Been to the doctors....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by poohbearmufc, 17 March 2008 Social URL.

1. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    with pains that I have been getting and he thinks that Cambridge is agrivating it and doesn't like CD as it is a starvation diet (his words not mine)..

So he wants me to come off the diet, but I am in a quandry... what do I do??

Love

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

mm..thats a tough one. I guess it is really up to you. If you feel that bad maybe it would be best?

4. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh no - hope you're ok hun... What sort of pains!????

5. HCM

HCM Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Sorry to hear you are having pains.
    It is a tough one, but health comes first hope your feeling better soon.

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

It would be wrong of us to encourage you to ignore your Dr's advice. Perhaps you could talk to your CDC about the pains you are experiencing and get some advice from the Medical person at HQ? It might be possible for you to do one of the higher level programmes if SS is not for you. Wishing you all the best :hug99:

7. poohbearmufc

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    pains in my stomach.. like gallstone pain! but can't be as I don't have a gallbladder anymore...

Love

8. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Has your GP referred you for tests? Or has he just written it off as a problem caused by CD?

9. poohbearmufc

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    No he has given me some tablets to see if that helps, but he doesn't think ketosis is helping me as it is acid reflux too...?

Love

10. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'd be tempted to ask for further tests to be honest, they can't just blame it on something without investigating fully, there may be other underlying causes.

11. to lose long trek

to lose long trek Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    How much water were you drinking daily and how does that quantity vary from your norm.?

12. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Nikki - sorry to hear you are having more problems hun. I agree that you should ask for more tests - whether it is CD or not, you need to know what is going on. I agree, we can't endorse going against the GP, but he must have some basis for saying CD is casing it. Hence having some tests to rule out other causes.

How do you feel about going onto one of the higher plans for a bit?? You wouldn't be in ketosis, but can still lose pounds each week. Do you need to have food with the tablets you are on at the moment??

If you want to ring or email me, I'm free now - otherwise i'll check with you tomorrow to see how you are. B xxx

13. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

What a shame Nikki! I hope you get things sorted out.

14. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Nikki

I had similar pains in my tummy several years ago and after having a camera down my throat it turned out to be gastritis which is basically a very inflamed stomach lining irritated by acid. I was prescribed medication that Omeprazole which is an acid inhibitor and told to avoid irritants such as caffeine, ibruprofen, smoking etc. When I first started CD I did get quite an acidy tummy but after a week or so it settled down and upping the water helped. I think it's a tricky one as DQ said wouldn't want to advise you against what your doctor has said - perhaps eat normally, take the tablets and see if it settles down, then you could reconsider.

Hope you feel better soon hun

Gxx

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

is there another doctor within the same surgery you could see? Just to get a second opinion?

16. userfourtwenty

userfourtwenty Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I get these pains too, never had them before in my life. The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (the bees knees of health guidelines!) say you can SS for twelve weeks with no problems at all. CD only say s four but I can assure you it's safe to SS for twelve. I think the pains are heartburn, that's what mine turned out to be. It was like someone sticking a hot poker in my chest, awful.

17. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    When I was at my heaviest I used to get awful acid reflux and gastritis. The only thing that helped was the most expensive meds there are for this, and losing weight. When mu bmi got to 29 my heart burn went! That was the first symptom to reappear when my weight increased, so I had to restart my meds which I had been off for 18 months! BMI down to 29, and I could stop them again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.