been 100% on 2nd week but looks like a gain

chelle2010

Hi all,

Had a sneaky peak this morning (weighing tonight) and looks like a gain of about a pound, gutted as only lost 3.5 the first week and was hoping for at least 2 lb this week.

My typical days are

GREEN DAY
Breakfast - Baked Beans and scrambled egg (2eggs)
Lunch - 2 x mug shots
Dinner - stir fry, Ainsley coucous (1syn) and 70 g chicken (hexb)
Pudding - Mullerlight and fruit

late evening - 3 x ryvita (hexb) with chesse (hexb)

Syns
Sweet chilli sauce (3)
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Fruit thoughout the day

RED DAY
Breakfast - Scrambled egg (2) and wafer thin ham
Lunch - Chicken salad
Dinner - Chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese (hexb), new potatoes(hexb) and lots of veg
Pudding - Mullerlight and fruit

late evening - 2 x ww white bread (hexb) with chesse (hexb)

Syns
Salad cream (3)
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Fruit thoughout the day

Please let me know what you think, I have 5+ stone to lose and was hoping to lose more than this.

:sigh::sigh:

Please don't panic - the second week is notorious for STS/slight gain as your body has gone into shock with your new healthy eating plan and is just trying to hold on to what it can. Next week, as long as you stick with it, you should see a big loss :)

From week 3, your losses will become more regular and consistent. This is my 3rd time on SW and every time I've had a big loss on the first week, followed by 0.5 off the second week and then 3 or 4lb off the third week.

Don't be disheartened x

Omg I could have written this post! It's my second week too, been 100% too and scale not looking fab either! Determined to stick with it - good to know the second week is sometimes like this, make me feel less of a failure lol! Hopefully we will both be surprised by the scales when we weigh in - mines tonight at 7pm, gulp! Let me know how you get on - then we can look forward to next week!

Step away from the scales. If you were to do a search on 'sneaky peek' there are literally hundreds of posts from people saying exactly the same thing who then go on to lose. Your scales are not the SW ones and your weight naturally goes up and down from one day to the next. I could weigh two days running and be 3 or 4 lbs different. It is absolutely pointless, inaccurate and meaningless - so for your sanity (and ours) please don't do it. And as for 'only losing 3.5 lbs last week' well I'm speechless about that.

First of all, you are worrying for no reason. Your scales are different to the ones at group. Wait until you weigh in properly before panicing.
Secondly, there is no such thing as only lost 3.5lbs. Please don't preface any weight loss with only.
Thirdly - eat more superfree on a green day - replace one of those mugshots at lunch with some veg!

STOP MIDWEEK WEIGHING!!!

I lost 1.5lb in my first week.... 3.5lb is a very decent loss :D

I had that feeling on my 3rd week and was down 2lb. I have since hidden my scales in the attic. I was obsessing about weighing myself during the week. I nearly didnt go to get weighed in on the 3rd week cause i was so sure i had gained. Delighted that i did though.
Sneaky weigh ins are the devils work. Just focus on sticking to the plan and you will see the results.
Good luck.

Throw the scales away. Lol.

I weigh 2-6lb different in the morning to the night. I stopped weighing a while ago and it's the best thing I ever did.

Omg I could have written this post! It's my second week too, been 100% too and scale not looking fab either! Determined to stick with it - good to know the second week is sometimes like this, make me feel less of a failure lol! Hopefully we will both be surprised by the scales when we weigh in - mines tonight at 7pm, gulp! Let me know how you get on - then we can look forward to next week!

Hi, it was a sts, a little gutted but better than a gain, I am still in the zone so thats good. I will stick at it again this week and hope for a better lose next week. Hope you done well. x

Hi, well done on sts - def better than a gain and you may well have a big loss next week because of that! I lost 2lbs which is great but really was hoping for 2.5lbs as that would have given me my half stone - but hey ho that's in store for next week. Getting on with planning this weeks meals so I know I'll stay on plan 100% this week!
Hope you have a good week
Helen xx

Look at the positive. You thought you were going to have a gain but you didnt you sts. So put it behind you and carry on this week with the plan, you may see a big loss after a week staying the same.
Well done.

Back