Been told off by WW! Slapped Wrists!!

Tonic

So, went to my meeting today and have lost another 2.5lbs!! Plus reached my 10% goal! Was feeling pretty darned chuffed with myself till my leader told me off in front of the whole group for..... get this..... losing my weight too quickly!!![/B][/B]

I cant believe it!! Apparently on average I am losing 2.5lbs a week and I should only be losing between 1 and 2lbs a week.

Basically, I've lost 20lbs in 8 weeks and have another 15lbs to go to get to ultimate goal of 10 stone.... She said that I'm putting my heart at risk if I carry on losing at the rate I am and that they may not let me carry on being a member if I do!!! Now, I'm doing nothing different to any of you ladies - I eat all my 29 points per day, I dip into my weeklies at the weekend by about 10-15 points but thats all. I dont use all my weeklies as I just dont feel the need. I dont starve myself, I actually eat loads and feel like I'm eating all day!

I am happy losing an average of 1-2lbs a week but if I end up losing 2.5lbs in a week instead surely thats a good thing not a bad thing????? I'm not happy about her telling me I have to eat more and lose less... surely thats not the idea???
:confused::confused:

Thats a shocking attitude. Yes WW say 1 - 2lbs a week but good grief its not like youre losing half a stone a week. Ive never heard that happen before. I used to often lose more than 2lbs a week and when I went to classes my leader used to be thrilled for people who had any kind of loss, and if they were more than 2lbs she usually enthused and asked what they did differently.

Dont let her put you off - cannot believe she even said that :mad:

Firstly, well done you on your fantastic loss! Secondly, I would email ww and ask them for the official line on this and put your leader right (hopefully) next wk. I thought the whole point of ww was to recognise that everyone will get to goal if they follow the plan but some will do it quicker than others. It all depends on metabolism, shape, size etc surely? Keep doing what you're doing, no doubt the losses will probably slow down a bit soon anyway. Wish I had your problem though!! X

Thats a bit OTT I think, like starlight mentioned its not like you are losing 7 pounds a week and in some cases people with a lot of weight have had a stage where they lost 7+ pounds in week. Look at biggest looser people are losing masses of weight and if it was dangerous that show wouldn't exist, I am not agreeing that masses of weight loss in a week is healthy, and personally think the biggest looser isn't a very healthy approach to dieting but 2.5 pound a week is actually healthy and normal. I used to loose between 2.5-3 pounds a week doing sliming world and never heard my leader mention that was too much, in fact she would say how do you do it and be thrilled at my loss....Just carry on with what you are doing, yr on the right track, well done. xxx

That's ridiculous. I understand they don't want members starving themselves and losing weight really quickly, but that's obviously not what you're doing.
I'm guessing it is the official WW line, when I was doing online it also told me off for losing too quickly when my average loss went up to 2.5 lbs for a week (not that that lasted long) however even if it is, there should obviously be some discretion involved on the leader's part.
I know it's easier said than done but please don't let this detract from how pleased you are with your brilliant loss :)

>that they may not let me carry on being a member

this is absolutely ridiculous and not in WW's interest since you are a customer and paying them money! in my opinion this woman doesn't sound like she should be a leader; she certainly shouldn't be telling you off in front of the group. be proud of what you've achieved as it sounds like it's working extremely well for you :)

Thanks girls. I've emailed ww about it. I'm not happy with her as a leader in general anyway - she made a lady cry the other week as she had put on 2lbs (bearing in mind this woman became a widow a couple of months back and is in bits!).

I'm really happy with my weight loss so am gonna carry on regardless!!! Thanks for your support as ever girls! xx

Thanks girls. I've emailed ww about it. I'm not happy with her as a leader in general anyway - she made a lady cry the other week as she had put on 2lbs (bearing in mind this woman became a widow a couple of months back and is in bits!).

I'm really happy with my weight loss so am gonna carry on regardless!!! Thanks for your support as ever girls! xx

You do right emailing WW what a cow! Take no notice your doing amazingly!

what a horrible person, making someone cry because they put on weight, shes put on weight in the past obviously for her to be a consultant, ohhh I can really say nasty things about this lady, but nope Im gonna be polite:) u did the right thing love, seriously she isn't a very encouraging leader, this woman obviously has some issues, shes having a go at people for losing too much weight and for putting on weight, Thats a joke and half:) whats kind of leader is that, maybe the managers from ww should go into classes and monitor leaders because thats not right...

That's pants!! Well done you for losing weight so well-ignore silly people! Hope ww sort her out-keep up the good work ;)

She's clearly an idiot - well done on your losses hun! Wish I could lose that consistently! Be proud :) x

Well done and keep on doing what you are doing. You have reminded me of a horrible experience i had with a WW Helper, i jumped on the scales and lost my balance and she piped up (in full hearing distance) " you know that leaning forward on the scales gives you a different reading, now stand up straight!!" Needless to say, I never went back there, rude woman!

I got told off online, as I was losing on average 2.5lbs a week but my leader never said anything (YET) would be shocked if she did as I use all my dailies and some of my weeklies.

You did the right thing emailing ww, hopefully they will get back to you shortly as that is shocking from your leader.

well done on your losses and keep it up, you are doing great :D

Wow that's awful! Good call on the contact. I'd mention how awful she made the other lady feel too. She's obviously not very compassionate. I used to lose 4lb every totm week and regularly 2lb every other week - that equates the same and I got nothing but praise and admiration!

But well done, the last 15lb will slide off!

My god that is awful... now in my group there are people loosing approx 3lbs a week and no one has said anything to them about it!! Let us know what WW say about what she did to you... she really shouldnt be doing the job if she isnt encouraging even if you put weight on!!! Keep smiling your doing really well!!

WW probably want you to loss no more than 2lb per week to keep you dieting for longer and therefore paying longer, I can only agree with everyone else - please let us know when you hear back from your email query, sound like this lady needs to change her people skills, even if she did need to speak to someone she shouldn't do so infront of everyone - well done on all your hard work.

Veggie Dieter said:
WW probably want you to loss no more than 2lb per week to keep you dieting for longer and therefore paying longer, I can only agree with everyone else - please let us know when you hear back from your email query, sound like this lady needs to change her people skills, even if she did need to speak to someone she shouldn't do so infront of everyone - well done on all your hard work.

I don't think that's the case at all. To be fair It's generally accepted that 1 - 2 lbs a week is the healthiest rate to lose. Even people with nothing to gain from weight loss like GPs and dieticians quote that as a healthy rate. It would be irresponsible of a company like WW to promote a fast weight loss.

Last edited:
That woman shud be ashamed of herself. Being overweight is a sensitive issue for many of us and it kinda makes u feel naked and vunerable putting your weight out there in a room full of people and she is just abusing her position using her position of power to lord it all over everyone and belittle people!

She should be sensitive, understanding and kind as the leader not downright judgemental!! and as for saying you could be thrown out of WW she is NOT the owner of weight watchers so should not speak or make decisions on their behalf! Total cow!!!

Sounds like a classic power junkie. Thinks she's better than every1 else. Making a poor widowed lady cry HOW DARE SHE! you are adults. Your there because you want to lose weight not because you have to! Its not prison! and I think that poor woman had a more than good enuf excuse. DiSgRaCeFuLl!!!:( report her!!

I don't think that's the case at all. To be fair It's generally accepted that 1 - lbs a week is the healthiest rate to lose. Even people with nothing to gain from weight loss like GPs and dieticians quote that as a healthy rate. It would be irresponsible of a company like WW to promote a fast weight loss.

I certainly wouldn't say an average of 2.5lb a week was a fast weigh loss.

Back