Bathroom scales

Missa!!!

Silver Member
Hi all

Does anyone know of a good set of bathroom scales? I am currently using one from weight watchers and it is absolutely rubbish. My weight is all over the place with this one :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I use these ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030EPISM/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had them for 2 years now, the battery is still going strong and they've always given me really accurate readings. None of this 'stand on it 5 times and take the lowest weight' nonsense hehe they always show an accurate weight no matter how many times I stand on them. They're 43% off at the moment too!

They include a body analysis function where you can programme a profile into it and it will tell you things like BMI, body fat, water etc. I don't really use them for that but it's a nice little function.

I use digital scales from Argos. They tell you weight, BMI, water and body fat. Really handy. Put them in the same place every time you weigh yourself and try to do it at the same time if day. I normally nip downstairs early once I've been to the loo, jump on them butt naked before I eat or drink anything..

I use these ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030EPISM/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had them for 2 years now, the battery is still going strong and they've always given me really accurate readings. None of this 'stand on it 5 times and take the lowest weight' nonsense hehe they always show an accurate weight no matter how many times I stand on them. They're 43% off at the moment too!

They include a body analysis function where you can programme a profile into it and it will tell you things like BMI, body fat, water etc. I don't really use them for that but it's a nice little function.

Lol that's exactly what I have to do as its just not accurate enough. I shall take a look.

Thank you x

I use digital scales from Argos. They tell you weight, BMI, water and body fat. Really handy. Put them in the same place every time you weigh yourself and try to do it at the same time if day. I normally nip downstairs early once I've been to the loo, jump on them butt naked before I eat or drink anything..

Thsts what I do ha ha. What brand is it?

I have these ones as well and they are fantastic. I've had them for years... well over two, probably four and I've only changed the battery once. Very accurate and will measure your body fat and calculate your BMI if you want to although I only faff with that bit once in a while.

Thank you. I am going to have a look now.

Mine are Salter too but less fancy (glass style), good make, they give you your weight with 1/4lb.

Mine are Salter too but less fancy (glass style), good make, they give you your weight with 1/4lb.

Yes I am definitely looking at a salter. I've seen one thats tracks your weight loss progress which is pretty handy. I shall pick one up tomorrow as I need it for my weigh-in on Thursday x

Hi - I know what you mean - I've had loads of scales over the years and never liked the readings lol - but seriously - I bought my current scales from Argos - the make is SALTER and they're slimline (unlike their owner!) and electronic and there's a function to show body fat and other stats which I used at the beginning but now just weigh myself.

I'm careful (if not OCD) about where I place them on my vinyl bathroom floor (I've found the place where they show the lightest weight - sad me!) and they're consistent - the casing is either high gloss black glass or maybe even a high quality plastic? They cost about £30 and I think they're the best ones I've ever had. I know they were still selling recently because a friend bought them.

Might I suggest that if you're not happy with whichever scales you buy next time - take them back with the receipt if they're no good eg: they fluctuate - according to the sales of goods act that means they're not fit for purpose - and you're entitled to a refund by law. Happy shopping and good luck with the dietx

Hi - I know what you mean - I've had loads of scales over the years and never liked the readings lol - but seriously - I bought my current scales from Argos - the make is SALTER and they're slimline (unlike their owner!) and electronic and there's a function to show body fat and other stats which I used at the beginning but now just weigh myself.

I'm careful (if not OCD) about where I place them on my vinyl bathroom floor (I've found the place where they show the lightest weight - sad me!) and they're consistent - the casing is either high gloss black glass or maybe even a high quality plastic? They cost about £30 and I think they're the best ones I've ever had. I know they were still selling recently because a friend bought them.

Might I suggest that if you're not happy with whichever scales you buy next time - take them back with the receipt if they're no good eg: they fluctuate - according to the sales of goods act that means they're not fit for purpose - and you're entitled to a refund by law. Happy shopping and good luck with the dietx

Thank you. Well, before I bought these crappy ww ones I think I bought a salter and it went dead within a few days so got these ones. They are seriously not worth the money. I shall have a look. Good luck to you too :D

Mine are Salter. You can get them in a few different colours, not that the colour really matters. They store my little profile on there too :)

Mine are Salter. You can get them in a few different colours, not that the colour really matters. They store my little profile on there too :)

I'm definitely getting salter. I will be purchasing them today.

Thanks for you help everyone :D

ive recently bought salter ones from argos reduced to £16.99! they do weight, bmi, body fat and water i believe... havent figured out how to work the fancy bits yet tho lol

Its my weigh-in day tomorrow so I shall see how they go :)

Asda were selling Salter glass scales for £10 - I always find them the best they are most accurate.

I did have the weight watchers ones and they were out by about 3-5lbs!!

Back