Beckys food - please feel free to offer advice as new to sw (doing it at home)

becks1982

Hi all started last week and lost 4.5 lbs do on to week 2, please feel free to offer me some advice and tell me if I'm doing things wrong :),
Monday
B/fast ww Danish (wholemeal) x 2 slice - healthy b and laughing cow light healthy a

Lunch - super noodle (low fat) chicken and herb (free)
Alpen light bar 1/2 healthy b

Dinner Linda McCartney veg sausage free, chinese savoury rice and salad free
Mullet light free

Snack fruit - plum and apple & Alpen light bar 1/2 healthy b

Milk for tea healthy a

Pot if sugar free jelly 1 syn
2 short cake biscuits 4 syns

Attachments

• image-3955760598.jpg
    image-3955760598.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Tues

B/fast - just a cuppa as got the dentist at half 10 and it's not making me feel like eating lol

Lunch - Low fat super noodles (free)
Alpen low bar (hexB 1/2)

Dinner. Baked tatty and beans (free) And salad
Alpen low bar (hexB 1/2)

Snacks - apple, satsuma and cherries

Don't plan on Using any syns today as going to be mega good.

Hope everyone is well
Xx

Yeah doing green days not a huge meat lover :), yeah forgot to add
My milk as a healthy a, is it ok to feel quite bloated and will this feeling last ?

Thanks for letting me know I'm doing it right x

Wed

Breakfast - beans on toast (hexB)
Lunch - super noodles (low fat)

Dinner. - savoury rice and Linda Macartny sausage (red onion and rosemary)

Snack
Fruit - strawberry + pineapple
Kooks veg snacks 4 syns
2 Alpen light bars (hexB)

Milk for my tea (hexa)

Last edited:
Thurs

Mid morning - spicy tom mug shot (free)
Lunch 2x ryvita (hexB ) and laughing cow (hexa)
Dinner - cross and Blackwell Tom and herb pasta. (free) Alpen bar (1/2 hexB )

Snacks

Alpen bar (1/2 hexB )
Cherries and apple
Milk (hex a)

Syns 0

Fri

B/fast - 1 slice of ww Danish as toasts and laughing cow light (Hexa and hexB)

Lunch - mug shot
Alpen bar

Dinner backed totty and beans

Snacks
Alpen bar
Pineapple and strawberries
Apple

Last edited:
Sat wi day loss of 1.5lbs :)

Breakfast toast (hexB) and beans

Lunch - mug shot and ww yogurt Plus fruit

Dinner - chicken (hexB) and pitta bread
Salad and handful of chips
(to many syns but a treat)

Snacks

Freah fruit and Alpen bar (3 syns)
Milk for cuppa's (Hexa)

2x slice of hubby chicken pizza from takeaway prob about 3457736 syns lol

Last edited:
Back on it today as I was terrible yesterday lol.

Breakfast - cuppa as not feeling hungry milk (haxa)

Lunch - may be out so prob jacket pot with beans or 5 bean chilli if at weatherspoon poss 1.5 syns

Dinner - chicken breast (hexb) slice of bacon 3syns and mash pot with no butter

Snacks
We yogurt and lots of fruit

Syns tot - 4.5

Monday

B/fast - toast and laughing cow (hexa and hexb)

Lunch super noodles and alpen light (1/2 hexb)

Dinner pasta and sauce and lm sausage
Yogurt

Snacks

Fruit and alpen bar 1/2 hexa

Syns 0

Tues

Breakfast - not hungry

Lunch super noodles and Alpen bar (1/2 hexB)
Yogurt

Dinner - savoury rice and asda meat free chicken style fillet (3.5 syns)

Snack

Fruit -pineapple and oranges
Milk for cuppa (Hexa)
Alpen bar (1/2 hexB)

Syns used 3.5

Hey Becky,

Hope your week is going well. Congratulations on your loss so far :) I'm quite new to SW myself (I'm just going into week 8) but I'm going to give you the same advice that was given to me after my first week - use more syns! :) 5-15 each day is recommended but I was told that 10 is a good number each day when you're starting out. I've found that an average of 8 per day works best for me, so I tend to use a couple in cooking (sauces/olive oil etc) and then have a little treat in the evening like a Freddo (5 syns) or a couple of pink wafers (4 syns). If you make the most of your syns to start with, it means you've got something to reduce down when you get closer to target. If you have a read on the forum, people who get the biggest losses seem to use their syns well.

Just wanted to share that with you, as it's something which had really helped me. Being able to have a treat each day has kept me on the wagon :)

Also if you're doing green or red days (rather than EE) you can have 2 x HEXA and 2 HEXBs each day - might help you out if you're getting peckish!

Good luck with your journey!

Sarah x

Thanks so much Sarah was always unsure of
The syns as I'm doing this from home with a book my sister gave me, will Defo try and have more syns ( lol sound like a chore lmao) and have a few treats,

Thanks a million xx

I do SW online so have a PDF list if that would be any help to you? Or doing a search on here finds you the syn values of most things. It feels a bit wrong eating treats every day to start with, or at least it did for me, because I've always associated diets with eating less (I've done SlimFast before and dabbled a bit in WW). But you just have to trust the plan, because it works. I think it took me about 3 weeks to get my head round it, but 7 weeks on and I'm 15lbs down and couldn't be happier. xx

Miss_Corset said:
I do SW online so have a PDF list if that would be any help to you? Or doing a search on here finds you the syn values of most things. It feels a bit wrong eating treats every day to start with, or at least it did for me, because I've always associated diets with eating less (I've done SlimFast before and dabbled a bit in WW). But you just have to trust the plan, because it works. I think it took me about 3 weeks to get my head round it, but 7 weeks on and I'm 15lbs down and couldn't be happier. xx

Yeah I've done ww before and lost the bulk of my weight in that but counting points all the time got boring lol, I'm sure it will take a few weeks
Like you said to get my head around it, feels like I'm eating loads of food and stiff that would
Be high in points on ww and losing
Weight lol

Yeah that would would be great if u could send it to me, will I just out my email address on here or is that braking any rules :)

Xxx

I'm not sure about email addresses actually... When you get to 50 posts, you can use the private message system on here so you can send it to me from there? :)

I love the fact on SW you hardly have to weigh anything - I think that's why I never really did WW because I couldn't be bothered to be doing it all the time! And the fact you had to count fruit too - that never seemed fair! SW is definitely the diet for me. Can't wait to see how much I can shift before my holiday in September!

Have you got a particular target date in mind? And when's your WI day? xx

Was hoping to get back to 12 st 7lbs as that's the weight I always manage to get to before it all goes wrong lol. I lost most weight on we over last few year was at 17st 3 at my heaviest, now at 13 st 12 I've still a long way to go,

How about you hun

I was 12st 5lbs when I started and am currently 11st 4lbs. Want to get to 10st 5lbs by holiday - ideally less if I can! Got just over 12 weeks to go! :)

Miss_Corset said:
I was 12st 5lbs when I started and am currently 11st 4lbs. Want to get to 10st 5lbs by holiday - ideally less if I can! Got just over 12 weeks to go! :)

Wow that's a brilliant result hun, hope
I can do as well :),

Wed

Bfast toast and laughing cow (hexb + (hexa)

Lunch - super noodles and alpen bar (1/2hexb)

Dinner pasta and sauce with quorn sausages (2 syns )
and fruit - pineapple and strawberries and alpen bar (1/2 hexb)

Snacks
Kitkat 5.5 syns
Ww yogurt
Milk for cuppa (hexa)

Total syns 7.5

Last edited:
Back