been here before...or looking for the thin person inside of me

Mrs.S

Hi, I've been here before, but I have a feeling that this time is the time it will work.
Last year I've changed my eating habits and started cooking every day despite being home really late. I've lost some weight, but not a lot and then nothing at all. I went to see my GP, who has recommended I try eating low carb because of PCOS and insulin resistance. I've started that on 01/02/2016 and so far have lost 8.2 lbs. Now, I know that most of this will have been water weight, but I am also enjoying the food I eat and trying new things.
My GP made it very clear that this won't be short term, but is something I will need to keep up for the rest of my life, therefore I am trying to find something I think I will be able to keep up without feeling deprived. So far so good. I will never be able to cut out carbs completely, I love bread too much, but I haven't had any in the last 2 weeks and feel ok with that.

So here's hoping I will be here for the last time and get to know some nice people along the way :)

Sonja

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Well done on your loss so far.

xxxx

I have been doing ok so far. I have been eating regularly, which means 5 times a day and I have been cooking daily, both of which are big changes for me. I weigh in on Sundays and really hope I've lost some weight this week. I know I've lost quite a lot last week, but I am still hoping for at least a small loss this week.

I am enjoying my food so far and wanted to share some of my favourites with you.

View media item 4718View media item 4717View media item 4716View media item 4715View media item 4714View media item 4713

Hi Mrs S! I remember you from last year - you did really well, and I'm sure you'll do well again.
Love the pics.

How many cals in that ricotta on oatcakes?

Have had a good weekend, though no weight loss last week. Can't really complain seeing I lost 8.2 lbs the week before. We watched some movies: Spooks, The Lobster and Bridesmaids...all in all a good, lazy weekend

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: Natural Yoghurt, Soya Mild, Nuts, Seeds and Raspberries
Snack: a hard boiled egg
Lunch: Leftover Cauliflowe Salad with a Crème fraîche - mustard dressing
Snack: Gruyère cheese and grapes
Dinner: Egg Tortillas with tomatoes

We've had a slight change of plan yesterday...we've had chicken meat and salad instead of the Tortillas...
I'm really tired today and hope the day is over soon...

Todays' Plan:

Lunch: Leftover chicken meat and salad
Dinner: Egg Tortillas with tomatoes

Not a big fan of yesterday's dinner. I am really tired all the time at the moment, so I am quite proud that I still manage to prepare and cook all my meals every day. I can't wait for the days to get longer again...

Today's Plan:

Snack: 3 flourless, sugar free peanut butter biscuits
Lunch: Leftover Egg Tortillas with tomatoes
Dinner: Not sure yet...possibly crispy chinese tofu with salad

Dinner Plans have changed yesterday and we've made Quinoa Tabouleh. Although I am not a big fan of Coriander I still really liked it. It's fresh and filling, can imagine it goes well with fish.

I am also thinking about working with a personal trainer again. I am member of a gym, but I don't know what I'm doing.

Today's Plan:

Snack: 3 flourless, sugar free peanut butter biscuits
Lunch: Leftover Quinoa Tabouleh
Dinner: Chicken Breast with Cauliflower Mash (I think)

Yesterday's dinner was lovely, though a bit watery, so need to find a way to make it a bit thicker next time.
I've made my mind up and I will be getting a personal trainer. A got an offer: 200 GBP for 10 session, which I think is good and maybe these 10 sessions are enough to give me an idea of what I should be doing.

Today's Plan:

Lunch: Leftover Chicken Breast with Cauliflower Mash
Snack:3 flourless, sugar free peanut butter biscuits
Dinner: Chicken Breast with Mango Salsa and a small wholemeal pita bread

OMG!!!! I've lost 4lbs this week, this brings me to 19lbs in total. Can't believe it...this is the lowest effort I've ever made (in that I don't count anything and am enjoying my food), but the gratest success so far. I'm really happy and this keeps me motivated to keep on doing it.

Once I get paid on 25/02 I will contact the personal trainer and start excercising properly. Just happy now :)

So we didn't have Nut Burger, but instead had watercress sauce and some eggs. It was really nice, although I didn't really thing I'd like it.

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: Mixed Berries, seeds and nuts with yoghurt and soya milk
Snack: some dark chocolate and a pear
Lunch: Leftover Watercress sauce with Eggs
Dinner: Nut Burgers (probably)

Yesterday's Dinner was a hit, although - again - it wasn't Nut Burgers. We've had Satay Chicken with Asparagus and Peas.... SOOO GOOD!!!

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: Mixed Berries, seeds and nuts with yoghurt and soya milk
Lunch: Leftover Satay Chicken with Asparagus and Peas
Dinner: Nut Burgers (probably)

Back