Belly flab/apron - does it ever go?

Bellisdaisy

Hi all!!

I am heading towards a two stone loss so far and have about another 3 to go. I am noticing that my thighs are a bit thinner and the part of my torso beneath my boobs (but above my belly) is thinner but I am still left with a big saggy apron of skin/fat on my belly :(

I am quite fit - I do spinning twice a week without fail and do legs bums and tums a couple of times per month but the gut is remaining! I was just wondering if other people who have been a similar weight to me and have a similar target weight, have lost the belly when they get to target? I am worried that as I have had children it is just going to be a huge pile of excess skin that is going to get saggier and saggier when there is less fat to plump it out? :D

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Bells

Did you have a C-section with any of your children? I did and I'm left with the classic 'apron' which will never go :(

I CAN make it smaller though :D

P x

Nope! I had normal deliveries with all four of mine - including twins!! I'm guessing the elasticity won't be what it was after 3 pregnancies though :( I'll keep working on it though and hope for the best! X

I have only one child, not CS. I have lost nearly three stone and my apron is definately smaller. Whether it disappears completely will remain to be seen, but I have noticed its at least half what it was because there is less to hold when I go to the loo LOL, and I've noticed I can see below it too.

Persevere hun, two stone is great, you'll be getting there.

Hi Bell

I'm the same. I have had two children and I am an apple shape, so ALWAYS hold the extra flab on my belly.

My apron is definitely smaller, and as Dukanfatty said, I have noticed that I can see more below it now too!!

I'm sure I will ALWAYS have a belly, as even when I was younger and slimmer (those were the days!), I never had a flat stomach.

It's what high waisted trousers were invented for!

Seriously though, I'm not really thinking about what my skin will end up like, as it seems to be shrinking with the rest of me.

If needs be, I could always win the lottery and get a tummy-tuck!!

Ive had my apron for 20 years.... i think its smaller than it was when i was at my slimest after having my son ... dont think it will ever disapeer completely but im happy with how it looks

Hiya, I've had two natural births and just lost a little more than you and no flap of belly. Hopefully as fit as you sound you should be ok. If not doing it now get doing sit ups .....the best exercise I have found for the belly area. But good on your 2 st weight loss! Saska x

I have had 3 natural deliveries and have an apron like a c section and it has got a bit smaller or to be more accurate it has deflated so looks just as bad but in a different way

Hi I've got three children and have lost seven stone on dukan and when I first lost it my belly was very saggy loose skin but its much much better now and I don't exercise - my theory is that you must lose the fat much quicker than your skin can adjust to so give it time and I'm sure it will get better - my babies were all big too! The last one was nearly 10lb !! Ouch!! :)

I am new and just starting the plan today. I just read in the book to give skin 6 months to catch up. He said after 6 months, that is the result to expect. He does list specific exercises for the belly, buttocks, arms, and legs towards the back of the book.

There are some good exercises in the book and online, I aren't bothered if it takes the six months, so long as it goes LOL.

My belly flab has sorted itself out since losing my seven stone - it was very loose and saggy at first but it's adjusted to my new shape - it's my boobs that need sorting!! Lost a lot up there since losing weight could do with some toning up exercises!!!!

Back