Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Benefibre

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by WelshCupcake, 14 March 2011 Social URL.

1. WelshCupcake

WelshCupcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.99%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi all :) Is this allowed on atkins? It has wheat dextrin as an ingrediant and was not sure whether this is ok so thought I would check in with the experts. Feeling a bit backed up so need something easy to get hold of.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    If it's fibre it won't make any difference but I think it has a very small carb count? 0.5g per serving or something? Also it's likely to be soluble fibre which (apologies for the graphic nature of this post...) acts as a sponge but doesn't push it out. You might be better with insoluble fibre which is best from veg! Or get some Blue Diamond Almonds (6g fibre a packet) or some Joseph's pitas which have a noticeble fibre content. Or have a MiM! Linseeds are packed with fibre.

4. WelshCupcake

WelshCupcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.99%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks james :) I have been on the MiMs but needed something extra. I will get some pysilium husks when I am in town just wanted something easy to use until I can. Maybe will have a mim in the morning instead of my usual omelette but worried it won't fill me til lunch.

5. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I've been using it since day 1 and it's recommended on several ketogenic VLCDs so it shouldn't cause you a problem. If you're bunged up though you don't want fibre as fibre bulks things up and makes it harder to go. Stay off the fibre, take a laxative, then start the fibre to keep you regular.

(oh the wealth of info you learn on vlcds)

6. tazbabe

tazbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.39%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    2 senna or ducolax tablets at bedtime should help.

7. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

How very true about the VLCDs! ha ha x

8. WelshCupcake

WelshCupcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.99%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks everyone I got some senokot and have had some relief but gonna to carry on for a few days as still feel bunged up.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.