Battling!

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Guys/girls
I am struggling!!! I just need to tell you so that it gives me accountablily.

I woke up today with a bad back/neck...something I suffer with having arthritis and neck spasms. It has got so bad today that I have had to leave work! I just couldnt cope with the pain, even with painkillers.

The 2 hour journey home has been a nightmare; my mind is trying to sabatage my LT shakes! I know I am just feeling sorry for myself. Worst thing is my hubby is working away tonight so not back till tomorrow, so I am all alone!!!!!!!!!!eeeeeeekkkkkkk

I have tried another strategy for tonight...I have just had my second shake, a soup, but just had half! I will have another half in an hour or so, and then my last shake later on! I need to keep tricking my mind I am eating.

I am so close yet so far and this is such a dicey time! I need to keep going no matter how sorry I feel. I will feel even worse tomorrow if I succumb!

oh hun i hope the pain has eased a bit with the pain killers ??
Whenever you or down or hit a barrier the first thing we do is think about food !!! as its a comfort to us.
Just carry on with your water, then have your soup, get a hot water bottle for your neck might ease a bit or maybe a hot bath ????
please dont give in you have done soooo well
you no the saying NOTHING TASTE BETTER THAN THIN FEELS !!!
good luck hun hope you feel better soon xxx

you said it all yourself hun, nothing is worth ruining all your hard work over! You might feel bad now but it's nothing like how you'll feel if you eat! Your on your own tonight so take the time to do stuff you normally don't have time for to keep yourself occupied! Nice long hot bath, paint your nails, watch a dvd/boxset, put photos in albums, play a computer game if you have one, keep on this forum or browse around littlewoods etc at clothes you'd like to get at goal, visit friends, go to the cinema etc etc etc just keep busy, tends to work for me! Hope you're doing ok hun xxxxxxxxxx you can do this :D

oh hun i hope the pain has eased a bit with the pain killers ??
Whenever you or down or hit a barrier the first thing we do is think about food !!! as its a comfort to us.
Just carry on with your water, then have your soup, get a hot water bottle for your neck might ease a bit or maybe a hot bath ????
please dont give in you have done soooo well
you no the saying NOTHING TASTE BETTER THAN THIN FEELS !!!
good luck hun hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks Happy. I intend to have a lovely hot bubbly bath, and then sit down to my Friday night glass of champagne :D (sparkly water to us LTers)!

I have calmed down a little since having some soup..phew, but I was so frightened I just needed to tell someone how I was feeling.

Thanks for your kind words! I am not giving in that easily, but boy it is hard!

you said it all yourself hun, nothing is worth ruining all your hard work over! You might feel bad now but it's nothing like how you'll feel if you eat! Your on your own tonight so take the time to do stuff you normally don't have time for to keep yourself occupied! Nice long hot bath, paint your nails, watch a dvd/boxset, put photos in albums, play a computer game if you have one, keep on this forum or browse around littlewoods etc at clothes you'd like to get at goal, visit friends, go to the cinema etc etc etc just keep busy, tends to work for me! Hope you're doing ok hun xxxxxxxxxx you can do this :D

Thanks Littlemiss.....I will opt for the bath, but cant even do my toenails as I cant bend down !!! And, oh, I will be on here a bit I reckon and FB :)

Hope the bath eases the pain a bit. Glad you hear you are "on top" of it now, have a lovely evening x

So glad you got through the tough part, its not worth feeling angry with yourself and inpain if you eat.

You have done so well, enjoy your pampering night and hope the pain eases soon.

