• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Been preparing a little early!

Petey

Getting very excited for next week even though it doesnt start til Tuesday!

Popped into town earlier, stocked up on my Sugar Free Jelly, and managed to find the Total 0% Greek yoghurt in my local Sainsburys.

Even bought little round plastic containers so I can pre-make my jelly for the week and take it into work with me to have after my soup for lunch.

How does the jelly/yoghurt thing work? Is that a "snack" or does it count toward your meal for the day?

I know it will all be in the Week 2 booklet but Im intrigued!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Deb G

Silver Member
Jelly and Yog are FAB!!!!! If you have a quarter of the jelly and 100g of Greek Yog - its only 60cals and no fat! Perfect when you fancy something sweet. Does not count towards your meal All you count as a 'meal' is your protein choice with veg/salad. I had jelly and yog as puddings!

Ihave been wondering about that too Petey, was not too sure whether you have to have something like the jelly & yoghurt alongside your protein meal! It is the fruit i'm drooling over, i have soooooo missed fruit, but after reading a few of the posts realise that you have to watch your intake!! Keep up the good work Petey, you and i are going to be hand in hand [excuse the pun] throughout our RTM!!!! Janey xx

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
If you take a look at the management section of the LL site there is a list of serving sizes, you can actually have quite a bit of fruit for one serving (more than I thought anyway), but yes I think it is wise not to go too mad. I tend to stick to 3 servings a day.

Thanks Ali, have just managed to get logged into m/ment site,[ counsellor not long e.mailed me to let me know that it was ready for me to use] so look forward to browsing through it, looks already as if there is a lot of helpful info.
Janey xx

Petey

Thanks Ali, have just managed to get logged into m/ment site,[ counsellor not long e.mailed me to let me know that it was ready for me to use] so look forward to browsing through it, looks already as if there is a lot of helpful info.
Janey xx
I forgot to ask mine for my logon last week.

Have just emailed her to see if she can do it for me, otherwise will have to wait til Tuesday.

sugar free jelly and yogurt sound wonderful. I have spent today preparing for my first week of food. I have bought chicken, salmon, tuna and cottage cheese. i just dont know which to start with. TBH im really scared about pigging out as i havent had any food for 10 months now. i hope that my stomach really has shrunk so i dont feel like i want to eat all of the food in the fridge.

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
You will be totally fine sil, my stomach had definitely shrunk and that was only about 16 weeks.
I started out with mackerel and salmon on days 1 and 2 as they are quite moist on their own, I though chicken might be a bit dry.
Very filling though.

Petey

I found with the poultry based protein like chicken and turkey, that soaking the fillet in something like the garlic and balsamic marinade in a sealed bag over night in the fridge, then using a grilling machine (like a George Foreman thingy) kept it nice and moist.

Good tip Petey i'll be using that one as i do find chicken quite dry on it's own! Janey. xx