Been on Xenical for 6 days now :) Is my diet good & need help with my exercise please

rosie1234

Silver Member
Hi guys. Today is my 6th day on Xenical. I have been getting the side effects unfortunately. Mainly in the mornings or during the day. Does Xenical work best with 30 minutes of exercise everyday? I am having problems finding exercises that I can do. My doctor has advised me to rest my left ankle for a few weeks so what exercises can I do please? It hurts to even walk on it on most days. Also I can't afford to go to a gym so I'm just looking to do exercises that I can do lying down or siting up.

Also could I please get some advice on what you think about my diet?

For breakfast I have either 2 wholegrain wheat bisks with semi- skimmed milk and 1 chopped banana on top...or any healthy cereal with semi-skimmed milk and a banana on top...or a fried egg on 3 slices of brown bread with thinly spread flora light......or porridge.

For lunch I sometimes have a salad...or chicken noodles...or tomato soup with buttered bread...or tuna sandwich...or pasta.

For dinner nearly everyday I have chicken breast fillets with pasta or rice...a few days I have mince with bolognese sauce with pasta or rice...and spaghetti bolognese on a few days.

If I am hungry during meals I have fruit.

Does this sound like a good diet along with taking Xenical? I can't afford much food so it is the best I can do.

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it :)

Hi

Your culprits for the tango effects is fried eggs, butter for definate. You need to use something like fry light if you want to fry food. Or get used to dry frying or grilling.

You need to eat foods that are 5g or less of fat per 100g with a maximum of 45 g per day.

My fitness pal is good for tracking calories and fat.

There's also a really good post for newbies in the sticky section at the top.

You don't need to exercise if you don't want to. It's not a requirement for taking orlistat but obviously is better for your health if you can exercise

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I see. I will try to change what you have said. Thank you :)

I have been using My Fitness Pal for a while and I find that helps :) Thank you for that :)

Hi Rosie! Yes, Kat is right, the eggs look like a culprit for getting the side effects, and obviously butter. The rest of your food sounds fine to me as long as it's suiting you and you're not too hungry! I gradually changed my diet to include more fruit and veg - I never used to get anywhere near to the old five a day, but niw I must get pretty close if not exceeding it every day. Mind you I think I probably eat too much fruit, lol. As I said on your other thread, and as Kat has confirned, exercise is not necessary for weight loss, on Xenical or any other plan, otherwise I wouldn't have lost any weight! So by all means rest your ankle like your doctor said, and just get back to it when you can - you don't need it to lose weight but it will benefit your health greatly. Keep posting on here and we'll all support you. xx

Oh, and also I suppose if you have a lot of mince that could be a problem with the Xenical unless it's lean, although I've never found it to be a problem myself. :)

Thank you Tracy. That is very helpful. I am slowly eating more fruit and veg. Today I had 3 bananas :) I keep thinking I will put on weight if I don't exercise lol. Without exercise, how much did you lose a week? Thanks again :)

Your body may have just been getting used to it, but just keep on watching the fat levels.

It's hard to say how much I used to lose a week because, as I mentioned on another thread of yours, I only used to get weighed every couple of months. All I do know is that between August 2011 and now I've lost 7 stone 2 pounds. But I've not gone mad at it, I've taken it steadily as that's the best way to lose and keep it off. I've gradually reduced my calories - started on 1800 and now eat 1400 - and after the first few months, when I was 100%, I started to have planned "treat day" when I allow myself some of my favourites like cake and cookies! :). Just be careful at Christnas!! xx

I will do thank you :) And oh yes sorry I forgot you said that you use to get weighed every couple of months. Was there a certain plan that you followed to what you ate or was it just healthy low calorie stuff? Christmas will be difficult lol. But I will try my best :) Thanks for all your help :)

I just concentrated on the calories at first, then gradually tried to introduce more healthy things, so where I used to have low calorie crisps, for example, I now have nuts, and I eat lits of fruit, both fresh and dried. I'm by no means perfect, I live on ready meals, but even so my diet is a lot better than it used to be!

At Christmas last year I allowed myself three days "off" and just stuck to it the rest of the time, and I'll probably do the same this year. xx

That sounds goods. You have lost a lot of weight so well done you :) I hope I am as successful as you. No side effects again today :) Just to let you know I am going to start a diary in the Xenical Diaries bit. I will start later on today and post in every Thursday when I weigh in.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
You're welcome. :) And thanks, I'm pleased with what I've managed to lose so far, just need to keep going. Glad you've had a side effect-free day again! I'll look out for your diary. xx

I've only just realised I started this thread in the Xenical Diaries bit. Sorry everyone. I thought I posted it just in the Orlistat (Xenical) bit. Sorry.

Back