Be happy for any advice or tips please?

Hi, I have started with Xenical today and have never tried anything like this before. I have tried and failed with just about every diet going and had a gastric band fitted in 2006 (worse thing I ever did!) joined S/W twice in last 3 years and also tried Cambridge last year, lost 2 stone but most of it went on again over Christmas and whilst on a cruise. So now I need to shift some weight before sons wedding next year.

I did a bit of research on Xenical after someone I know has lost 1.5 stones in 2-3 months on it, during a visit to my dr last week asked him about it and he agreed to give me a months supply to see how I get on. Said to eat low fat, plenty of fruit and veg and exercise.

I have read the notes and tips on here regarding the 5% fat and 15% fat for each meal. But I would be really interested to hear any food tips, if exercise helps more, what foods to avoid, any idea of how much I might loose, any other tips or advice in general would be fab? I joined a forum years ago whilst on Lipotrima nd found the support to be amazing so hoping for similar here. My biggest fear is a 'poo' situation due to my job this would be a nightmare for me!!!

Many thanks in advance for your help, advice or tips.:)

Hi & welcome. The stickie explains the main rules. Docs give us so little information which is why the support on here is invaluable. I don't know how your gastric band affects your appetite as in portion sizes but a lot of us use myfitnesspal to track our cals. If you stick to the 5g per 100g rule you will have no problems, well I never did. Invest in things like fry light for your cooking & extra light mayo. Lots of fruit & veg & shout if you're stuck. There is always one of us about to reply quite quickly.

Onwards & downwards
Xx

Welcome to the forum! Loads of help and advice on here - I'd also recommend downloading the 'My Fitness Pal' app to help you keep track of your daily fat and calorie intake.

Groomsfatmum.... Love your username!! :) how are you finding the xen? X

Hi Pudders, love your user name too!! As the name suggests trying to lose weight for my sons wedding!

Yes, im doing ok. lost 7lbs when I weighed after the first week so happy. I found the my fitness pal a bit difficult though. I had a gastirc band fitted in 2006 and due to the difficulties you get with eating couldn't eat bread, pasta, rice and a mound of other stuff so stuck with proteins and crispbreads. Band has not been of any working use for 2+ years. So have done a bit of S/W but no calorie counting for many years.

When I put in my stats on fitness pal it suggested around 1250 cals a day. Once my exercise was added I was allowed between 600-800 extra. So when I was following the 5% fat rule I was eating banana , raspberries and fat free yogurt for breakfast, ryvita and cottage cheese or tuna for lunch with salad, loads of salad or veg with fish, chicken, small piece of steak or similar for dinner. Snacks of fruit or veg sticks. But every day my sugar amount was over!! my protein was sometimes over but calories were under and kept getting messages saying at this level my body would go into starvation mode LOL LOL, so I gave up with it. So been sticking to mostly the 5% rule, I've given up eating butter, cheese, nibbles with my large quantities of wine :wave_cry: rarely had bread, few boiled potatoes, no sweet stuff and just eating healthily and it seems to be going ok. I am on a months trial to see how I get on, I have a bad knee and it is more about making permenant lifestyle changes, but of course losing weight for wedding too!

How are you getting on? Got any tips to share? thanks for your message x

It sounds like you're doing well! One of the great things about MFP is that you can nose through peoples food diaries for inspiration. That's my saving grace!
I'm getting on really well thanks. I came off the pills for a week as I've had a few things where I could still eat properly but needed to take the worry out of it! But am still on the case and will be jumping straight back on the pills on Tuesday ( after a customer visit where I'm eating with them and I have no choice in food!) They've advised sandwiches, so will just stick with the ham and ignore the choc and fizz but can't avoid the butter. I'm still eating as per the rules but am looking forward to weighing to see that I've still lost! ;-)
Have a great week! Good luck!

Back