Beach body for 2012

NicoleW

Bit of background first, my name is Nicole. I'm 22 and I'm a mum of 2 girls, one aged 5 years old and the other just 19 months old :) They are my world. I also have two dogs, a german shepherd cross and a boxer, a cat, a bearded dragnon called Hermione, 1 peublan milk snake, 1 sinaloan milk snake and 1 brazilian rainbow boa (chrismtas present from the OH!!)

Before I was pregnant with my first, (granted I was 15 at the time but still) I was fit, not necessarily healthy but I was weighing around 9stone. I put on about 6stone and reached a size 18. After dieting back and forth and joining this diet and that diet. Slimming world, weight watchers, Dukan, Cambridge, Harcombe Diet, amongst others, I've lost motivation, came depressed and the eating started.

I managed to lose 9lbs in 4 weeks just before Christmas, then some massive bills came in so I ate ... and ate... and ate. I am now 12stone. That's it, it's a new year, new start, new me. I've been prescribed antidepressent by the doctor and currently undergoing cognitive behaviour therapy. I've set myself a goal of going outside once every day doesn't matter if it's for 3 or 30 minutes, as long as I make the effort to go out. By February I want to start taking my pooches for a walk in the evening for 15 minutes every evening).

Here are my goals:
End of January: To have eaten three meals roughly the same time for at least 50% of days in the month.
To be going outside every day for fresh air
To start building a collection of recipes
To drink atleast 2 glasses of water a day.

I plan to switch most of my food to lighter versions, use turkey mince instead of beef mince, make my own sauces from scratch, remain positive, get myself a good variety of workout DVD's and try to do it when I can. I do a school run in the morning so I do 30 minutes moderate pace, then 20 minutes a bit faster pace and same again in the evening so I'm getting a bit of exercise :).

My dogs are like a walking personal trainer, and my ultimate goal would be to be able to walk them for an hour a day, it's not only lack of motivatino but time is an issue as well. I'm a Childminder and my partner works full time, I find it difficult walking two dogs with the pushchair though I could walk one at a time. Then by evening I'm so tired I can't be bothered, just sit around and play my computer!

Anyway I'll stop rambling now, about to take the dogs out. Going to set myself an easy target of 15 minutes, my thinking is the more I succeed the more motivation I'll get and the more positive I 'll be.

Oo well I just took the dogs out, and I've cleaned the bathroom and front room. Just had a cuppa with no sugar! Gosh I'm being a good girl today. Just about to take my measurements, now I'm nto sure whether to go by measurements or to go by weighing myself?

Butternut squash curry for dinner! This is my all time favourite.

Measurements are
Stomach 40in
Hips 41 in
Arms 13 in
Thighs 22.5 in

Woke up and had a mad cleaning hour, washed down all the walls in the kitchen so it's looking kind of lovely...

Decided going to paint next week, just do a fresh coat in the front room and tidy it all up a bit.

This morning I've not had my breakfast yet but I 'll be having oat so simple.

God knows for lunch and dinner as we have no money and no food in the house, just going to stretch to feed the kids today. Damn Christmas!

Feeling a bit deflated :(

My baby snakey won't eat, and I need to get out my kettleworx DVD, I've been naughty today and had some malteasers and a handful of peanut m & ms!

One naughty day is ok when you are doing so well.
I measure and weigh as I find this most acurate, that and to get into some clothes that no longer fit!

Thank you :)

B: two spoonfuls of porridge as I was running late!
L: leek and potato soup with one slice whole meal bread
D: diet coke chicken with SW chips and salad

Not tried Diet Coke Chicken yet so I'm a bit dubious

I've been really naughty! Made some whoopie pies with the kids last night and I ate three!

They were chocolate too with buttercream in, and I had a snickers and I haven't exercised for 2 days!

I've put on 1lb so far, so that's it back on track now.

B: Kiwi and glass of water (didn't have much in :( )
L: Pasta with spinach and ricotta
D: Diet coke turkey, egg noodles and stir fry vegetables.

S: Mullerlite, banana.

Also going to do 20 minutes of cardio today or 20 minutes of fast fat burn on my kettleworx.

Back