Belly ache from Bars?

Hey everyone :) I am currently finishing off the last of my LL packs and starting SS on Monday.
On LL my stomach could not handle the bars. I would bloat, get cramps, and just generally feel pretty horrible. Does anyone have this problem with SS bars? Or did anyone have this problem with LL and not with SS?

I have ordered just shakes and meals and a sample of each bar just to be on the safe side. I really want to be able to have the bars! haha x x

I've never had a problem, and I can admit to having 4 bars once on a really bad 'binge' day :( the bars are very small, 35g, about the size of a Penguin biscuit. Dense though, I always either chop them up and eat over an hour or nibble away!

yes , not me but some people have had problems with the bars , bloating , stomache ache and diarrhoea

most people are fine with them , but I think there is something in them that some people just cant tolerate

thanks very much :) really want to be able to stomach them as the LL were quite tasty!
thanks again x x

I find that they can give me a bit of a sore tummy but depends what I've eaten before hand. They are (well the truffa bars) wicked and a lifesaver to me :)

One thing to realise is that the bars on SnS are much smaller than those on LL, although I think they're much tastier too! The SnS ones are only around 135 calories each too.

I know this thread was started a long time ago but thought I'd add my twopence worth in! When I tried lighterlife I couldn't stomach the bars. My consultant told me I'd had a reaction to the maltitol syrup found in the bars which if you google it, the side effects are as you've described. Not pleasant. With slim and save, I've been fine with the bars. I believe the former banana bar and the muesli bar contain it but I've not had them. I tend to have the Truffa and lemon bars and have been ok with them.

Back