Bbq - what food to take?

rainbow_brite

Going to a BBQ at the weekend where I have to take some food. Apart from the obvious steak and chicken, what else could I take? What low syn sausages and burgers are the best? (I will be shopping at Sainsbury's tomorrow).
Thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If u have time u could make some rice or pasta salads. Pork kebabs on skewers are nice too. U could make some tzatziki with 0% fat Greek yoghurt, grated cucumber garlic and mint. Yummy and all free! Even if u take steak or chicken maybe u could marinade them to make them more interesting. I'm making myself hungry lol

What about making your own syn free burgers? Extra lean mince mixed with grated onion and a splash of soy sauce is how i usually make mine :drool:

I make my own burgers too... I some times put some garlic in mine with melted cheese on the top... Lush!

I sometimes add Paprika and Ceyenne pepper in the mix of mine to give them a lift and of course they are Syn Free.

I use sainsburys be good to yourself extra low fat cumberland sausages less than 3% fat (having them for tea tonight) and I like them = 0.5 each

Sainsburys be good to yourself chargrilled quaterpounders frozen = 2.5 each

Sainsburys butcher choice pork sausages less than 50% fat = 2.5 each

...no prizes for guessing where I shop! :p

Also for a BBQ I like to make to kebabs, skewer chuncks of lean meat (chicken/steak/pork... whatever you fancy) between chucks of onion and chunks of peppers and wooohooo... free kebabs! and looks colourful too!

Also for a BBQ I like to make to kebabs, skewer chuncks of lean meat (chicken/steak/pork... whatever you fancy) between chucks of onion and chunks of peppers and wooohooo... free kebabs! and looks colourful too!

Mushroom is also nice on the kebabs with the onion and peppers, mmm :drool: I'm making myself hungry now..

I like to make kebabs with chicken and then bits of peppers and mushrooms and bits of onion (red onion is especially yummy!). They take less time to cook than chicken, and it's easier to see when they're done, making them a bit less risky too! Enjoy yourself!

Back