Before it's too late...

LauraLooLa

Gold Member
I've found myself lurking around Mini's for a couple of weeks now and think it's time to come back! I've said this before and I admit to struggling to keep my head in the dieting game over the past few months so I guess we'll see.

A little about me, I joined back in April 2012, the support I received was invaluable and with a bit of CC, a tiny bit of Slim and Save and a smidge of JUDDDing I managed to go from 15st to around 10st. Yayyy! :D

I have no dramatic story to tell and I'm still around the low 10s. I should probably weigh myself, I think I was 10st 5 the other day. I'm still a size 10. So you may be wondering why I'm back? I can feel a change happening in the way I think/feel. Bad habits are creeping in, a lot of carelessness over how much I'm eating and what I'm eating. I want to start thinking about it again before I find myself back at 15st wondering what happened!

I think part of it is that I'm so used to how I look now (bored of it almost, which is so ungrateful of me!!) that I forget what I had to do to get here. I think I've been 10st something for almost a year. And another is that I'm happy :) I'm in a new relationship and already falling into the eating/drinking comfort trap. Luckily he likes to eat quite healthily throughout the week and goes to the gym regularly. We just go a bit crazy at the weekends :D

So that's my plan really, to stick to 1200-1400 calories a day Mon-Fri. Then not think too much about it at the weekend. I STILL want to push for 9st something/anything just to say I did it but really this is more about maintaining all of my hard work and not going off the rails (too much!).

Oh and I run 5k 3 times a week.

I should probably log in on my laptop and have a look at my stats, I have no idea what they say.

Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. X

Hi huni! Well done for staying in the 10's! Wow! I lost 4 st and put it all back on in 5 months or so! So I'm so impressed what your plan! Will keep up to date with you and se how it's done! X

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Hi huni! Well done for staying in the 10's! Wow! I lost 4 st and put it all back on in 5 months or so! So I'm so impressed what your plan! Will keep up to date with you and se how it's done! X

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Awww thanks. It's scary how fast it can go back on isn't it? I used to live in constant fear of gaining a couple of lbs and I think in some ways that did me good because it made me aware of what I was eating. But then there's a fine line between that and becoming obsessed :/
I'm looking for some kind of happy medium :D
I've just been looking at your diary. You seem so upbeat about it which is always a massive help! X

Awww thanks. It's scary how fast it can go back on isn't it? I used to live in constant fear of gaining a couple of lbs and I think in some ways that did me good because it made me aware of what I was eating. But then there's a fine line between that and becoming obsessed :/ I'm looking for some kind of happy medium :D I've just been looking at your diary. You seem so upbeat about it which is always a massive help! X

Yes very scary! I do feel better this time though. Take each day at a time :)

Xx

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Thank you :)

Made it through yesterday at about 1400 calories. Had yummy steak, asparagus, baby carrots and a bit of crusty bread for dinner. Yum. Better still, I didn't have to cook it! Yay.

Today/tomorrow are going to be difficult-ish, but I'm not going to sweat it. I've come far enough now to know 2 days of naughtiness can be undone as long as you get back on the wagon!

My best friend from back home is on her way up. We are going to be ladies who lunch (along with my 3 year old) then, once my little girl is at her Daddy's, we are going to get our glad rags on. I could choose a salad but that's not going to line my stomach is it?!

New size 10 LBD purchased. I'm looking forward to a serious girly night out, it's been a few months.

Tomorrow my hangover WILL dictate, no point trying to deny it. Here's to dancing off the calories!! Happy Friday :D

Thank you :) Made it through yesterday at about 1400 calories. Had yummy steak, asparagus, baby carrots and a bit of crusty bread for dinner. Yum. Better still, I didn't have to cook it! Yay. Today/tomorrow are going to be difficult-ish, but I'm not going to sweat it. I've come far enough now to know 2 days of naughtiness can be undone as long as you get back on the wagon! My best friend from back home is on her way up. We are going to be ladies who lunch (along with my 3 year old) then, once my little girl is at her Daddy's, we are going to get our glad rags on. I could choose a salad but that's not going to line my stomach is it?! New size 10 LBD purchased. I'm looking forward to a serious girly night out, it's been a few months. Tomorrow my hangover WILL dictate, no point trying to deny it. Here's to dancing off the calories!! Happy Friday :D

Have a lovely time! X

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Amazing night, there's a chance I'm still drunk, either that or I've had a lucky hangover escape!!!!
I've attached a pic but I swear that's not my face! X

Attachments

• image-1317606106.jpg
    image-1317606106.jpg
    641.2 KB · Views: 176
Love the dress :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using MiniMins.com mobile app

So I'm still here, still going. Had an absolutely fantastic weekend, I'm a ridiculously happy bunny at the minute! Yay.

I'm full of cold, for the second time in 3 weeks(!) so my plan for today is soup, soup and more soup.

