Beginners exercise DVD

I'm totally new to exercise, it's been about 6 years since I did anything more than walk to the bus stop. I suffer from lower back problems, asthma and weight gain related knee & ankle problems. Can anybody recommend an exercise DVD that will help shift some inches without making my problems worse? I'm also limited with time due to work.

There is a series of "10 minute solution" DVDs around which focus on different areas such as fat-burning, abs, arms, pilates etc. I bought a couple of them when on offer in the supermarket after christmas but maybe they would be helpful to get you started? I also find that the Davina ones are a little more accessible and I really enjoy the cardio box sessions she does on each DVD, but maybe you would be better sticking to the 10 minute ones at first and see how you get on?

Well done for wanting to start exercise though! I used to be pretty phobic about getting out of breath a few years ago but actually really enjoy exercise now and do regular 9 mile walks and have joined a gym in the last week.

I LOVE Leslie Sansone walk at home dvds, you can get them on Amazon and ebay although I think qvc do them as well. It's basically a walking programme you do in your home (perfect for someone like me that uses the slightest bit of rain to get out of exercising!) and it's based on only 4 moves I think, like marching on the spot, gentle kicks etc..you work at your own intensity level just follow the pace. They come in dvds from 1 mile right up to 5 miles and there are jogging ones as well for when we get fitter :) Good luck xx

For me it's Beverley Callard Real Results. I tend to only do the 25 minute cardio as I don't like any of the 'floor work' in any exercise DVD.
It is easy to begin with but you can build it up. I did also like Mr Motivators 10 minute workouts but it hasn't been released on DVD :-(
BC's was released about 16 years ago, I've tried a lot over the years but I still go back to it.

I LOVE Leslie Sansone walk at home dvds, you can get them on Amazon and ebay although I think qvc do them as well. It's basically a walking programme you do in your home (perfect for someone like me that uses the slightest bit of rain to get out of exercising!) and it's based on only 4 moves I think, like marching on the spot, gentle kicks etc..you work at your own intensity level just follow the pace. They come in dvds from 1 mile right up to 5 miles and there are jogging ones as well for when we get fitter :) Good luck xx

I had a look at these on Amazon and was completely overwhelmed! Which one would you recommend for a total beginner who can't walk up the stairs without feeling like she needs an oxygen tank?!

There is a series of "10 minute solution" DVDs around which focus on different areas such as fat-burning, abs, arms, pilates etc. I bought a couple of them when on offer in the supermarket after christmas but maybe they would be helpful to get you started? I also find that the Davina ones are a little more accessible and I really enjoy the cardio box sessions she does on each DVD, but maybe you would be better sticking to the 10 minute ones at first and see how you get on.

Are there any 10 minute solutions dvds in particular that you'd recommend? Been reading the reviews on amazon & just find myself more and more confused now!

I had a look at these on Amazon and was completely overwhelmed! Which one would you recommend for a total beginner who can't walk up the stairs without feeling like she needs an oxygen tank?!

Sorry hun, I have been logging in on my phone and somehow managed to lose track of all the threads I posted in :( I would say go with the one mile, I think it's called 'Get up and get started' it's fab! x

Hi I have the 10 minute solutions pilates dvds and they are all good, just be careful not to push yourself too much. I have the D'Arcy bussell pilates and I think that would be great for you if you are worried about your health issues. It's very easy paced and very calming, good luckx

Back