• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

benefits advice

You should be entitled to working tax credits if you have children under 16 and are working more than 16 hours - so that would be one for your husband to look at.

If you ask the Job Centre, they can do a calculation called 'Better off calculation', which looks at what you're getting now, what you're entitled to, and how it would change doing different levels of work - sometimes the difference between 1/2 hour can make the difference of a couple of hundred pounds a month.

sometimes the difference between 1/2 hour can make the difference of a couple of hundred pounds a month.
This is sooooooooo wrong!!! :mad:
It really is a crazy system isn't it?

Depending on what your husband earns (I'm not asking, by the way) you should be entitled to some sort of tax credits - I think if the joint income is under 48K then you get something, even if it's the £50 odd pound a month.
I'm no expert, I only got it for a small amount of time.

I used to work with people on benefits, and sometimes the smallest difference in hours means they can actually afford to go back to work. I always thought a more graduated system would make sense, rather than a straight cut-off for entitlements. We had people who were desperate to work, but because of the hours available, just meant they would be worse off - Bonkers system!!