Beckis slimming world diary

mrs-s

Gold Member
I'm starting to get annoyed with myself now. I'm becoming abit pathetic with keep changing diets! Well Iv just joined slimming world online! I tried Cambridge last week and lost 9lbs but just couldn't keep it up. Done weight watchers and calorie counting a million times each but never tried slimming world so here I am! I'm Becki, 25, married with 3 small boys (5, 2.5 and 8 months!)
I'm doing a history degree with the OU along with looking after my babies :)
Currently 14st 5lbs and my aim is to get to 11st 7lbs In June last year after I had my youngest baby I was the biggest I've ever been at 17st 6lbs! It's slowly coming off with various diets but I just want to find something I can stick to. Hoping slimming world is the one for me!

Sounds like you have your hands full, I'm studying with the OU too and working and don't think I could fit kids into the mix. I think SW is a good long term plan, may not always be the faster way to loose weight but easier to stick to and keep it off I think. Good luck and look forward to reading your food diaries.

Thanks! What are you studying? x

So today is my first day, on the way to my OU day school in Leeds. Didn't think to plan ahead with food so planning to grab some fruit and yoghurt from boots for breakfast!
Any good lunch ideas I can pick up?

Thanks! What are you studying? x

Psychology & criminology. You?

I'm on my way to a tutorial in London also. Have some melon, boiled eggs & 2 hifi bars with me, most prepared I've ever been. Go straight to volunteering after so need to plan to make sure I'm good. If / when I get stuck I pick up a subway salad. There is a thread somewhere about low syns sandwiches etc, maybe try googling it.

I'm studying History! I picked up a muller light and some melon for break (breakfast) and got a skinny latte from Costa.. Can I use that milk as my HEX A?

Today's food!
B - skinny latte (HexA), melon, cherry muller light
L - chicken salad sub with light mayo (12 syns???) S - Apple slices
D - Hawaiian chicken (1.5syns), cottage cheese and salad
S - 2x choc fudge alpen lights (HexB) sweet popcorn options (2syns)

Total 15.5 syns

Can someone let me know if I'm doing it right? I know Iv gone over by .5 syns but i got thrown off by the subway! Wanted a salad but the queue took so long I didn't have time to sit down and had to eat it on the way back to uni!
Feeling slightly confused but very impressed with my first day. Iv eaten loads, felt satisfied all day and I feel like I've made smart choices considering my first day has been while I've been out all day at uni!
Volunteering tomorrow to help run the cafe at the community centre, they're selling bacon and egg sandwiches and cakes! Going to have a good breakfast and go prepared with snacks!

Last edited:
Looks good so far. Don't worry about 0.5 syns over, it happens. Start planning meals and free snacks such as egg muffins, meat, fruit and veg to take with you when you're out (and also for peckish moments at home) x

Looks good so far. Don't worry about 0.5 syns over, it happens. Start planning meals and free snacks such as egg muffins, meat, fruit and veg to take with you when you're out (and also for peckish moments at home) x

Thanks! I'm going to take some stuff with me today so I stay on plan x

Today's food -

B -
Strawberry liberte (1syn)
Blueberries

S -
Choc fudge alpen light (3syns)
3 mint tea

L -
Ham and lightest phili sandwich (HexB & 1syn)
Mango
Banana
Strawberry muller

S -
Mini choc muffin (4.5 syns)

D -
Spag Bol with cheese (HexA)

S -
Options Belgian choc mint (1.5syns)

Total syns - 11

Been a good day, can't wait for my spag Bol!

I'm studying History! I picked up a muller light and some melon for break (breakfast) and got a skinny latte from Costa.. Can I use that milk as my HEX A?

I believe you can yes, not sure on the measurements but would have thought it wouldn't be anywhere near over the allowance.

12 syns seems quite a few syns for a chicken subway salad with a bit of light mayo, have you just estimated that or found the info somewhere, I would have thought it would be lower.

