Total Solution Bellebells Diary: Take two...

Bellebells

Hello,

As the title suggests this is my second time on Exante. The first was back in 2011 where I lost 3 stone in 3 months. I felt amazing going from 14 stone to 11 stone. There lied the problem. I felt amazing and after the event I was losing the weight for I thought oh I'll have a week off... A week led to two, a month led to 3 and now here I am- at almost 5 years later and I've put it all plus more back on.

For years I've said I would never do a vlcd again as as soon as I started eating 'normally' again I put it all back on. However over the last few months of trying and failing again and again at slimming world I've realised I put the weight back on not because I went to eating 'normally' but because I went to eating whatever the hell I wanted when I wanted because I felt I deserved it! No gradually adding food back into my life, no healthy choices just pure crap!

So here I am again ready to do it properly this time. Petrified of what is going to happen when I get to that point again but I think that will be a case of dealing with it when the time comes as I have a way to go yet.

Been on here since last Friday reading posts for inspiration and started day one yesterday at 15 stone 6.5 pounds...:(

Yesterday was so hard, last night I actually said to my husband (who is also doing it with me so no excuse to give up!) whilst heaving through a gooey caramel pudding (whilst he's sat there with his chocolate one all smug and happy) that I don't think I can physically do it again. Everything just tastes so disgusting! Even the jam and yoghurt bar which I was really excited about was vile. Not to mention the porridge oats that taste like a combination of 100 sweetner tablets and mixed veg! However he made me push through and finish it all, I had a gulp of water with each mouthful and went to bed happy.

Today is a new day and i got on the scales at 15.4 (sorry daily weigher here!) ✋ which obviously gave me motivation to go forward. Husband lost 5 the git! Was dreading today's menu but was pleasantly surprised with raspberry porridge oats and a few nibbles on my choc coconut bar. Obviously I'm not going to go as far to say they were 'nice' but don't seem to have that typical Exante taste so much that I remember from only a choice of 4 shakes and 2 bars 5 years ago!

So I'm off on holiday in late July and my goal for now is to try and get to a comfortable weight. Last time that was around the 11.8 mark. Obviously I'm not going to achieve that in time but I think as I am 1.5 stone heavier this time the 12.7 mark may be achieveable and give me the same comfortable feeling until I return. My ultimate goal is 10 stone, something I never got to last time and actually cannot ever remember looking down on the scales at...

Probably should add that 1st time round I tended to be 100% for 2-3weeks then when losses slowed I would have a weekend off then start again. I know this is not recommended and could prove to ruin it for some but for me it really helped. Yes I would gain 3/4lbs by the Monday but then the following Monday I would have a big loss again as in the first week which really kept me going and made up for what I had gained. Surprisingly I didn't find it hard to get back in the zone either. So although nothing planned as of yet I will be doing the same this time round if losses slow.

Well if you've got this far fair play, :0clapper: I tend to write essays without realising it... x

Hi and welcome.
Well done on your start.
It's a great group on here with lots of support but fab your husband is doing it too.
As you know the first week is the hardest!
I've been thinking long and hard about how I'll maintain if I ever get to goal and I'm not sure I have the answer yet but I'm a long way off so plenty of time to think it through!
Good luck on your journey x

Hello and welcome! Like MrsN said we have a lovely group here that are quick to help and support and with the added bonus of your husband you will be at goal for your hols I'm sure x

Hello,
My husband is doing it alongside me too. It is great having the support but hard in terms of competition when men tend to shift weight a little easier. I am currently battling and staying at about the same loss as him but he started only 1lb heavier than me and he has just started training for a half marathon so I know he will soon be wiping the floor with me.
You quickly find the loves and hates with exante and people seem to be very different with their tastes.

Good luck with the rest of your week

Hi bluebells and welcome - i could have written your first post, it toally reflects the cycles i go through!

Hey everyone, thank you. I was on minimins last time but couldn't for the life of me remember my username, password etc! But do remember if it wasn't for here I wouldn't have even got through the first day!

I am very lucky to have my husband doing it with me but yes I'm already feeling like he's winning! He's not even bothered by it either, says he quite likes the stuff which is kind of annoying as I want him to moan with me... But then that could prove lethal!

The trouble I found with slimming world was that I would do so well during the week, lose 4-5lbs and then think that Saturday night takeaway and a few beverages can't do that much harm as I've stuffed my face all week anyway! With Exante I know it does harm and so am more scared to go anywhere near it.

