BBQ Quorn Fajitas!!!

kt_baybeh

Gym Addict!!!
Hi, just thought i'd share my new discovery this weekend!

You Will Need:

Adsa Wholewheat Tortilla Wraps (4.5 syn)
1 pack quorn fajita strips
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper
Batchelors savoury rice

Ok So start with the rice, pop it in a pan and cover with boiling water, bring to boil and allow to simmer until water has evaporated.

BBQ sauce - add passata, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt and ground pepper, sweetener and chilli powder to saucepan, bring to boil and then allow to simmer and thicken (approx 15 mins)
Pop fajita strips in microwave for 1 minute, leave to stand
for 30 secs and then back in the microwave for a further 30 secs.

Pop the tortillas in microwave for 10 secs to warm, or you could lightly grill.

Put the fajita strips in the bbq sauce and stir in.
Put rice in a bowl, fajitas and sauce in one bowl and fajitas on a plate....and self serve!

This is a gret 15 minute meal and free on a green day, except tortillas are 4.5syns each!

I had one tortilla and then had a bowl of rice and fajita strips which was also lovely!!

Kate

mmm sounds good i will be trying this! though i will prob just use quorn chicken pieces as they are cheaper and easier to source than the bbq strips thanks for the suggestion though! i have never tried making bbq sauce sounds yum :)

X

defo up for some experimentation with this! :) i can get a hold of the fajita strips but have to go couple miles away to get them whereas theres an asda at the end of my street!

X

Hi, just thought i'd share my new discovery this weekend!

You Will Need:

Adsa Wholewheat Tortilla Wraps (4.5 syn)
1 pack quorn fajita strips
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper
Batchelors savoury rice

Ok So start with the rice, pop it in a pan and cover with boiling water, bring to boil and allow to simmer until water has evaporated.

BBQ sauce - add passata, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt and ground pepper, sweetener and chilli powder to saucepan, bring to boil and then allow to simmer and thicken (approx 15 mins)
Pop fajita strips in microwave for 1 minute, leave to stand
for 30 secs and then back in the microwave for a further 30 secs.

Pop the tortillas in microwave for 10 secs to warm, or you could lightly grill.

Put the fajita strips in the bbq sauce and stir in.
Put rice in a bowl, fajitas and sauce in one bowl and fajitas on a plate....and self serve!

This is a gret 15 minute meal and free on a green day, except tortillas are 4.5syns each!

I had one tortilla and then had a bowl of rice and fajita strips which was also lovely!!

Kate

Hey, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just wanted to say I found this recipe while searching for fajita ideas the other day and made the sauce and it was DEVINE, definitely making it again, thanks for sharing!

Just to clarify that these wraps are the mini ones - that is why they are so low in syns. The standard sized asda ones are about 10 syns each so don't make a mistake.

I used WW wraps anyway! 5 syns each.

Thanks Ellie - been trawling minimins for some fresh vege meal ideas and came across this! Sounds yummy xxx

Sounds delicious! So glad I came across this recipe, definitely going to be on my meal plans for next week.

Back