Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Bathroom issues - Milk of Magnesia??

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Sally Morrison, 10 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Sally Morrison

Sally Morrison Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge then Weight Watchers for maintenance
    I heard from a previous post that its ok to use milk of magnesia, I've had awful indigestion (like acid) on and off since cutting carbs, have been drinking more fruit juice though.

I have tried to be careful but yesterday I accidently overdid the MoM, just taking sips at work, well!!.. Stuck in traffic in my car I got a horrendous gassy gurgle and OMG!

I had to make an emergency detour to a garage and rush in to the loo!, thought I had made it untill I surveyed my smalls between my knee's!

Can Milk of Magnesia cause sudden diarrhoea like that?

:mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Yes, it can. That and also maalox.

4. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    yes, in small doses it settles the stomach but in large doses it is a laxative. I like you found this out the hard way when I accidently took it when hung over to try and settle me down and stop myself throwing up. Suffice to say I was in the bathroom for a long time that day!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.