Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

Congratulations you have achieved so much and must be feeling fantastic. Getting your 9st award is just the perfect Xmas pressie to yourself

That's the Christmas fun over with. I over indulged. I managed to get 50 miles on the bike which helped a little but over the past week I've had far too much food which clearly isn't good for you! Having not had a sausage or pizza for over 6 months, given the opportunity I jumped at them. Fudge, biscuits, chocolate bars, crisps, all demolished.

As a result I've put on 3lbs this week. 30 weeks of losses and 1 week with a gain so far. It's now time to get back on track. One thing I didn't want to do last week was have too much and go back over my 9st loss mark and I did that.

The positives to take from this week are seeing relatives who haven't seen my for 5 months and the shock on their faces!

I also managed to grab a few bargains at the next sale and was amazed to find that I fit into jeans 12 inches smaller than I started in and into an XL top, something which I haven't fitted in to for probably 15 years.

200.webp

Another 40 miles done this week on the bike but the Christmas food is still around and I'm still giving in to the temptation, not helped with my wife saying how amazingly well I've done and it won't hurt if I help her eat all this before she starts properly with me. Burger and chips at the o2 arena yesterday, chinese the night before, a pack of aldi special chocolate (who would've thought aldi chocolate would be so nice!), mini sausage rolls in the fridge, pringles everywhere. HELP!!!

I had really bad heartburn before bed last night, something I've not had before. I'm going to just blame the food I ate during the day and not look into it properly and get back on plan. I already feel like my clothes aren't fitting as well and I felt huge in the o2 yesterday sat next to a bloke who was apparently the same size as I used to be but I felt like I was on par with him now, it's really strange how the mind works.

The wife is back to work today and I'm working from home. Some stage today I am emptying our junk food cupboard and sorting it out. I won't bin it but I will pile a bit up for either of us to take to work and share with people. Usually happens first week back at work, a kitchen full of choc and biscuits and no one touching them due to their new years resolutions. Someones birthday in Feb and the donuts last less than 5 mins in the kitchen!

Anyway, I'm here despite failing because I feel if I don't post in here I will be ignoring my failure and could spiral further out of control. No more chocolate, no more crisps (off plan... lunch crisps still happening with syns), no more burgers, sausage rolls etc! I will hit target this year.

Well done with your 9st loss. I've just been catching up on your diary since I fell off the wagon in Oct. You are doing incredible. The next sale is great. I picked up some great deals for my skinnier self and my daughter. Happy New Year.

Thanks!

A good week on the bike for me with a consistent 5 days of commuting to work (I often work from home 2 days a week due to the kids needing picking up etc). 68 miles done on the bike, fully on plan with slimming world and 4lbs off :)

A bit of a crap week at work with being told I have to travel to central europe in a couple of weeks time to train some people. I had a quick look and found the temperature is going to be between -4 and -8 when I'm out there! I realised I own no jumpers suitable for work in my clothing size so took a trip to tesco to see if I would fit into anything there and was surprised to see an XL fitted well. Usually I would have an issue with the length due to my gut so the top would sit around my belly button and I'd have belly hanging out so could never buy stuff, these are fitting perfectly now. I do however need to buy a few bits of warmer clothing.

Unfortunately, looking at my next order, 50% of the stuff may have to be sent back as I ordered a bigger size!

Thanks to other threads I've found the program "How to Lose Weight Well" and have binged watched a few episodes of these. It's good to see how much better slimming world seems than some of these other diets which don't offer the variety of food or seem to want to punish you to lose weight! It's also opened me up to a few meals which are recommended on other diets, especially the buddha bowl. I'm now going to look into some variations of that and see what would work for me.

Amazing Bert. Great to fit into something you don't expect. Such a brilliant non scale victory.

Buddah bowls are fab. Great energy sources. I find using hexa almond milk or some hexb nuts and seeds work really well with it. I'm a big fan of Goji berries on top.

Bert well done on yet another good loss.

If you have time, buy your warmer clothes in europe when you get there. They cater better for the climate as they know how cold it gets there.

Thanks!

I'd love to but I'm in a small town in the middle of nowhere, being picked up by taxi from the airport straight to the office then taxi to and from the hotel. The only shops I will see are in the airport and they sell fast food and duty free alcohol and cigarettes! Unfortunately it's not the most touristy of places.

I've bought a few jumpers from next so I'll give them a go and probably end up returning most!

Tip to London tomorrow to get my passport with 4 hours of waiting to receive it, hoping the weather is good so I can get some steps in rather than sit in a coffee shop. We'll see tomorrow how I'm feeling!

Another 3.5lbs down this week.

A bit lazier this week with the bike, only two days commuting to work (2 spokes broke off so I had to get the wheel fixed one day then and had a boiler engineer coming over another). One day in London to get my passport so managed 20k steps that day doing a bit of sightseeing and park walking waiting for the passport to be processed. Stuck to the plan 100% all week with the food again though although I overindulged on the chips last night, accidentally chopped one spud too many and had enough chips for a family, I didn't think twice about finishing them off though!

Been talking to my uncle this morning who started slimming world at the end of last year. Surprised to hear he has managed to do the park run this morning in a pretty decent time. I downloaded the couch to 5k app last week with the intention of giving it a go as well, I'm now more inspired to start.

5 days of commuting by bike in the rain and snow next week planned.

Today will be tough! I used to have a season ticket at Tottenham and go up every week and the odd away game. I gave it up to save money for a house and start a family.

Today is my first game in probably 5 years. Away to Fulham. My favourite away game which would often also include a few beers. This time we’re getting a boat from Westminster to Putney. All Spurs fans with two bars and a disco! A few years ago this would’ve been me hammered! Today, I think I’ll be the only sober one on the boat! Food is going to be an issue too! Hopefully the boat doesn’t sink.

Thanks,

Yesterday was good and bad!

The good was the football and the end of the boat with everyone along the thames gathering to watch the 200+ of us on the boat! The bad was the food and drink. I had a bowl of fruit and yoghurt at 0700, left the house at 0815, boat at 1130, 2 pints of diet coke between 1130 and 1330. A bit of a rush to the football and then after they all wanted to go to the pub for a drink then it was 3 trains to get home. Got home at 2110 and my wife had made me dinner which i followed up with another bowl of fruit and yoghurt with two alpen light bars and two pints of water. The lack of drink and food during the day did me in as did eating that late at night as I was still finishing it off at gone 10. Weighed in at a loss of 0.2lbs this morning but didn't feel good for it (I also had gained yesterday morning on my weigh in on Saturday after a very lazy day!).

The bike in this morning felt good though, I did however think I was going to lose my fingers and toes to the temperature. My mate also cycles in and has a computer which measures everything going on including the temperature. -7.2c this morning whilst cycling. It certainly felt that cold too!

Got the chicken in the slow cooker for when I get home tonight, another shredded chicken with veg and wedges. I also found myself fitting into some size large clothing which is a bloody good feeling. I'm now in a mix between large/x-large and in some cases xxl, why can't clothing be consistent! I've bought a few bits which are far too small with the aim of getting into them though, I don't want to be left how I was when I lost the weight and was wearing a lot of clothing too big for me.

Back