Hi scotmist
Im glad your feeling a little better I hope you enjoy your bath. Thank you for your support. It's great when you come on here and say how you feel the answers you get from others really does help. Im not over how I am feeling at the minute but I have just had a nice bath and my 2nd shake. I hope I wake up tomorrow feeling different. Keep up the good work not long to go for you now. Im sure you will feel better for not caving in. xx:)

Hey Lady hope the bath did the trick, i would have one but scared to get into the bath with my hurt foot at the min. I may join you in the bubbly champers though. Btw if you cave then so will i and i will hold you fully responsible, hows that for bribing? lol

Hi scotmist
Im glad your feeling a little better I hope you enjoy your bath. Thank you for your support. It's great when you come on here and say how you feel the answers you get from others really does help. Im not over how I am feeling at the minute but I have just had a nice bath and my 2nd shake. I hope I wake up tomorrow feeling different. Keep up the good work not long to go for you now. Im sure you will feel better for not caving in. xx:)

It is so true....just knowing others are there to help you along your way! I just needed that tonight.

I had my bath and I feel so much better...the pain isnt so bad in my back, just in my neck, but can cope with that.

We will get there; food isnt the answer, not in the destructive way anyway! Only the healthy way when we eat again :) :)

Hey Lady hope the bath did the trick, i would have one but scared to get into the bath with my hurt foot at the min. I may join you in the bubbly champers though. Btw if you cave then so will i and i will hold you fully responsible, hows that for bribing? lol

hahahah - I love it!!!!!!! You are on, the challenge has started...we both need to NOT be naughty! It is 7:30 and I have just had my second half of my soup and I will have my McD's choc around 9pm and will maybe have an early night tonight...

STINKY! WE WILL GET THERE....JUST ANOTHER LITTLE HURDLE.

Hope you're feeling better now lovie. How did you get on during week 3? I found it the hardest week by far, so maybe that's what you're going through? If it is that I can guarantee that things get better - as long as you stick to it!. After a month on LT I felt better than I'd ever felt in my life (and still do).

Good luck

Jon
xx

Hi Jon

I had a little wobble on Wk 3, but now into Wk4, but I think I was feeling oh so sorry for myself and the old "self" as usual wanted to make it all better with food! The usual! but it was so strong, that I knew if I wrote on the forum it would have to go!!!

I feel so much better and the cravings have gone; just mind game!!!

Thanks for your support, and you are right, once that magic month comes, LT becomes almost second nature.

Onwards and downwards we go :)

I will have my McD's choc around 9pm .

My heart was in my mouth when i read that, then i realised what you meant. DAMN IT thought i was all lined up for being able to order a takeaway!:D

Guess i will opt for the old choccy milkshake for a change then:rolleyes:

:thankyou:

My heart was in my mouth when i read that, then i realised what you meant. DAMN IT thought i was all lined up for being able to order a takeaway!:D

Guess i will opt for the old choccy milkshake for a change then:rolleyes:

:thankyou:

:D:D:D:D oh you did make me giggle :)!!!! LT is not a patch on McDs especially when I make it ..hahahaha...no takeaway for you lady, no way!!!!

Scots I'm really pleased you're feeling better. I fell off the wagon last night - ish, I had 2 exante bars instead of LT shakes. Needed to chew and its week 3 - and I was really struggling last night... I couldn't get to the forum - and now I feel like its a crutch !! (the forum I mean).

I'm currently taking this one hour at a time, literally!

Looks like I'll be around all night too !!!

Caren. xxx

Iris, I hope you are feeling better this evening. I can sympathise with you as I have had a flare up of arthritis in my foot this week. Very, very painful and am running low on painkillers too!!! It is soooo tempting when we feel a bit low to think that pampering ourselves with food is the answer!!! But that is such a bad habit.
Anyway, very glad that you have been able to survive the day and hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
Early night for me anyway, that way food can't call me!!

Iris, I hope you are feeling better this evening. I can sympathise with you as I have had a flare up of arthritis in my foot this week. Very, very painful and am running low on painkillers too!!! It is soooo tempting when we feel a bit low to think that pampering ourselves with food is the answer!!! But that is such a bad habit.
Anyway, very glad that you have been able to survive the day and hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
Early night for me anyway, that way food can't call me!!

sorry to hear you are in pain too...hope you had an early night and you are feeling bettr today.
You are right, food is no answer and if anything just makes the situation worse...so, I am here for another day!

Back