Becoming CDC

PollyPerkins

Hi
I have just had my telephone interview to become a CDC and am pleased to say I passed this stage.
I just wondering what to expect from the training day and how hard is the assessment I have to complete after it

Do I take it home or have to complete it whilst im on the course

Is it hard
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

wow, i'd love to be a cdc too but there's no chance. last time i did cd one of my friends asked about cd so i told her, she'd put on a lot of weight being pregnant. she did cd then i told her that i wanted to be a cdc and then i got pregnant a month or so down the line. she then text me only a few days after i'd told her that i was pregnant to tell me that she was now a cdc. so pissed off as you can imagine. she'd taken my idea. the prob is that my cdc is really close to me about 5 mins away and she lives 5 mins away from me too. so i doubt that i could be a cdc as both are too close to me.

i was thinking of a way round it like going mobile though..... let me know how the training is, is it reasonable of very difficult. :D

Hi
I have just had my telephone interview to become a CDC and am pleased to say I passed this stage.
I just wondering what to expect from the training day and how hard is the assessment I have to complete after it

Do I take it home or have to complete it whilst im on the course

Is it hard
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Well done for getting through the interview. That was the bit I dreaded the most.

Firstly, you're not going to become a CDC ;) As we aren't called those any more. You are hoping to become a CWP C, which is a bit of a mouthful :D

Secondly, the training day is fab. Cambridge are excellent at these.

There's modules after that which are really good and you do at home. A bit time consuming if you don't know the diet inside out, but well worth the effort.

If you are an avid forum user, you'll find many of the questions really easy (depending on who's posts you read that is :D)

I wouldn't say any of it was hard, though being a mod of the cambridge forum for years, I guess I might have been already been one step ahead :D Even so, I would say it's fine for the majority, and there's plenty of support if you get stuck with anything.

Your sponsor should help you each step of the way.

Good luck. It's a grand job :clap:

KD- Thanks for the advise CWP c if definately a mouth full

Do you know if you have a test/ exam there or do you take the assessment booklet home to complete. I hate exams and always fall apart

hi well done on your interview, ive done the 1st training day it was good, even a bit of fun, then i had to complete questions at home which were easy if you read them right and listened at the training day lol,
then you have 3 months to complete 5 modules which can be a little more difficult, start them straight away as they do take time and alot of going through your training stuff to answer, i havnt quiet finished them yet ... then you have a second training day, which mine is coming up. ive been delayed due to an opperation and weight gain during this period, but its worth it im sure, i cant wait to get started once my weight is down a bit more.
good luck
ps, great things, dont worry about having more cwp c near by, you will all have different personalities and different things to offer, also you can go mobile if needed, i plan to do a bit of both xx

Hi Polly. Congratulations I passed mine on Tuesday...yay too. What date are you going? Mine is the 5th May:D

the prob is that my cdc is really close to me about 5 mins away and she lives 5 mins away from me too. so i doubt that i could be a cdc as both are too close to me.

i was thinking of a way round it like going mobile though..... let me know how the training is, is it reasonable of very difficult. :D
I woudnt worry too much, mine is only 8 miles away and is my sponsor. Head Office told me not to worry about treading on other 'CDW C's' (thanks KD;)) toes as no one has any priority over an area.

hey miss jelly tot. Yes i'm on the same course on the 5th may. small world yah. Was it Sam who did your interview ?
I'm really can't wait and really hope i pass this next stage

So tell me a bit about yourself

I'm 38 married, no children at the moment but starting IVF in the next month or so. I work full time for Virgin Media in there call centre in Sheffield.
I've been on Cambridge since last june and have lost 7 stone now.

Hi ya
Its all exciting, I want to go tomorrow! Yes Sam did my interview, lovely lady.
I will PM you rather than blabbing on and taking over.
I wonder if anyone else on here is going. Perhaps nearer the time we could start another thread. There could be a gang from minimins lol.

Claira/KD how long could the questions at home take me to complete? Are we taking hours or days? Thanks

Claira/KD how long could the questions at home take me to complete? Are we taking hours or days? Thanks

It's hard to say as it depends on how well you know the diet and how diets work in general. For me, it was a few hours. Just enough time to write the answers LOL, but then I had been moderating the forums and been at goal for a few years...along with having a hobby of researching diets :D It helped a lot :D

The only one that took some time and effort for me anyway, was the business module, which isn't my thing to be honest. I couldn't get my head around this section. Not because there was anything wrong with it, but it clashed with my perception of what I wanted to do...help anyone who wanted helping in it's most simplistic form.

So, for that module, I had to search for answers, read the info they supplied. Gutting. I left it until the end and procrastinated over it.

But anyway, you get a load of time, and can allocate a bit of time each day to do it and send each module off as it's done.

It's no big deal and well worth doing ;) After all, if people don't have a couple of hours free a day, or most days anyway to do this, then they don't have time to be one in the first place.

So in answer to your question...it depends, but it's very doable and the time it does take shouldn't be a problem for you.

That's not a very clear answer is it :confused:

thanks KD . It makes sense to me

What are the other modules you need to complete apart from the business one

hi girls, ive done 4 of the modules, the answers are in the paperwork supplied, and some stuff you have to work out, they are all reasonable to do, however i havnt finished the business one yet, and need to complete by tomorrow, im not very good at that bit like kd i want to help people loose the weight, but i dont have a vast business knowledge, im finding this one difficult, i would i have spent about 10hrs on the others, but i read really slowly, and ou need to read all the info, even if its not all relevent to the questions, it will help with becoming a cwp c.
i thought id get it done whilst recooperating from my breast reduction, but was so messed up b the strong drugs for weeks that i ended up leaving it to last minute, i would reccomend getting it done as soon as you get them xx
but it is all worth it xx

Back