in small doses it settles the stomach but in large doses it is a laxative. I like you found this out the hard way when I accidently took it when hung over to try and settle me down and stop myself throwing up. Suffice to say I was in the bathroom for a long time that day!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.