Getting to goal weight and transitioning to real food again is something I am going to thoroughly research and commit to this time. I can't go through this all again!

About to have my gooey chocolate pudding, def ordering dinners next time as I haven't got a sweet tooth at all but thought I would get through better with stuff I wouldn't normally eat! How wrong was I... Saying that I haven't struggled at all today. Just the psychological side of it really, knowing it's going to be a while before I eat anything again.

I'm yet to get through a whole diary as don't get much time to get on here but am making it my mission this week to do so as reading them really does help. Xx

I love having my quiet time reading through all the other diaries but it is quite time consuming isn't it!

I love the Indian style curry with rice as it feels like a proper meal to me

I like the curry too and bulk it up with grated cauliflower rice so it seems like a proper meal.

Welcome Bellebells! Hopefully you will find some packs that you like - seems there is so much choice on this diet compared to what they had in the past. I've found my tastebuds have changed over the past few weeks too, and stuff I originally hated I now actually quite like. I'm actually a little bit obsessed with the noodles....

Hi Bellebells, welcome and good luck.

I tend to approach this diet a little like you did the first time round. I've been doing four full weeks of 100% TS then have a week where I add in extra calories. I've gained a bit in the off diet weeks, but lost that and more the following week. We gotta do what works!

So Day 3 is nearly over and I cannot believe how much I am NOT struggling... Don't want to speak too soon but other than slight fuzziness in my head and going a bit dizzy when I get up too fast I am actually doing this! Not even hungry and haven't batted an eyelid at cooking the kids tea for the last three nights, leftovers went straight in the bin!

Water intake is 2litres a day easily so hoping to up this over the next few days to 3. Also noticed that stuff isn't tasting as bad anymore. Again still not nice but that lingering taste is slowly going. I'm seeing everything as fuel, not food and for me that is key to getting through. Also took measurements and photos yesterday (hid them in a secret app) as I remember that really helped last time. Speaking of apps is there not a minimins one anymore? I couldn't find it when I looked just now.

Also I am 15.1 & 1/2 today, making -5lbs. Would love to see 14 anything on the scales tomorrow but not relying on it. Would just give me that boost I think. Husband now -7 1/2lbs in two days, told him I wouldn't be surprised if he is minus a stone by Monday the lucky sod!

I just hope I manage to keep this positivity going for at least another two weeks. The weekend will be the test. Think I may need to calm down a bit though as really rushing around and doing a lot at the minute. But have a day off work tomorrow so the plan is to relax and begin the task of reading diaries fully for even more motivation ;)

Hope everyone has had a great day xx

15.0 on the nose today... The 14's are so close I can taste them! Fearing waking up to a sts tomorrow as I know it has to stall at some point. If that happens I'll be a nightmare as I know tomorrow will be my toughest day. I really don't struggle with any diet during the week but when it comes to a Friday night and my house is sparkling clean and the food shop has been delivered it is my time to relax with alcohol :p It is literally my favourite time of the week and now it's gone... For now anyway. So going to distract myself by going shoe shopping and swerving the full house clean until Sunday. Just need to get out of the routine and habit of it and I'll be fine- I hope!

Taste buds are changing, things are actually starting to taste ok now. I love the choc coconut bar and the peanut butter one, still forcing down the porridge though. If I could get away with 3 bars a day I'd be sorted! I'm ordering stuff fornightly for now whilst getting to know what we do and don't like so looking forward to ordering some meals next week. From what I have read it seems the sweet n sour and spag Bol are quite popular so going to start with them. X

Put your feet up tomorrow night with some fizzy water in a wine glass and it'll feel like the real thing

So last night was awful. But got through 100 % and about to get through my first Saturday night with no alcohol and naughty food for the first time in I can't remember when! 14.11 3/4 today. Just have to keep telling myself not to undo all my hard work so far....

You can do it!
Imagine how nice it will feel to be able to let your hair down and celebrate Saturday night when you hit goal

Keep going, this isn't for life and you can have a Saturday night treat when you get where you want to be x

You can do it!
Imagine how nice it will feel to be able to let your hair down and celebrate Saturday night when you hit goal

This is the only thing keeping me going! That is what I keep telling myself, that I will enjoy that takeaway soo much more when I am slim! X

Keep going, this isn't for life and you can have a Saturday night treat when you get where you want to be x
Again very true, so far so good. Going to sit down and watch bgt now whilst glugging my water instead of my lager! Thanks ladies. Hope you have a good night xx

Back