Think I might have a weigh in tomorrow. I'm not expecting good numbers. Will fix it over the next few days though. Ready for the weekend! Ha. X

I'm back (again) and I feel like crying. I feel bloated and gross and I think the scales are up at least 5lbs. I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't know what to do...obviously, I 'know' what to do but it's like I don't want to do it. I've spent so long thinking about what I can and can't have it's like I've hit a wall and my inner 3 year old is stomping her feet and having a tantrum.
Everyday I wake up and start with good intentions then I just go a little crazy. I've not been able to run this week because of half term. Bleugh. I need a kick up the bum and to stop making excuses. Feeling hungry won't kill me but for some reason at the minute I can't handle the feeling!
The past couple of weeks I've had stomach ache, like TOTM is about to start but it hasn't and I feel like I need it to to make me feel better, does that make sense?! Does any of this make sense? Help!! :(

Hello Laura

Good to hear you're still around! Me too! I lurk a lot and post a little.

Have you weighed in? Do that, record it , and have a clear plan in your head. I'm the same as you. I maintain at 9 st 5 but its very difficult . When you say you take weekends off, what does this mean? Friday night through to Sunday? Now I was doing this and being strict during the week and my weight was creeping up. So now I just have Saturday where I eat what I fancy. It's always a nice evening meal and a pudding and I have some chocolate or biscuits during the day - but that's a couple of biscuits or one bar. The rest of that day I eat carefully

So boring but necessary. When I took whole weekends off I put on half a stone! So this is what is working for me right now

Here to follow you and kick you as required . Take this weekend off and re group for a proper stab at this on Monday would be my advice . Have Christmas as your goal and 9 stone 13 as your target. Nice and achievable no?

Hello Laura

Good to hear you're still around! Me too! I lurk a lot and post a little.

Have you weighed in? Do that, record it , and have a clear plan in your head. I'm the same as you. I maintain at 9 st 5 but its very difficult . When you say you take weekends off, what does this mean? Friday night through to Sunday? Now I was doing this and being strict during the week and my weight was creeping up. So now I just have Saturday where I eat what I fancy. It's always a nice evening meal and a pudding and I have some chocolate or biscuits during the day - but that's a couple of biscuits or one bar. The rest of that day I eat carefully

So boring but necessary. When I took whole weekends off I put on half a stone! So this is what is working for me right now

Here to follow you and kick you as required . Take this weekend off and re group for a proper stab at this on Monday would be my advice . Have Christmas as your goal and 9 stone 13 as your target. Nice and achievable no?

Thanks for taking the time to post GG. I do appreciate it but even while reading it I was thinking 'don't want to, don't want to, don't want to'. Ha, I've got issues at the minute!

My weekends off are normally Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, one meal, some snacks...and drinks (I need to cut down on the beer and wine empty calories), it had been working but now it's not. Such is life.

I know I can't eat how I'd like and how I consider a 'normal' person would but after 18 months of watching and counting and stressing I'm rebelling! The only problem is this rebellion is causing my bum to grow and that's the last thing I want! I'm feeling massively sorry for myself, but I'll sort it. I have to. There's no way I'm going back to how I was.

9st 13 for Xmas is completely doable (for everyone else...not the attitude, sorry!).

Monday is the day. Good old fashioned calorie counting. And sticking to it. And not feeling like the world is going to end if I'm hungry!
Grrrrrrrr!

You can do it! Self belief! Don't let your mind out added junk in your trunk. Think of all your hard work! Your quite the inspiration lovely! I started Monday at 15st 2lb im hoping for 10st! I know I can do it! I just gotta get myself there! Come on you can do this! X

You can do it! Self belief! Don't let your mind out added junk in your trunk. Think of all your hard work! Your quite the inspiration lovely! I started Monday at 15st 2lb im hoping for 10st! I know I can do it! I just gotta get myself there! Come on you can do this! X

Thank you! I know you're right, I think it's a mixture of forgetting what I had to do to get here and just not wanting to have to do it anymore. Also a weightlifting boyfriend who is actively bulking up probably doesn't help...actually, I'm just going to blame him. It's all his fault!

I'm the only person that can stop this before it goes too far, I just need to get my head back in the game.

You sound positive and like you actually want to be doing this rather than feeling like you have to. That's how I was and it does make a huge difference. You'll be where you want to be in no time. X

I'll keep popping to check your diary. :) xxx

Scales are evil!! During the week I was fighting back tears when I saw 10st 12.8lbs!!! I had no idea why or how I'd gone up by that much in such a short space of time. My stomach hadn't been feeling right for a couple of weeks so was hoping it may be that but that number made me feel rubbish, unattractive, like a failure. And then I found myself asking for help on here.

This morning I faced the scales again, part of me expecting to be back in the 11s, the other hoping to see an optimistic 10st 10...

10st 7!!! And I finally have TOTM. So only a lb or so up on what I'd been maintaining at which is fab considering it's TOTM. Gah. As I said, scales are evil! (But my evil friend this morning.)

Let me be a lesson to scales hoppers everywhere! Although I'm sure I'm not about to stop anytime soon :D

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be here on Monday needing support to finally get into the 9s. X

Back