Look here:

[h=2]Food Optimising with SUBWAY!!![/h]
26 September 2011 at 06:48
314619_257115317660037_475171962_n.jpg

You’ll find Subway sandwich shops on most high streets and with a little know-how, you can still enjoy the unique Subway flavours making the most of Free Foods like chicken, ham, turkey, steak, beef and piles of fresh salad. At Slimming World you really can have your sub – and eat it!
Our superb Subway guide will glide you through a Free Food frenzy and give you the pointers you need to make the very healthiest Food Optimising choices, along with hints and tips to avoid those sneaky hidden Syns here and at other sandwich shops – it’s easy when you have the know how!
One of the great things about Food Optimising is that bread isn’t ‘banned’ (as it is with some diets). Wholemeal bread sadly isn’t on the Subway menu, however if you want to enjoy a sub sandwich the 6-inch wheat, Italian or hearty Italian are the better options for 9 Syns each.
Italian cheese and herbs, hearty Italian, honey oat and wraps come in at between 10-12 Syns.
If you’d prefer to save your Syns and enjoy a fab Free lunch – opt for a ‘bread-free sub’…a huge salad bowl selection.
Subway has a selection of signature subs, or you can simply make up your own and knowing how this works with Food Optimising makes choosing a filling, delicious sub or salad easy peasy!
Great choices include: beef, chicken breast, steak, ham and turkey breast – all fab Free fillings and you can choose as many as you want!
The tuna is mixed with light mayonnaise, so estimate three or four Syns if you’re tempted.
Watch out for:

• Meatballs, pepperoni and salami – because they’re processed they tend to contain hidden extras, so they can be unexpectedly high in Syns.
  • Chicken breast fillet in breadcrumbs and chicken tikka both contain extra Syns because of their coatings.
  • Bacon will bump up the Syn value because Subway uses streaky/fatty bacon and this contains Syns.
  • The veggie pattie, although contains Free Foods like carrots, sweetcorn and red peppers has hidden extras – count 7-8 Syns for just the pattie.
  • At Subway there’s always the option to have cheese with your combo – count two slices as an extra 4-6 Syns – or choose to have yours without.
Wow – with all this salad to choose from, it’s a Food Optimiser’s dream!
Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, green peppers, pickles, jalapeños and tomatoes – ask the sandwich artist to pile it high, it’s all Free!
Count ½ Syn if you enjoy a sprinkle of olives on your sub or salad
Sauces in general are where a Free Food salad can quickly become packed with Syns. In Subway, you’re in charge so you can have as much or as little dressing as you like.
Count one or two Syns for sweet onion, honey mustard, hot chilli and BBQ sauce on your salad or sub.
And keep track of three to five Syns for creamy sauces such as light mayonnaise, Chipotle Southwest sauce and ranch dressing.
At Subway the breakfast subs on offer could blow your Syns for the day before you’ve even made it past the mid-morning rush! All breakfast subs are served in a 6-inch sub sandwich (9-12 Syns), the bacon isn’t lean (6 Syns) and the sausage isn’t Syn-free! (another 6 Syns – at least!)
To save yourself a stack load of Syns and still enjoy the delicious delights of a Subway, enjoy a Free hot breakfast at home that includes lean bacon, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms and enjoy a bread-free sub (or salad!) bursting with Free Foods for lunch or dinner!

3-5 syns for mayo and chicken could even work out to be free, so not over your limit at all.

I believe you can yes, not sure on the measurements but would have thought it wouldn't be anywhere near over the allowance. 12 syns seems quite a few syns for a chicken subway salad with a bit of light mayo, have you just estimated that or found the info somewhere, I would have thought it would be lower.

It's because I had the bread! I wanted a salad but the queue was so long I didn't have time to sit down with it so had to have it as a sandwich to walk back to uni with. 9 syns for Italian bread and 3 syns for abit of Mayo?

I didn't go up to 15 today anyway so swings and roundabouts I suppose!

Finding today abit harder because I need to go shopping but can't til Wednesday!

Had a strawberry muller for breakfast, with blueberries

Lunch was a baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and ham. My salad had gone soft :(
(3syns for lurpak lightest)

Dinner will be cheese leek and ham pasta n sauce (1)
Using the rest of my HexA milk allowance,

HexB - 2x alpen light bars for snacks x

Back on it today after a busy week,

Not eaten much today though!

B - 2x alpen light, (HexB) toffee muller, tea with milk (.5 syns)

L - scrambled egg, baked beans and plum tomatoes, (.5syns) for ketchup

I'm making chilli con carne potato skins tonight with mozzarella for my HexA and homemade coleslaw! looking forward to it

Back